Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

anyone Warned/Banned for no reason?

Daish
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-11-20 07:05 , edited 2011-11-22 19:21 by Daish
Daish was banned again............. this time for quoted text

i was replying to somebody who used a offensive word. i said nothing offensive nothing vulgar myself and i was banned for 72 hours.

you can even see the quote tag in the email i censored out the offensive language with ****

i was banned for something i never said................ the text AFTER the |quote| box is mine ( i had to edit the quote box it messed the post up )
screenshot of what the post looked like i had someone email me a screenshot http://imageshack.us/f/847/bannedagaincensored.jpg/ [imageshack.us]

-------------------------------

Hello ,

Your Electronic Arts account has been suspended for 72 hours for violating the Terms of Services for Electronic Arts Online.

Violation:Inappropriate language

|That *** team DICE have proved they are a pack of useless lying ****holes and won't get another $ from me |quote| yes a lot of us got let down by BF3|

You can read the Terms of Service for Electronic Arts Online by going to the following web address.

http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp [ea.com]

If you feel that this action is unwarranted, or if you wish to dispute the claims of this email, please submit a dispute form by using the following link:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/terminated_form.php [support.ea.com]

The Electronic Arts support team is available at http://support.ea.com [support.ea.com] should you have any general questions or concerns about the rule or its enforcement in the game, as we feel it is important to understand the rule completely before returning to the game world.

Sincerely,
Customer Support
Electronic Arts, Inc.
---------------------

this is banned by EA support not a game server admin btw i lost all access to Battlefield 3.

I've had 1 warning for something i did not do. the warning was for quoted text. i censored the quote/email from EA Support with ******** so that there is nothing in this topic that breaks the TOS. im sure you can work it out.

so yeah anybody can make a mistake so i contacted EA Support to get it fixed. but they acted like no mistake was made.
Created 2 EA.support ticket's
Emailed customerservice@ea.com
Contacted EAsupport on twitter
Contacted EA support on live chat twice

every time i contacted them they said i was in the wrong........ they dont even check into reports. they just pretend to........... what kind of support is that. here is the screenshot of the post for proof

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/easupportwarning2censor.jpg/ [imageshack.us]

and the topic it was posted in http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489462591541/ [battlelog.battlefield.com] post 5 was the player who said the offensive text and 11 was the post i quoted it in

EA Support Email said:
Hello ,

Your Electronic Arts account has been issued a warning for violating the terms of service for Electronic Arts Online.

Violation:

d*********bag attitude do you have to possess
You can read the Terms of Service for Electronic Arts Online by going to the following web address.

The Electronic Arts support team is available at http://support.ea.com [support.ea.com] should you have any general questions or concerns about the rule or its enforcement in the game, as we feel it is important to understand the rule completely before returning to the game world.

Sincerely,
Customer Support
Electronic Arts, Inc.

EA.com Customer Relations

EA Support Email said:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts again.

I am sorry for the delay in responding to you.

I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing difficulties, and apologize for any inconvenience.There is no proof that any other customer said it.And also our email thread conversation is going no where.Finally you have to wait for more 24 hours.

If you have any other questions, then by all means feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Mohit

Electronic Arts – World Wide Customer Experience

ref:00DEIO80.500E1M7l4:ref

EA Support Email said:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing difficulties, and apologize for any inconvenience.The warning email sent on 14th Nov is because of Violation Inappropriate Language.Written :- :douchebag attitude do you have to possess.

Regards,

Mohit

the email below was censored by me the word "s****". i said that the "minimap/map was s***" and EA Support and that gave me a 72 day ban............. a 72 hour ban for something so minor for my first offense. what do you guys think of EA Support acting this way?

EA Support Email said:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing difficulties, and apologize for any inconvenience.I checked your account again and found that you were given warning not to use Inappropriate Language regarding game or players on 2011-11-14. But you wrote "s***" for maps and EA don't encourage this kind things.Due to this your account has been banned for 72 hours on 16th Nov.No one can un-ban this. I would request you to wait for 48 hours more.Then you will be able to play the game.If you think the map is not good or you want to change map you can write it on Forums so that our developers can see it and work on it.

Regards,

Mohit

EA Support Email said:
Hello ,

Your Electronic Arts account has been suspended for 72 hours for violating the Terms of Services for Electronic Arts Online.

