CommandereON
PH Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-02-26 16:56
1) WHAT ARE YOUR SYSTEM SPECS

CPU: i5-2500K
overclocked?: Yes
GPU: NVidia MSI N560 GTX Ti Twin Frozr
sli or Crossfire: No
GPU Driver version: Currently 285.38 (downgraded because of stuttering), already tried 295.73 and experienced problems with stutter/rubberbanding
Ram: 8GB (Corsair)
sound card(if used): Mobo
Sound card driver version: N/A
Browser you are using(version also): Firefox 10.0.2
Dxdiag file link:
*look below on how to get this file*

http://www.mediafire.com/?4osx7qluae72lfw [mediafire.com]

Help the Devs find the problems.

1) list system specs as above
2) when does it happen?
3) what map?
4) got a screen shot or video of the issue?
5) does it repeat itself in every game?
6) what have you tried to fix it (helps eliminate variables)?

Problem: Stuttering and Rubberbanding

2) All the time

I have evidence that it started after the Feb. 14, 2012 patch. I have been recording with Bandicam for my montage files and all videos up to Feb. 13, 2012 have shown smooth gameplay. Feb. 15, 2012 gameplay began to show the rubberbanding where other players teleport every 7 to 10 seconds or so.

3) All maps

4) Yes, I have videos

5) Yes!

6) Changed resolutions, video quality to low, tweaked console commands suggested by the community, switched routers, reverted to stock values for my mobo instead of overclocked, tweaked Nvidia card settings with MSI Afterburner, went to window mode instead of fullscreen, turned vsync on, disabled triple buffering, tried auto quality option under video settings menu, turned down networking smoothness option for bf3 gameplay, disabled traffic shaping, changed from wired connection and tried wireless via wifi usb stick, consulted other contributors online

Please bring this to the attention of EA/Dice developers. Thanks!
xAnAngelOfDeathx
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-02-26 20:06
PC built just for BF3
Win 7 64
I7 2600 @ 3.4ghz not OC
Ati 6970 - 2 gig OC
8 gigs ram
Creative Xfi titanium
All the latest drivers

Firefox (latest)
Problem started after the Feb 14 patch.
The problem seems to occur on most, but not all servers.
Occurs on all maps as best as I can tell.

I've tried the usual stuff to fix this but I am painfully aware that it was a patch that did this and nothing on my machine.

Symptoms:
High FPS, low ping and about every 10 seconds there is stuttering which makes the game virtually unplayable and for sure not enjoyable.

Need a fix asap...
"I'm going to kill all of 'em!"
Seaclean
DK Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-02-26 20:19
P57 ASUS motherboard
i5 2500K (slightly overclocked)
Geforce GTX560 Ti Hawk Edition (latest drivers)
4GB Kingston HyperX RAM

Game runs fine, even on ultra settings, save for stuttering issues.

The game especially stutters when I keep Texture Quality on Ultra, and the stuttering kicks in once I've engaged in combat any sort of way.

I can easily walk around caspian border with explosions around and enjoy the scenery at ultra settings with an FPS at about 20-25, but once I'm combat then the stuttering usually starts and gets progressive worse.

It frustrates me ONLY because I can seemingly run the game on highest, as long as I'm never in combat. Guess I should be a sniper? *ba-dom-tch*
NEVER FORGET: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/241306/dice-well-never-charge-for-battlefield-maps/
Valiant_Hoser
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-02-26 20:20 , edited 2012-02-26 21:06 by Valiant_Hoser
Game runs well on high at about 40 FPS then about 15-20 minutes in I will start getting these Huge spikes in CPU GPU usage which effectivley drop the FPS to zero for a second. Performance degrades even more over time. This happens regardelss of what the grapihcs are set to.

CPU: AMD Phenom 2 940 BE Stock @ 3Ghz
overclocked?: NO
GPU: NVidia MSI 560 GTX
GPU Driver version: 295.73
Ram: 4GB DDR2 Dual channel
MOBO: Asus M2n32-sli deluxe
sound card(if used): Realtek HD audio onboard
Other sound card. Seinheisser external card integrated with headphones.
Browser you are using(version also): Firefox 10.0.2

link to DXDiag http://www.mediafire.com/?663p94gd3ffp66l [mediafire.com]
Brock_Salm0n
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-02-27 04:41
Valiant, if it slows down 15-20 mins in to playing, it may be cooling. ALSO, try disabling your sound card. The Realtek HD audio onboard is generally fine but a discrete sound card will work better. The Realtek HD audio onboard has been known to cause issues sometimes in certain games.
gizmo2501
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-01 19:16
CPU: Q9450
RAM: 8GB
GPU: GTX460, 295.73
Windows 7

Get serious, unplayable rubberbanding all the time, no matter what map. Never happened before new drivers or newest patch.
JohnnyBeverage
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-03-01 20:34
Win 7 32 bit
CPU Q9550 not overclocked
Ram 4 GB
GPU 6950 (Tried multiple drivers, none stopped lag)
Firefox and Chrome (lag on both)
Sound Card ASUS Xonar (?)

Unplayable since last Thursday.
Harreh3
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-03-01 22:31
GTX560ti
3gb DDR3
i7 920 @ 2.66ghz.

