Thread is locked.

PC quick time events and 360 controller ?

Dentnu
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-25 15:09
Hi Everyone

I currently have back problems and can not sit down in front of my computer for a few mins I currently play my pc games laying down with a 360 controller. Problem is that the PC version of battlefield for some reason does not let me do the quick time event sequences with a 360 controller as no button on the controller works and there is no way that I see to re map the buttons for quick time events in the game menu. Does anyone jknow how to fix this problem ? ? ? ?

Thanks
KillerDumpbee
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-25 21:03
I to am having the same problems with the controller. Due to a workplace accident, which cause some nerve damage in my right arm, I can not play with a keyboard and mouse so I use the 360 gamepad. The quick time events do not register when I press the buttons on the controller.
Scrappy1850
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-10-26 00:54
I am also having this problem. I enjoy single player games on a xbox360 wireless. This is rather frustrating and it seems like it would be an easy fix.
EnragedTemplar
2011-10-26 01:07
the only way around this is to MAP the buttons on the controller to KEYSTROKES rather than using the in game options.

there is no default way of doing this in windows that i know of. but you can use third party programs like Pinnacle Game Profiler (not free) or Xpadder (free)

http://xpadder.com/ [xpadder.com]

until there is an official note about this. this is the simplest way of doing things.
Scrappy1850
2011-11-03 23:10
Has anyone heard about this? I paid $60 for this game and can't play it properly because of this. When is this going to be fixed?
DIMENSHA
Enlisted: 2012-03-03
2012-03-04 00:01
F#ckin a cripples unite hurry up an fix this $#!t
chevelle69e9
Enlisted: 2012-07-07
2012-07-07 01:10
Bump, lazy devs please get back to work and fix this, its just stupid you would not include this support for a game that is ported to a system that uses the same controller
isolatedpawn12
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-07-08 19:38
Yeah, I second that. I'd like to play the single player campaign in front of my TV with the 360 controller. WTF!
bodiseifer1969
Enlisted: 2012-09-08
2012-09-09 17:36 , edited 2012-09-09 17:39 by bodiseifer1969
has anyone tried using xpadder just for the keystrokes required for quicktime events
ie (E left mouse space etc) just a thought.
xwize
GB Enlisted: 2013-01-26
2013-01-27 08:50
Just bought the game, started single player campaign... same issue, it's disgraceful how these things are overlooked, hacky p.o.s
0-THUNDERCAT-0
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-01-27 10:44 , edited 2013-01-27 10:51 by 0-THUNDERCAT-0
Dentnu said:
Hi Everyone

I currently have back problems and can not sit down in front of my computer for a few mins I currently play my pc games laying down with a 360 controller. Problem is that the PC version of battlefield for some reason does not let me do the quick time event sequences with a 360 controller as no button on the controller works and there is no way that I see to re map the buttons for quick time events in the game menu. Does anyone jknow how to fix this problem ? ? ? ?

Thanks

Are you laying down because your over weight bad back..Have you got your monitor on the celling if not how you play laying down....

1 easy fix with no xbox padder is simple

http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/settings-editor/downloads [bf3.realmware.co.uk]
http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/settings-editor/images/v2.3/standard-keybindings-jet.png [bf3.realmware.co.uk]
Download that install set up all your keys not hard

And 1 more thing who cares about single player no 1 buys bf3 for single player its all about the muti

plus with these things you want them to do is make a pc game more like a xbox game

stop if you want to use a pad its not setup right on a game buy a console stop moaning

its not there fault you got a bad back cant use your arm

we dont want pc games made into consoles

if you want to play like a console buy a console

SORRY BUT ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU KILLING PC GAMING
Raepok
US Enlisted: 2013-08-28
2013-08-28 14:00
Sorry Thundercat but it's actually people like you who are killing PC gaming. Telling others how to play their games, telling others what game modes to play. I regret to inform you that you are not the lord and master of anyone, and they can play what they want, how they want.

P.S. In the same post that has you complaining about the death of PC gaming you are telling people to play consoles instead. See something wrong there?
RockZillaX
Enlisted: 2012-10-28
2013-09-08 09:35
Personally I'm a little tired of people slagging off other games who like using a controller on their PC.. We should be supporting each other no hindering each other.. Jesus..

I for one have noticed this problem of the QTE in BF3 only supporting KB/M which is nuts considering the rest of the game is fine.. The code is there.. its been made for the console versions its just laziness plain and simple..

Get it together EA!!
Kumasi-77
DE Enlisted: 2012-03-17
2014-02-22 16:13
If i start the singleplayer, first szene after entering the train, the "tutorial" says: LT for aim RT for shoot and R for reload -.- only the triggerbuttons will show in this game. before i bought the game i download it illigal to test it and in the illegal version it works perfect with my xbox controller but in the original version it dont -.- please fix it. the game is really not new
MobiusQuizaBR
BR Enlisted: 2012-07-10
2016-01-09 23:54
0-THUNDERCAT-0 said:
Dentnu said:
Hi Everyone

Thanks
Are you laying down because your over weight bad back..Have you got your monitor on the celling if not how you play laying down....

http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/settings-editor/images/v2.3/standard-keybindings-jet.png [bf3.realmware.co.uk]

And 1 more thing who cares about single player no 1 buys bf3 for single player its all about the muti

plus with these things you want them to do is make a pc game more like a xbox game

stop if you want to use a pad its not setup right on a game buy a console stop moaning

No my friend, it's you the problem of PC Gaming. Elitists who thinks he's better than anyone else and telling everyone to follow the rules in the "Bible" of PC Gaming, if people bought the game, they play however they want to play it: single, multi, etc. Enough said...
RustedRoot
US Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2016-01-10 13:26
Blaze123789 said:
0-THUNDERCAT-0 said:
Dentnu said:
Hi Everyone

Thanks

No my friend, it's you the problem of PC Gaming. Elitists who thinks he's better than anyone else and telling everyone to follow the rules in the "Bible" of PC Gaming, if people bought the game, they play however they want to play it: single, multi, etc. Enough said...

You finally decided to comment 2 years later? Nice necro.
What do I put here?
freebasing
Enlisted: 2011-12-26
2016-01-28 22:20
The guy asked for help, not a lecture. Get a life
StrikerMan780
Enlisted: 2012-11-06
2016-03-11 15:52
The fact this hasn't been fixed after all these years is a fucking disgrace.

I'm in a situation right now where keyboard/mouse isn't feasable, and using a controller doesn't respond properly with the QTEs in-game.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.