Violation:Inappropriate comment

If you feel that this action is unwarranted, or if you wish to dispute the claims of this email, please submit a dispute form by using the following link:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/terminated_form.php [support.ea.com]

Sincerely,
Customer Support
Electronic Arts, Inc.

EA.com Customer Relations
Necrosis-Fox
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-20 07:07
protip: stay away from EA support, they won't help at all. Maybe monkeys will do better
Blargh
AxholeRose
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-20 07:07
You deserve to get warned/banned for referring to yourself in the third person.
Lolonado
2011-11-20 07:09
What do you expect.

The shit EA customer support is obviously a douchbag. *trollface.
VeritAsMVRL
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-11-20 07:11
GunsNRoses said:
You deserve to get warned/banned for referring to yourself in the third person.

As much as I wanna be fair and all, I agree..
AtheosH-K
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-11-20 07:12
Kinda weird, you can't say "shit" on the forums, in Battlelog, something that is directly linked to an adults only game that uses the phrase "I'm getting my shit pushed in". i think Hitler survived WWII and is moderating EA forums.
REMOVED for TOS Violations.
MaximumTacos
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-11-20 07:17
I got this but nothing happened to my forums posting / game playing... so, dunno?
Daish
2011-11-20 07:19 , edited 2011-11-20 07:29 by Daish
you cant access Battlelog unless you have the game..
the Game is full of offensive language and murder...

i asked the Support staff this before and they did not answer. my language was not directed at another player.

he also said that it was a SENIOR STAFF MEMBER............................ so its not just a lower level staff member who do actions like this by mistake. why do Senior staff members do stuff like this.

i would not be frustrated if i knew they did stuff like this. but i was never even given a real warning. banned for something so minor without a real warning how would you guys feel.

saying something so minor that was not directed at any other players in a game full of language like that. hell that word is on TV all the time its hardly that offensive. im talking about the 4 leter S word. something you do when you go to the toilet.

EA Support staff said:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts again.

I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing difficulties, and apologize for any inconvenience.As I said before we cannot interfere in seniors decision; there is no way I can help you in this case.Its only 24 more hours left.So I request you to wait and then you can play the game online.

Regards,

Mohit

Hatecamel
US Enlisted: 2011-11-14
2011-11-20 07:24 , edited 2011-11-20 07:25 by Hatecamel
What a god damn joke... Even more reason to never give these stupid fucks money ever again. Look at how awful the grammar is too, the pieces of shit can't even hire someone who speaks English after we've collectively given them hundreds of millions of dollars... Activision may have taken the Hitler title from EA, but they're still at least Himmler.
Daish
2011-11-20 07:48
anyone else been banned for almost no reason without warning?
ABCStudios
US Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2011-11-20 07:55 , edited 2011-11-20 07:57 by ABCStudios
I was banned, without warning for 72 hours for having the word d**k in my profile. MY PROFILE, NOT THE FORUMS. I hadn't even posted on the forums when I had it there. Then they tell me to pretty much screw off on the phone.

Sent e-mail after e-mail, talk to tier 2 customer support, and got nothing. No e-mails back, nothing. It's pathetic how they treat the customers who keep there company alive.
If you're upset or mad, we can probably get you a lollipop to make you feel better.
danthemanhowland
US Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2011-11-20 08:00
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/17/eas-unwieldy-banhammer-ea-responds/ [rockpapershotgun.com]

this might help
Xietsu
2011-11-20 08:09
hory jit u phcka unluky gud luk 2 u in futre forum go

Follow & like "this idea" (no registration required, just hit "Sign In") > http://tinyurl.com/MLBF3DFGS [tinyurl.com] < 457 Likes (12 days)

Please post & /sign my thread > http://www.tinyurl.com/MLBF3DF [tinyurl.com] < 108 design flaws to fix > 154 aspects TOTAL (Battlelog)
║ ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ) ____________ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ _____.______ Click the links ________.________ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ________________ (」゚ペ)」║......... ╚═══════════════════════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════════════════════════════════════╝
chizow
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-11-20 08:15
Ya I'm inclined to think they invoked the "3rd person clause" on you. But you may wanna edit out those emails, pretty sure I just saw a post get censored because posting EA support chats is against forum TOS.
Calumknight
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-20 08:18 , edited 2011-11-20 08:19 by Calumknight
nevermind misunderstood what was being said.....(couldnt be assed reading the wall of text)
Daish
2011-11-20 09:41
Leave a reply...
chizow said:
Ya I'm inclined to think they invoked the &quot;3rd person clause&quot; on you. But you may wanna edit out those emails, pretty sure I just saw a post get censored because posting EA support chats is against forum TOS.

