Server T.O.S. Rules

casperWyoming
US Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2012-04-09 09:00 , edited 2012-04-09 09:02 by casperWyoming
Here is the link - https://help.ea.com/article/bf3-rules-of-conduct [help.ea.com]
BF3 Rules of Conduct
Print

Tag:
Terms of Service

Updated: 3/8/2012
Players are expected to abide by the EA Online Terms and Conditions while playing on ranked Battlefield 3 servers. You agreed to the EA Online Terms and Conditions when you established your EA Account.

The purpose of these Rules of Conduct is to illustrate how the EA Online Terms and Conditions apply when you play on ranked Battlefield 3 servers. Multiple or critical violations of the Terms and Conditions may result in the loss of online play or stat/award reset. Violation may also result in the termination of your EA Account and the loss of anything associated with it (such as points, tokens or in-game items).

The following are examples of conduct that is not permitted by the EA Online Terms and Conditions:

You are not permitted to use offensive soldier names or clan tags. Also, you may not actively encourage other players to violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions while in-game.
You may not organize any Clans or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
You may not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any data streams or transmissions to or from EA services, or use any application or software while using the Battlefield 3 services which are not approved by EA.
You may not exploit any bug or abuse any game system (such as the scoring or award systems) in an EA product or service. You may not intentionally use or share any bug found within any Battlefield 3 games, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of EA's games or services.
Examples of abuse include, but are not limited to:
Playing on restricted kit servers (knife, shock, and pistol only)
Taking turns killing, reviving, receiving ammo, etc.
Abusing world geometry to your advantage without risk
Exploiting vehicle damage to repair indefinitely
Creating a play environment which, by definition or action, creates an inflated scoring scenario

Ranked Server Administrators:
If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield 3 server (referred to below as a "Server Administrator"), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.
Server Administrators are in violation of the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions include:

Running knife / pistol-only servers
Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) or enforcing a "pistol only" or "knife only" server rule

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behavior or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor or limited restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used, but do not create or promote an environment that would allow abuse of the scoring/award system. Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:

Disallowing repeated main base camping/attacking of bases that cannot be captured.
Limiting the use of mortars to a particular region of the map.

Server Administrators will also violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they (i) use offensive server names, server art or clan tags; or (ii) encourage other players to violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions while in game.
thejamman123
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-04-09 09:01
i did not read that

stop making these threads
EA_Sutii:- "thejamman123 - Your presentation includes profanity, and your signature violates the TOS as well on the grounds of vulgarity. "
ManInTheWall
SE Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2012-04-09 09:02
ToS is bullshit

_________________________________________________________________________________

ManInTheWall is best pony
casperWyoming
2012-04-09 09:10 , edited 2012-04-09 09:11 by casperWyoming
thejamman123 said:
i did not read that

stop making these threads? This is the only one I ever made about TOS rules. And I only made it because of all the crying and nonsense people keep shooting out of their butts on the subject of knife only servers. It is not hard to find these rules so you can abide by them,
I think you should be allowed to make a knife only server because it sounds fun.

@Maninthewall,
I dont think the people making them are doing it to boost stats but hey rules are rules and they are clear as day on this topic so dont get mad if you got your knife only server reported. What do you expect when your a PONY?
TheSchwartzJesuz
DK Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-04-09 09:12
Your server wont get removed if it's a Knife Only server anyway, so who cares?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Forumfield 3 <3
Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/SchwartzJesuz
thejamman123
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-04-09 09:13
casperWyoming said:
thejamman123 said:
i did not read that

stop making these threads? This is the only one I ever made about TOS rules. And I only made it because of all the crying and nonsense people keep shooting out of their butts on the subject of knife only servers. It is not hard to find these rules so you can abide by them,
I think you should be allowed to make a knife only server because it sounds fun.

@Maninthewall,
I dont think the people making them are doing it to boost stats but hey rules are rules and they are clear as day on this topic so dont get mad if you got your knife only server reported. What do you expect when your a PONY?

well i have seen more before. i never said it was not fun although i have never joined one of these servers
EA_Sutii:- "thejamman123 - Your presentation includes profanity, and your signature violates the TOS as well on the grounds of vulgarity. "
casperWyoming
2012-04-09 09:26
thejamman123 said:
casperWyoming said:
thejamman123 said:
i did not read that

@Maninthewall,
well i have seen more before. i never said it was not fun although i have never joined one of these servers

