Thread is locked.

Spyware Explained for Dummys

Theseuskhan
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-04 02:01
Seeing the amount of Origin is Spyware threads i find it neccesary to explain something,

Spyware is software that installs WITHOUT ur knowledge, It does not EXPLAIN to you inside your ToS what its doing and it is classed as a violation by all anti virus software.

Spyware uploads ALL data that it obtains.

Origin performs a system scan to check for violations like PB. It only uploads the violations.

You are made aware of this in the ToS.

If Origin was Spyware, then overnight it would be reclassed at a very fast speed to spyware. Google would block it. Your anti virus would remove it. And no company would support it

The only people who believe its spyware are nations who are proved stupid on the world playing field. No names mentioned.

Considering it as spyware is utterly tarded. No matter what it does in the background, if the worlds leading anti virus software's support it , its blatantly doing a legitimate service. If you consider it spyware , you are also insulting Microsoft, AVG, Kaperspy and anyone else who writes definitions.

Off course every company is wrong, and you are right in your belief origin is evil.

Or is it because its not called Steam thats the real problem with u guys.
- EA Answers http://Answers.ea.com/ - Got a problem/bug/glitch please head to EA Answers. If your bored check out my Youtubez https://www.Youtube.com/Theseuskhan - "In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself." - Bf3 Problems - Battlelog.org ? -
jackdw4
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2011-11-04 02:05
99% of gamers have steam.
What... 5% of gamers have origin?

Humans, by our very nature, don't like change. We're more comfortable with what we know, with what we feel safe with.
No wonder people are dubious, or concerned... Most people have enver used origin before and are being forced to!
aimii-chan
JP Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-04 02:07
jackdw4 said:

No offense, but this looks very wrong if you read this..
NumberedAsThree
NZ Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-11-04 02:10
k-Teku said:
jackdw4 said:

99% of gamers can have steam and 5% can have origin. He is not wrong in saying that. Some people can have both, you know :P
Theseuskhan
2011-11-04 02:10
jackdw4 said:

Humans, by our very nature, don't like change. We're more comfortable with what we know, with what we feel safe with.
No wonder people are dubious, or concerned... Most people have enver used origin before and are being forced to!

I have spent my life ether in a Service Career (royal marines, security , ma instrutor) or inside the Game industry (marketing Rep, Game Reviewer, Etc)

I was working the Day HL2 came out in our Kettering Branch of Game. I saw the first PC game of all time that truely made a profit HL2. I also saw the mass amounts of people that returned it.

"what is this steam shit"

"why the fuck am i buying a game that needs to be online"

My how you guys have changed so very much since that day.
- EA Answers http://Answers.ea.com/ - Got a problem/bug/glitch please head to EA Answers. If your bored check out my Youtubez https://www.Youtube.com/Theseuskhan - "In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself." - Bf3 Problems - Battlelog.org ? -
Sluddtea
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2011-11-04 02:11
DarkestRaine said:
k-Teku said:
jackdw4 said:
99% of gamers can have steam and 5% can have origin. He is not wrong in saying that. Some people can have both, you know :P

^^^^^^
this
bossdonut
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-04 02:12
well if it is spyware and it does snoop around my hard drive then its going to find some disgusting stuff.
Orbitus2001
Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-04 02:12
So 99% of the console gamers have Steam too? Thats amazing. I bet if you asked them they wouldn't know what it is unless they play on a computer too. The thing is Steam does pretty much the same thing just not as deep as Origin does. So maybe you guys should start the conspiracies on Steam as well.
AxholeRose
2011-11-04 02:13
Origin is pretty much just like Steam. It might have a few more aggressive data mining capabilities, probably because the company wants to know the games we play, how often we play, etc. So they can make the program better.
garyikillyou
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-11-04 02:14
TheseusKhan said:
jackdw4 said:

I have spent my life ether in a Service Career (royal marines, security , ma instrutor) or inside the Game industry (marketing Rep, Game Reviewer, Etc)

I was working the Day HL2 came out in our Kettering Branch of Game. I saw the first PC game of all time that truely made a profit HL2. I also saw the mass amounts of people that returned it.

"what is this steam shit"

"why the fuck am i buying a game that needs to be online"

My how you guys have changed so very much since that day.
I agree, most game changers, where slammed at launch. People need to give this game time. It's not even been what two weeks? Does anyone else remember the BF2 launch?
My Arsenal: Sig P2340 .40 Marlin 60 .22LR Tula Mosin Nagant 91/30 Hex Receiver (all matching) Norinco SKS Paratrooper (all matching) Waffen Werks AK-74 (all matching)
Who_is_El_KaBong
only a dummy would spell dummies as dummys.
BF1942 plus all expansions 110$, BF2 plus all expansions 110$, Bf3 plus all expansions 110$, BF4 plus all expansion 110$.
OverShift
US Enlisted: 2011-11-01
TheseusKhan said:
The only people who believe its spyware are nations who are proved stupid on the world playing field. No names mentioned.

You could say that is a racist comment.
SKaREO
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2011-11-04 02:19
I always hated Steam, Origin isn't much different.
Theseuskhan
2011-11-04 02:22
Vietnam_Tom322 said:
TheseusKhan said:
You could say that is a racist comment.

A matter of perspective. Stupidity can be measured in a number of ways.
jackdw4
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2011-11-04 02:51
Orbitus2001 said:
So 99% of the console gamers have Steam too? Thats amazing. I bet if you asked them they wouldn't know what it is unless they play on a computer too. The thing is Steam does pretty much the same thing just not as deep as Origin does. So maybe you guys should start the conspiracies on Steam as well.
Many apologies for being so-small minded.

However, I presumed that posting in the Battlefield 3 - PC (note the PC!) forum would kind of indicate that I was refering to PC gamers rather than consoles....
pinkbloodire
IE Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2011-11-05 12:46
Can we all just stop bickering about wording and such shite and get down to the problems people actually have with the game and origin in general?
ChristophTheWolf
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-05 12:58 , edited 2011-11-05 12:59 by ChristophTheWolf
Well actualy the description of SPYWARE is completly wrong, because you can actual have spyware that you installed willingly on your pc, but the software does other things you thaught it would or it does what you want and spy your system. This is what origin does. Its a software like steam and its spying your system, it reads your folder and files to collect data about your gaming behavior, maybe about cracks you installed or other things you did. That is illegal, its a crime in many states and beside that you can bring them to court for it and get a lot of money from them!
Voorite
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-11-05 13:04
Leave a reply...
ChristophTheWolf said:
Well actualy the description of SPYWARE is completly wrong, because you can actual have spyware that you installed willingly on your pc, but the software does other things you thaught it would or it does what you want and spy your system. This is what origin does. Its a software like steam and its spying your system, it reads your folder and files to collect data about your gaming behavior, maybe about cracks you installed or other things you did. That is illegal, its a crime in many states and beside that you can bring them to court for it and get a lot of money from them!

you signed the ToC's, thus its not illegal. EA have brains, they arent stupid and are 100% within their rights to do what they are doing.
egosumacunnus
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-05 13:07
So what is something that installs with your knowledge and collects information without your knowledge?
JoeH-87
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-11-05 13:08 , edited 2011-11-05 13:09 by JoeH-87
There's nothing wrong with origin. I couldn't give a rats ass what it scans, as long as it's not a key logger :D which it isn't and never will be.

as for Origin vs Steam, Origin will never be as big as Steam, purely because Origin is EA published games only at ridiculous prices(as far as I know), unless they start bringing in other games and not charging over the top prices, origin wont overtake steam as the best digital download service, as for me Origin will only be used for BF3! o and the free dead space 2 I got.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.