do you have a link for that. i checked the TOS and did not see anything about not being alowed to post emails from EA Staff members. i even contacted a EA Staff member and they said it was not aganist the rules

Thank you for contacting Origin Help Center.
A transcript of your recent chat with one of our representatives is available below.
While this email address isn't set up to receive your replies, you can log in at help.origin.com and click on the 'My Cases' link to reconnect with us about any additional concerns.
General Info
Chat start time Nov *****, ***** *****:*****:***** PM EST
Chat end time Nov *****, ***** *****:*****:***** PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) *****:*****:*****
Operator Donna

Chat Transcript
info: Your approximate wait time is ***** minute.
info: Your approximate wait time is ***** minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Donna.
you: hi
Donna: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Donna how may I help you?
you: wondering if there is any links for terms of service that i am missing
you: for battlelog for battlefield *****
you: the fourms
Donna: I don&#*****;t believe so what are you looking for?
you: just wondering if im alowd to post proof that EA staff members made a mistake over and over and lied about checking if it was correct or not
Donna: A mistake with what sir?
you: getting warned for something i never said
you: the text that my account was warned for was a quote nothing i said
Donna: you can post this at help.ea.com
you: ive done that but EA staff members did not care about it
you: so im just checking if i can post it in the public fourms
you: to see what players think
Donna: To my knowledge its public. As long as its not vulgar.
you: damn i just thought of something
you: the word inside the picture of the mistake is a minor offensive word
you: i can censor it nm
Donna: Okay.
you: on my account is there still a warning for Battlelog?
you: http://imageshack.us/f/821/easupportwarning.jpg/ [imageshack.us]
you: http://imageshack.us/f/443/easupportwarning2.jpg/ [imageshack.us]
you: this is the mistake EA made when i contacted support. every time i contacted them they said it was correct and that my warning was valid
Donna: Okay &#*****;that second link, is that what you posted in the forums?
you: i havent posted anything yet
you: i just wanted to ask to make sure
you: other games i have played like World of Warcraft dont alow players to talk about actions taken by staff members
you: you get troubble for it
you: those are just pictures of the mistake it was quoted text nothing i said...
you: contacted ***** EA staff members every time i asked they said it was a valid warning
Donna: It is on your account that you have a *****hour suspension.
you: yep
you: the suspension is over
you: very frustrated that i was banned for ***** hours for something so minor without any warning
Donna: I apologize.
you: frustrating ontop of that that EA staff members kept saying i said something i did not
Donna: I apologize I wish I could have helped.
Donna: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
you: no that is all thank you
Donna: Your welcome.
chizow
2011-11-21 16:50
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/ctkulmi/stats/236554976/#!/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347751118634/3/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

Chammad (Moderator): It is against the TOS to post chats from EA Customer Service, sorry about the lock.
biologikAA
2011-11-21 16:55
dont use the online support. they are completely useless. i've tried contacting them before only to get the same response over and over "we can't do anything to help you", eventually i figured out how to resolve the issue myself

i'd suggest calling even though i have not tried this yet, i think you're better of speaking to a representative on the phone
MuyBeegMinj
2011-11-21 17:00
Indeed, you would be better off going to see a priest than live support.
PTG_Gamblor
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2011-11-21 17:14 , edited 2011-11-21 17:15 by PTG_Gamblor
As much as Danish's posts can annoy me at times (that talking third person does my head in), being banned like that for something so petty is a joke. Need to get their priorities in order, theirs hackers and whatnot roaming around (I've seen a fair few, not alot, but they are there), various other things that are in dire need of being fixed, and they go after someone for foul language. Its an 18+ game! I see much worse language in almost every thread

So utterly petty on the part of EA, and not justified at all. It seems that when Danish wants to complain about it, he just gets a flow chart-esqu response with a passing reference to his query. Totally useless