Havnt played for a month, came back and game is suddenly unplayable. Tried reinstalling. Also horrific rubberbanding.
CptDbag
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-01 23:11 , edited 2012-03-01 23:20 by CptDbag
cpu intel i5 (2x2.3ghz)
gpu nvidia geforce gt540m 2gb (driver 295.73)
ram 6gb ddr3

struttering like in cq situations, before the patch i had perm 35 frames, now its between 50 and 5 frames. ( to see frames open console with "^" ,type "render.drawfps 1" and enter, close console with ^)

i'm going to try 295.51 (beta) and hit u up with the results.
Turb0Sauce
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-01 23:36
RECOMMENDED FIX.

I just posted this in the other forum post, but I'll repeat it here since I know how frustrating this problem is.

I was having this exact problem a week ago. Anytime I tried to turn it would hesitate for a split second. But this would occur 4 or 5 times over a second. It also seemed to occur more frequently/severely during intense action (which was unfortunate since that's when you need precise aiming).

For most I've seen, the issue has to do with windows 7 and vista where the sound 'micro-lags' the game due to a choke in the network performance throttling value. Hence this is why it occurred for me during times of more intense action.

I finally resolved this by changing the network performance throttling value in windows 7. Before you do this, I suggest diagnosing your rig to see if this is what is needed to be changed on your setup. To diagnose it, disable your sound card in the device manager and then attempt to play the game in the way you would experience the stuttering. If this fixes the stuttering, your network performance throttling value is too low. Enable your sound card again. To hopefully fix the stuttering, do the following.

- open up regedit (in the windows start search regedit)
- go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
- on the right, there will be a selection for NetworkThrottlingIndex. Right click it and select modify
- the value in the field Value Data should be "a" which is hexadecimal for 10. change "a" to "32" (hex for 50) without quotations.
- Click OK. Once this value is changed, the value off to the right of NetworkThrottlingIndex under Data should be 0x00000032 (50)
- Close regedit and restart Windows.
- Attempt to play the game again in the way you would to see if the stuttering is resolved

Hopefully this will fix most of everyone's stuttering issue.

Here is a link to where I found this fix.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1043281 [forums.steampowered.com]

If this did work for you, please respond in the comments so DICE can know that this is the issue. What I suspect is that some new windows update changed something that just didn't sit well with BF3 and other games.
CptDbag
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-02 00:07
Turb0Sauce said:
RECOMMENDED FIX.

I just posted this in the other forum post, but I'll repeat it here since I know how frustrating this problem is.

I was having this exact problem a week ago. Anytime I tried to turn it would hesitate for a split second. But this would occur 4 or 5 times over a second. It also seemed to occur more frequently/severely during intense action (which was unfortunate since that's when you need precise aiming).

For most I've seen, the issue has to do with windows 7 and vista where the sound 'micro-lags' the game due to a choke in the network performance throttling value. Hence this is why it occurred for me during times of more intense action.

I finally resolved this by changing the network performance throttling value in windows 7. Before you do this, I suggest diagnosing your rig to see if this is what is needed to be changed on your setup. To diagnose it, disable your sound card in the device manager and then attempt to play the game in the way you would experience the stuttering. If this fixes the stuttering, your network performance throttling value is too low. Enable your sound card again. To hopefully fix the stuttering, do the following.

- open up regedit (in the windows start search regedit)
- go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
- on the right, there will be a selection for NetworkThrottlingIndex. Right click it and select modify
- the value in the field Value Data should be "a" which is hexadecimal for 10. change "a" to "32" (hex for 50) without quotations.
- Click OK. Once this value is changed, the value off to the right of NetworkThrottlingIndex under Data should be 0x00000032 (50)
- Close regedit and restart Windows.
- Attempt to play the game again in the way you would to see if the stuttering is resolved

Hopefully this will fix most of everyone's stuttering issue.

Here is a link to where I found this fix.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1043281 [forums.steampowered.com]

If this did work for you, please respond in the comments so DICE can know that this is the issue. What I suspect is that some new windows update changed something that just didn't sit well with BF3 and other games.

i'm not really too much in computers but how does networktrotteling affect my frames? my ping is good its my frames that bounce.

THE OLDER DRIVER BIRNGS SLIGHT IMPROVEMENT
Turb0Sauce
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-02 00:19
I always had decent ping as well, the problem (I believe) was that some hangup occurred when the network server is communicating with your computer and due to the throttling choke this prevents your computer from updating the sound occurrences as they should be since it is waiting for this choke in the pipeline. That's my understanding of it anyway.
firestormbullet
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-02 00:22
FPS drops,none smooth gameplay,poor performance (45FPS feels like 20FPS)
i tried LOW,MEDIUM,HIGH,ULTRA
changed resolution but nothing seems to chenge

CPU: PHENOM II x4 965 3.4Ghz Black Edition C3
overclocked?: NO
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD6850 1G GDDR5
sli or Crossfire: No
GPU Driver version: 12.1 and experienced problems with stutter/rubberbanding
Ram: 4GB (G.Skill) 1333Mhz
sound card(if used): Mobo
Sound card driver version: N/A
Browser you are using(version also): Google Chrome

tried everything,every troubleshooting but its the same
SpaZZnoNerd
Enlisted: 2011-11-10
2012-03-10 07:12 , edited 2012-03-10 07:16 by SpaZZnoNerd
Rubber banding like Wiley E Coyote! Or Michael Jacksons moonwalk ... except he was a freak! SO EA How about a fix already it started after the last patch.

SYStem: gaming rig tricked out with to much to talk about. Game was smooth until a few weeks ago .. now ... not so good!