Squad Leader

sledgehammer122
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-02-15 20:52
What do you think about being designated as squad leader during game play?

Has anyone who has joined a game as a random, was designated as squad leader, ever issued order and nobody seems to follow them?

your thoughts & opinions!
"And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee...." John Donne
Mr_WalrusSaurus
RS Enlisted: 2012-01-12
2012-02-15 20:53
Squad leader is useless in BF3.
In BF2 I loved being squad leader, I could drop artillery strikes :D
Canhoser
CA Enlisted: 2011-12-03
2012-02-15 20:54
I've had the pug squad follow my recommendation a few times. To pad points, I typically just change the designated objective depending on where the majority of the squad is going.
sledgehammer122
2012-02-15 21:01
EliteStefan said:
Squad leader is useless in BF3.
In BF2 I loved being squad leader, I could drop artillery strikes :D

would love to have artillery strikes control as squad leader. things like this could make being squad leader more attractive. not sure what ability the squad leader could have to make the team want to follow the orders of the squad leader. assuming of core the squad leader was a good player.
"And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee...." John Donne
YOLO-DILLIGAF
AU Enlisted: 2012-01-13
2012-02-15 21:04 , edited 2012-02-15 21:20 by YOLO-DILLIGAF
I am def a rager when I play, I think everyone is with this game when they start out because of the technique you need to adapt for aiming cross hairs and using predetermined lines of sight quickly.

I personally adapted to this and while studying my own moves and tactics I found that just contributing to being part of your squad and working as a team is the best way to learn the game as you have more time to analyse and you can study very quickly how your team m8's and your enemy's react when pressure is applied.

Once you know how to be an effective part of a squad (with all squad members) working together, you will find yourself not only having more fun but you will acquire more points within the squad and find that everything becomes easier when your opponents are demoralized from being so out numbered and out maneuvered.

It is also very important if you are the squad leader to designate targets and learn to stop and do your part. BTW designating as many targets (men, vehicles or objects) as possible is the sure fire way of team, (not just squad) effectiveness.

In short, be a team player :)

800+ revives rank 45 :)
sledgehammer122
2012-02-15 21:20
@dwilko_86
You are correct about being a team player. I get the most wins when I find squads who work together to obtain the object. such as attacking the M-Coms. but I am finding it harder and harder to find ppl who want to work as a team. i like to keep it interesting so I have not joined a clan or teamed up with friends. I like being a random. what I dont understand is why ppl dont want to work together since this is what the game is based on. you get more out of it when you do work together as a team.
YOLO-DILLIGAF
AU Enlisted: 2012-01-13
2012-02-15 22:02
The game need more like us bud.
StrassenKidz
Enlisted: 2013-03-31
2014-04-29 14:13 , edited 2014-05-01 19:44 by StrassenKidz
BLANK