Windows 8 support

hgjwz
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-03-02 11:21
Who the heck wants to play with os what works like that. Basic workarounds if you want to try is trying to run it in compability modes and such but its still not even beta version of the OS so dunno wtf you expect if its not working.
OverShift
US Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2012-03-02 11:27
GypsieOwner said:
Alright so I updated to windows 8 consumer preview and after battlefield 3 loads about 37mb of data it crashes. Anybody got a work around for this? The .exe just closes but battlelog keeps saying logging in.

Not shit about w8 sucking in this thread, go qq elsewhere.

Do you complain about not been able to play this game on your cell phone 2?
PMKevinRudd_eliM
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-02 11:32
OverShift said:
GypsieOwner said:
Alright so I updated to windows 8 consumer preview and after battlefield 3 loads about 37mb of data it crashes. Anybody got a work around for this? The .exe just closes but battlelog keeps saying logging in.

Not shit about w8 sucking in this thread, go qq elsewhere.
Do you complain about not been able to play this game on your cell phone 2?

Go fuck yourself retard. I asked a question, if you dont have an answer gtfo.
Flapdr0l1337
Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2012-03-02 11:35
Did you try manually installing directx?

maybe try a bunch of different graphics drivers.
PMKevinRudd_eliM
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-02 11:44 , edited 2012-03-02 11:51 by PMKevinRudd_eliM
Flapdr0l1337 said:
Did you try manually installing directx?

maybe try a bunch of different graphics drivers.
I installed a newer version of the ATI drivers and it loads further into the game now. Trying directX now.

EDIT: Game confirmed working as of now! Re-installed dx ATI drivers and its working well :D

Infact I picked up an extra 10fps by changing to W8
Kreddy_Frueger
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-03-02 12:05
GypsieOwner said:
Flapdr0l1337 said:
Did you try manually installing directx?

maybe try a bunch of different graphics drivers.
I installed a newer version of the ATI drivers and it loads further into the game now. Trying directX now.

EDIT: Game confirmed working as of now! Re-installed dx ATI drivers and its working well :D

Infact I picked up an extra 10fps by changing to W8

Good for you,

I have been a Windows tester since the release of Vista and all the buzz about not beeing a complete system bla bla bla from all the posters above is so tiresome to read. WE KNOW THAT.

Some of us are curious and want to explore the new things that is released, we do know that there will be some problems along the way. the best way to solve those problem is to test the system, if no one test it, it will take a lot longer to fix potentially bugs.

Those of you who has comments about W8, have you tried it ?!?!!? If so then you may have your saying if you like it or not.
A time of religion and war, Legends tell the tale of a lion. This beast in the shape of a man, With a dream to rule sea and land. Legends have taught battles fought ,This lion has no fear at heart Lion come forth come from the north.
PMKevinRudd_eliM
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-02 12:07
Unrealpat said:
GypsieOwner said:
Flapdr0l1337 said:
Did you try manually installing directx?

maybe try a bunch of different graphics drivers.
I installed a newer version of the ATI drivers and it loads further into the game now. Trying directX now.

EDIT: Game confirmed working as of now! Re-installed dx ATI drivers and its working well :D

Infact I picked up an extra 10fps by changing to W8
Good for you,

I have been a Windows tester since the release of Vista and all the buzz about not beeing a complete system bla bla bla from all the posters above is so tiresome to read. WE KNOW THAT.

Some of us are curious and want to explore the new things that is released, we do know that there will be some problems along the way. the best way to solve those problem is to test the system, if no one test it, it will take a lot longer to fix potentially bugs.

Those of you who has comments about W8, have you tried it ?!?!!? If so then you may have your saying if you like it or not.
Someone who understands me <3 ily
Couch_Ornament
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-04 19:59 , edited 2012-03-04 20:04 by Couch_Ornament
I am having issues as well. I get about 5 mins into playing and it crashes. Kind of like it did on Windows 7 when the game was first released. LOL. Tried reinstalling all drivers, direct X and running in compatibility modes, but no luck. If someone comes up with a work around it would be nice to hear.

Trolls in this thread are funny. It is a Full OS, nothing is locked or disabled. It just has bugs and may have some incomplete code. But it fully works as an operating system for my hardware.. For the babies crying that it is a tablet OS. Try it and see just how wrong you are. Aside from a new start menu (in the Metro style) your good old Windows desktop is still there, so is everything else. The OS just uses resources much more efficiently than Windows 7. I am seeing 15fps more in BF3 (and this is installed over Windows 7 with all my bloatware still there) than I was on W7 for the 5 or so minutes it runs for me. Once you get past the Metro Start Menu and figure out where all your favourite things are, it is a much better OS even in its Alpha stages. I cannot wait for the full commercial release. LOL freaking kids that know no better than what is currently in front of them. Without Alpha testers like myself and the OP you kids would rage even more at the commercial release... could you imagine if BF3 didn't have its Beta or closed Beta tests... ROFL... it would have been even more of a mess than it was on release. Oh and every single other game I own, works fine.. just BF3 is having issues.
zIbaby
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2012-03-04 20:11
I have windows 8 and 7 Installed on my main rig, dual booting, BF3 worked perfectly fine for me on Windows 8
oBLACKIECHANoo
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-03-04 20:12
Couch_Ornament said:
I am having issues as well. I get about 5 mins into playing and it crashes. Kind of like it did on Windows 7 when the game was first released. LOL. Tried reinstalling all drivers, direct X and running in compatibility modes, but no luck. If someone comes up with a work around it would be nice to hear.

