Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

No 64 Bit / Browser Support for Battlelog ?

HumAnKamikaze
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-12-14 21:35 , edited 2011-12-14 21:41 by HumAnKamikaze
Hey ,

i use the FFx64 to browse through the web, everything is working fine. Just the Battlelog Plugin isnt, cause the 64 Bit Version of my Browser is not supported. I get following msg " Your browser is not fully supported, soldier!
You can not use the x64 version of Browser on this site. "

This is a shame EA, that there is no 64Bit Support at all. And i doubt that someone is using a 32 Bit System to play this game, mostly every PC uses 64 Bit as OS/System-Drivers etc.

Please give us an update soon, as is said before. This is a shame.
Loque_k
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-12-14 22:49
AFAIK (as far as I know), FF does not do a 64bit version of their browser, not officially anyway. I could be wrong though, do you have link?

I run Win 7 64 bit, but you do not need the 64bit version of the browser ~ and if you did, why? :`D The only reason I can think of, is if your browser needed access to more than 3.2GB of ram (the limit of 32bit memory addressing)... which, is excessive to say the least :`D

I think this would be the same for all plugins, such as Flash etc... unless the companies have written 64bit versions.

EDIT: I found some reading, http://www.extremetech.com/computing/90546-firefox-8-x64-has-64-bit-browsing-finally-come-of-age [extremetech.com]

But ye, it seems you are running a nightly build then? In short, drop it for the vanilla 32bit... or even better, Chrome :`D I use Firefox for development and Chrome for browsing ~
=== Spectator Mode & Demo-Recording will transform this game. Please help promote the addition of these features! ===