In BF4, sniper rifle damage....

MUSGRADA
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-07-30 05:19
...needs to kill a guy with one shot mid range to the chest....SO FLIPPING TIRED OF HITTING A GUY SQUARE IN THE CHEST AT MID RANGE WITH BOLT ACTIONS AND GETTING HIT MARKERS, AND HAVING TO FINISH WITH PISTOL, OR RECEIVING A 95 TO 98% ASSIST. Playing aggressive recon is hard enough. Make it worth it in BF4 please, like it was in BFBC2. Sniping was great in that game. That's all. End of rant.
RustyFrags
US Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2013-07-30 05:22
Doing over 70 damage to somebody counts as a kill. Not sure if it goes toward your gun stats though.
Winning exemplifies nothing.
MegaloDorian
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-07-30 05:38
Having a bolt-action rifle kill with one shot at close ranges (or relatively close ranges) is highly contradictory to what a bolt-action rifle should be used for.

The sniper rifles (with Magnum Ammo) are overpowered in BC2, and there's not much reason to use anything else aside from them since they worked great from zero to a thousand meters.
Undetected. Unexpected. Wings of glory. Tell their story.
w6ctoj5fn7
US Enlisted: 2012-07-15
2013-08-27 07:10 , edited 2013-08-27 07:21 by w6ctoj5fn7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK9PC2BDypg&feature=youtu.be [youtube.com]
Heres some gameplay exclusevly of snipers. It gives you an Idea
marooned-pirate
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-08-27 07:13
You could always play hardcore or use the sniper rifles like a sniper.
“Another name? Oh, certainly. And when the Faceless Men come to kill me, I'll say, 'No, you have the wrong man, I'm a different dwarf with a hideous facial scar.'"
WARRIOROFTHEHOOD
Enlisted: 2013-08-18
2013-08-27 07:21
Good, screw snipers.They ruin everything.
Sir-xer21
RU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-08-27 07:59
MUSGRADA said:
...needs to kill a guy with one shot mid range to the chest....SO FLIPPING TIRED OF HITTING A GUY SQUARE IN THE CHEST AT MID RANGE WITH BOLT ACTIONS AND GETTING HIT MARKERS, AND HAVING TO FINISH WITH PISTOL, OR RECEIVING A 95 TO 98% ASSIST. Playing aggressive recon is hard enough. Make it worth it in BF4 please, like it was in BFBC2. Sniping was great in that game. That's all. End of rant.

umm, lrn2aim.
[quote JJuski said:]Its Xer21. You`re all doomed.[/quote] [quote VoteKick6o3matty said:]xer21 for new battlelog community manager.[/quote]
HBenceHUN
HU Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-08-27 08:12
I still can't understand why can't people use weapons like they are supposed to be used. If you pick a bolt-action rifle, then you are a sniper, not a damn shock trooper. If you want to get up close and personal, pick an actually useful class for close-mid range encounters.

Medic can heal and revive.
Support can supress and resupply.
Engineer can engage incoming vehicles, and repair friendlies.

Sniper is just.. well... trying to inflate his stats by killing. The only thing he can do for the team is to laser designate targets. You can spawn on flags and squadmates (or squad leader in HC), therefore Spawn Beacon is not really used for other, than getting back to his rooftop. Other classes can spot hostiles as well.

I don't really want to hurt anyone's feelings, but in my honest opinion, a sniper is the least teamplayer class. Of course a few of them can be handy in combat, but when 20 out of 32 players on our team are snipers, we are doomed to defeat.
Battlefield Veteran | Sergeant of the Master Sergeants most important person of Extreme Sergeants to the max.
Di57UR83D
PK Enlisted: 2012-03-17
2013-08-27 08:12 , edited 2013-08-27 08:18 by Di57UR83D
Camping with SV98 in Bandar Desert (hehe)
Who needs a range finder? ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQH7sjDiqpc&feature=c4-overview&list=UU6l-AtHZSyfYgB0wuKiRWFg [youtube.com]

I am excited about the Intervention in BF4 and as far as I know damage >=75 counts as a kill (could be wrong).
http://www.youtube.com/Di57UR83D >>> Rank #1 Sniper Rifles & Recon, PAKISTAN
kzw98
Enlisted: 2013-06-16
2013-12-31 01:03
MGLxPR0xPWnzRswg said:

Screw assault players, they ruin everything.
AyYo_Kansas
CA Enlisted: 2013-06-20
2013-12-31 01:11
HBenceHUN said:
Sniper is just.. well... trying to inflate his stats by killing. The only thing he can do for the team is to laser designate targets. You can spawn on flags and squadmates (or squad leader in HC), therefore Spawn Beacon is not really used for other, than getting back to his rooftop.

You can parachute in from a snipers spawn beacon and use that to get behind enemy lines right? Then you can go all ramboace23 on the enemy and arm the mcoms and be the hero :)
Quickscoping call of duty lowlife loser.
KamiDOTexe
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-12-31 08:48
You would really hate bf2 then. No sniper rifle was a ohk.even the M95 AMR and that was a .50cal

Maybe you need to suck less or suck it the fuck upand get better.
MattP17_99
US Enlisted: 2012-07-06
2013-12-31 08:54
If you made it where a sniper was a one hit kill to the chest, that idea would come right back to you in a bad way. Snipers are perfectly balanced, a headshot is a kill, a chest hit is sometimes a kill, and the more effective it is at long range the less effective in close range. It's not difficult at all to land a chest shot, everyone would snipe endlessly for one hit kills.
losk64
US Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2013-12-31 09:17
^This, learn to aim, it's honestly not that difficult. Also, Recon is a great kit for team play. I've had spawn beacons that I've placed turn over games because my squad could continually spawn and put pressure on enemy objectives that we normally couldn't push up to from where we were (Think maps like Locker, Objectives ABC on Golmond, and of course Zavod). Not only that, but we also have C4 which can be used for booby-trapping buildings, laying a makeshift trap for tanks on the road, or for just flat out destroying of vehicles. If you want to go into class specifics, the TUGs auto spots most enemies, sees through walls, and lasts after you die something other classes cannot do. The SOFLAM auto designates vehicles and on Close Quarters maps provides a blinding effect to the enemy (again, something unique to the class). Tired of rooftop snipers? MAV destroys their spawn beacon and can be used to push them off or keep them spotted.

TL;DR: Bolt Actions are totally fine and Recon can be a useful class if you use the appropriate gadgets at the appropriate times.
Marinovv
BG Enlisted: 2013-04-10
2013-12-31 09:24 , edited 2013-12-31 09:24 by Marinovv
kzw98 said:
MGLxPR0xPWnzRswg said:

And people said that they don't get revived as frequently as they should. :-)
I'm not a big assault player, but revive everyone if i have a chance. :)
DO YOU LIKE ME NAOW, BIATCH?
Hawxxeye
GR Enlisted: 2012-02-10
2013-12-31 09:43
DatTrickyDude said:
kzw98 said:
MGLxPR0xPWnzRswg said:
And people said that they don't get revived as frequently as they should. :-)
I'm not a big assault player, but revive everyone if i have a chance. :)

The chance that you will have the chance to revive someone is not as good as one would expect.
"People on the internet believe that in reality their opinion is fantastic! Its the best thing in the world! Its gold! You could sell it. You could eat for a year by selling just one of their fantastic opinions!" By TotalBiscuit