Playing with friends has never been this easy. :P

exactor_it
Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2011-12-21 08:20
The cake is a lie. As is the title of this topic.

For all it's awesome BF3 is not living up to the statement you see every time you log into battlelog. It takes roughly 2 minutes to start the game and be ready to play MP. That's a long time.

More importantly you can only squad up in the main menu with 4 people. Why? Why does Dice think no one has friends? Please let me play with 8 (Xbox party limit). It can not be impossible or even hard to code as every other game I play let's me do it. :)

Tying into that issue is team-balance. Or lack of. When I play with friends it is no fun if 3 of us are on 1 team while 1 player is on the other. Switching teams just doesn't play nice. It won't allow you to switch due to balance issues. What balance issues? Teams fill up within seconds. Also you get more quits for players being in the wrong team than for imbalance. These quits in turn create imbalance. So the rule preventing you switch that is meant to solve balance issues, creates balance issues. Excellent.

Quick fix: Allow parties of 8. Allow them to join an empty server and be in 1 team and wait for 8 or 8+ enemies to join before starting the round. We shall happily wait safe in the knowledge that waiting in a match ready server isbetter than joining, quitting, reforming squad, repeat x12 before being able to play together.

Playing with friends has never been so easy. True. MW3 does it beautifully. But why is Dice advertising for someone elses game?
Karbonala
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-12-21 08:23
/signed
poisenpawn
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-12-21 08:25 , edited 2011-12-21 08:25 by poisenpawn
MW3 also only has a max of 18 player server's ( i think). BF3 CONSOLE 24. Now if you and your 7 other buddies all on one squad , say you guys have talent , it would just be another COD. 4 person squad is plenty. balances out the teams if ya ask me
OFDUnit23
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-12-21 08:28
Signed...except, I want to bring in 11 friends with me
DinoT1985
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-12-21 08:28
I've played with 8... Its not that hard. Join an empty server, they join session. If split as others join the game switch teams. Wala.
exactor_it
Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2011-12-21 08:29 , edited 2011-12-21 08:29 by exactor_it
poisenpawn said:
MW3 also only has a max of 18 player server's ( i think). BF3 CONSOLE 24. Now if you and your 7 other buddies all on one squad , say you guys have talent , it would just be another COD. 4 person squad is plenty. balances out the teams if ya ask me

Your statement doesn't make much sense. How would a team of 8 make it another CoD? Because we'd be winning in a game that is famous for revolving around teamwork by playing as a team. That would make it like CoD? The game that is for lone-wolfs. Perhaps it would be better for you to work out the stereotypes in your own time and post about them later, when you understand them.

Your post completely fails to relate to the OP. Have an awesome day.
Karbonala
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-12-21 08:31
DinoT1985 said:
I've played with 8... Its not that hard. Join an empty server, they join session. If split as others join the game switch teams. Wala.
Too complicated.

It's as if on any previous DICE game, nobody ever played with a group of people before.
Seems to me DICE wasn't expecting the influx of new players and think their measly 4 player parties can hold up.
Being an ex-CoD player, I usually ran around with a party of 6. Impossible to do here.
Even if they Join Session, impossible to get them in the same squad.
Martinspire
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-12-21 08:38
What surprises me the most is that if you join a game with a full squad of 4, you might end up in another ingame squad with different people where your original squad is placed in both teams. Seems a bit weird to me that it doesnt keep them together. (Thats why i created a squad, didnt i?)

I agree with the OP and while matchmaking has been improved, the joining system is still lacking usability
DinoT1985
2011-12-21 08:44
Karbonala said:
DinoT1985 said:
Too complicated.

It's as if on any previous DICE game, nobody ever played with a group of people before.
Seems to me DICE wasn't expecting the influx of new players and think their measly 4 player parties can hold up.
Being an ex-CoD player, I usually ran around with a party of 6. Impossible to do here.
Even if they Join Session, impossible to get them in the same squad.
Its too complicated to join an empty server then your friends hit Join Session in Progress? Wow who knew you having to do one thing and your friends do one thing was complicated...

My way takes less time to actually Squadding up. If already in a party;

Squad way: Create Squad, Invite Friends, wait for friends to join Squad, go back to previous menu. Go into server browser and flip through pages, join game.

My way: Go into server browser, go back a page, join server. They bring up Party and select your name to join session in progress.
James5954
US Enlisted: 2011-11-14
2011-12-21 08:46 , edited 2011-12-21 08:47 by James5954
Mixed feelings on the subject really..

I feel that a squad of 4 is plenty to easily dominate a match, every time I'm in a group of 4 we never lose. Whenever I get into a match with my clan and we get 6+ of us on one team, it's a cake walk, like it's hardly any fun because it's so easy. I feel like allowing groups bigger than 4 would create a gigantic imbalance, you'd just get a team full of a clan vs a bunch of randoms, and knowing my luck I'd prob get stuck with the randoms lol.

On the other hand, the game is so teamwork oriented at times and so awesome to play with friends that I feel it's a shame that you can't have a squad of 8+.

Maybe if they did allow squads above 4 to form they should do match making differently.. stick them against other people running in large numbers instead of putting them against randoms. Lets face it, steamrolls simply aren't fun.. the real fun matches are the close ones.

Earlier today I played several matches with my clan, we had 10 people on one team.
j0nnyb0y
2011-12-21 08:49
Leave a reply...
OFDUnit23 said:
Signed...except, I want to bring in 11 friends with me

Yup.. Quite happy with a squad of 4, however my platoon is growing and now has 20+ members, It would be nice to have the option of joining together in multiple squads...

Or even the alternative of starting a private match, or platoon only servers... any of the above would be nice.
ArvD
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-12-21 08:54
There should be a limit of 12!
IE, the maximum size the server can hold!

This would greatly help clan matches!
HayashiSakura
JP Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2011-12-21 08:57 , edited 2011-12-21 08:58 by HayashiSakura
I keep wanting to bring in lots of friends at once as well~ but it never works out. It would also allow me to help some of my friend's that are new to the game without them being too much of a bad influence on the rest of the team.

Oh and ArvD, can I borrow that kitchen knife in your mouth? I lost mine so I can't steal dog tags right now.