Trolls in this thread are funny. It is a Full OS, nothing is locked or disabled. It just has bugs and may have some incomplete code. But it fully works as an operating system for my hardware.. For the babies crying that it is a tablet OS. Try it and see just how wrong you are. Aside from a new start menu (in the Metro style) your good old Windows desktop is still there, so is everything else. The OS just uses resources much more efficiently than Windows 7. I am seeing 15fps more in BF3 (and this is installed over Windows 7 with all my bloatware still there) than I was on W7 for the 5 or so minutes it runs for me. Once you get past the Metro Start Menu and figure out where all your favourite things are, it is a much better OS even in its Alpha stages. I cannot wait for the full commercial release. LOL freaking kids that know no better than what is currently in front of them. Without Alpha testers like myself and the OP you kids would rage even more at the commercial release... could you imagine if BF3 didn't have its Beta or closed Beta tests... ROFL... it would have been even more of a mess than it was on release. Oh and every single other game I own, works fine.. just BF3 is having issues.

Also, you can disable the metro start menu if you want to, so it's pretty much the exact same was Windows 7, but with better features, like the clean install without deleting all your own files, or being able to mount .iso's without 3rd party software. A few months after release Windows 8 will be far better than Windows 7.
Couch_Ornament
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-04 20:15
z__I said:
I have windows 8 and 7 Installed on my main rig, dual booting, BF3 worked perfectly fine for me on Windows 8

What are your PC specs?
1Lister-of-Smeg
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-03-04 20:28
GypsieOwner said:
Flapdr0l1337 said:
Did you try manually installing directx?

maybe try a bunch of different graphics drivers.
I installed a newer version of the ATI drivers and it loads further into the game now. Trying directX now.

EDIT: Game confirmed working as of now! Re-installed dx ATI drivers and its working well :D

Infact I picked up an extra 10fps by changing to W8

So it was user error afterall. Some of the kids on here who complains and kick up a fuss it's always the games fault, take note!
Intel i5 2500K @ 4Ghz, Asus P8P67 Evo, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3, Sapphire ATI Radeon R9 280X Toxic OC, 650W BeQuiet Gold, Thermaltake Armor, Win 7 64Bit HP, XL2411T 24" 144Hz Gaming Monitor
Couch_Ornament
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-04 20:34
GypsieOwner said:
Unrealpat said:
GypsieOwner said:
Flapdr0l1337 said:
Did you try manually installing directx?

maybe try a bunch of different graphics drivers.
I installed a newer version of the ATI drivers and it loads further into the game now. Trying directX now.

EDIT: Game confirmed working as of now! Re-installed dx ATI drivers and its working well :D

Infact I picked up an extra 10fps by changing to W8
Good for you,

I have been a Windows tester since the release of Vista and all the buzz about not beeing a complete system bla bla bla from all the posters above is so tiresome to read. WE KNOW THAT.

Some of us are curious and want to explore the new things that is released, we do know that there will be some problems along the way. the best way to solve those problem is to test the system, if no one test it, it will take a lot longer to fix potentially bugs.

Those of you who has comments about W8, have you tried it ?!?!!? If so then you may have your saying if you like it or not.
Someone who understands me &lt;3 ily

Which ATI driver are you using? I am using the Windows 8 Consumer Preview one. It works for all my other games. But I want some BF3.
zIbaby
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2012-03-04 21:21
Couch_Ornament said:
z__I said:
I have windows 8 and 7 Installed on my main rig, dual booting, BF3 worked perfectly fine for me on Windows 8
What are your PC specs?


Processor: Intel i5 2500k
Video Card: EVGA 560Ti
Memory: Corsair Vengance LP 8GB
System HDDS/SSDS: 3x OCZ Agility 3 RAID 0 + DATA HDDS
PSU: Corsair AX750
Piefaceclown
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-04 21:24
Can you not run it in WIndows 7 compatibility mode?
PC Master Race
Couch_Ornament
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-04 21:35
z__I said:
Couch_Ornament said:
z__I said:
I have windows 8 and 7 Installed on my main rig, dual booting, BF3 worked perfectly fine for me on Windows 8
What are your PC specs?
Processor: Intel i5 2500k
Video Card: EVGA 560Ti
Memory: Corsair Vengance LP 8GB
System HDDS/SSDS: 3x OCZ Agility 3 RAID 0 + DATA HDDS
PSU: Corsair AX750

Hmmm similar to mine, except the video card. I am wondering if it is the new AMD Radeon drivers that are the issue right now.


Piefaceclown: I have tried, both Vista and Windows 7 compatibility. I even tried XP SP3 on the insistence of someone else in another forum. Nothing is working. I can load the first level of the campaign and play until Operation Swordbreaker loads.. then I crash.. and it crash immediately when trying to play online. I am going to try disabling crossfire and see If that helps.
camping_beauty
IL Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-03-04 21:38 , edited 2012-03-04 21:41 by camping_beauty
It works, just needs a little convincing.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489635003473/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
Couch_Ornament
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-04 21:43 , edited 2012-03-04 21:47 by Couch_Ornament
trimstring said:
It works, just needs a little convincing.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489635003473/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

I just got it going without Crossfire running. But of course who wants that. I will give this a try and see it if helps.Thanks :D
iNemo
CZ Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-03-04 21:47
Loading... ▓
TayTayTheKiller
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-03-04 21:49
plays fine on win 8 for me..
dunno why peeps bitch about win 8 the desktop is fine just like win 7 but seems more faster.