Im just swimming through all the BS on the forums here. About 99% of all the people here all complain about every little trivial thing on battlefield then they cry the most about everything cool that is battlefield as well. When you check their stats you see its clear why they cry so much and its because the are clueless on most bf3 subjects and they just plain get their butts kicked at bf3 when they play.
If you dont like knife only servers then dont join and if your a snitch then go ahead and snitch. It does not matter and this arguement is retatrded. If people want to boost stats hard enought they will find a way, and calling knife only servers boosting is understandable but it has got to be the lamest and slowest way to boost. Like I said before the knife only servers are made for fun, not to boost, but I do understand why they made it against the rules for admins to kick/ban everyone just because you want to play a knife only match. Do it unranked and EA/DICE is cool with it. But you most likely wont be able to fill your server.
Who cares really? Getting dog tags the normal way is the most fun anyways.
EmJKay
US Enlisted: 2012-03-11
2012-04-09 09:31
casperWyoming said:
Here is the link - https://help.ea.com/article/bf3-rules-of-conduct [help.ea.com]
BF3 Rules of Conduct
Print

Tag:
Terms of Service

Updated: 3/8/2012
Players are expected to abide by the EA Online Terms and Conditions while playing on ranked Battlefield 3 servers. You agreed to the EA Online Terms and Conditions when you established your EA Account.

The purpose of these Rules of Conduct is to illustrate how the EA Online Terms and Conditions apply when you play on ranked Battlefield 3 servers. Multiple or critical violations of the Terms and Conditions may result in the loss of online play or stat/award reset. Violation may also result in the termination of your EA Account and the loss of anything associated with it (such as points, tokens or in-game items).

The following are examples of conduct that is not permitted by the EA Online Terms and Conditions:

You are not permitted to use offensive soldier names or clan tags. Also, you may not actively encourage other players to violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions while in-game.
You may not organize any Clans or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
You may not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any data streams or transmissions to or from EA services, or use any application or software while using the Battlefield 3 services which are not approved by EA.
You may not exploit any bug or abuse any game system (such as the scoring or award systems) in an EA product or service. You may not intentionally use or share any bug found within any Battlefield 3 games, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of EA's games or services.
Taking turns killing, reviving, receiving ammo, etc.
Abusing world geometry to your advantage without risk
Exploiting vehicle damage to repair indefinitely
Creating a play environment which, by definition or action, creates an inflated scoring scenario

Ranked Server Administrators:
If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield 3 server (referred to below as a &quot;Server Administrator&quot;), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.
Server Administrators are in violation of the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions include:

Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) or enforcing a &quot;pistol only&quot; or &quot;knife only&quot; server rule

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behavior or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor or limited restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used, but do not create or promote an environment that would allow abuse of the scoring/award system. Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:

Disallowing repeated main base camping/attacking of bases that cannot be captured.
Limiting the use of mortars to a particular region of the map.

Server Administrators will also violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they (i) use offensive server names, server art or clan tags; or (ii) encourage other players to violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions while in game.
Flash bangs?
TheSharpSpoonful
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-04-09 09:35
Repost:

SeniorPrankster said:
SharpSoonful said:
Off-topic: why do women have to have a picture of themselves or other women as their avatar?
UNWARRANTED SELF-IMPORTANCE or GIRL ON THE INTERNET SYNDROME.

On-topic: If you payed for a server, you should have the right to make whatever rules you want. It's not like any of us are being forced to play private servers and there is a way to scrub them from you server search inquiries. We all agreed to the TOS for the game, which strictly states not to curse online and on the forums, but it is not enfaced unless it becomes a major issue, and that is more than less likely how the servers will be handled.
First off, it's paid, not payed.

You CLEARLY have not read the EA rules. Allow me to enlighten you.
https://help.ea.com/article/bf3-rules-of-conduct [help.ea.com]

BF3 RULES OF CONDUCT:

If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield 3 server (referred to below as a &amp;amp;quot;Server Administrator&amp;amp;quot;), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.

And as true as that may be in writing, you and I both know what EA says and does may be on the opposite ends of the spectrum. So rule-thumping and telling me that I'm basically unable to read a simple and over-copied TOS makes you sound rather naive and immature to how online gaming and the internet actually works.

This is not a discussion on how the rules actually are written, but what our opinions are of them and what they should be. Perhaps you should reread not only the OP but my post you replied to. I thought the italisized "should" would have been enough of a clue.

P.S. Prankster, apparently you didn't read the TOS throughly either , because it allows for some restrictions, as stated here: "

The Gay-ass EA server Admin TOS says:
Server Administrators are in violation of the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server.

SEVERELY LIMIT. In other words you could have a few rules of your own, perhaps if you want to do clan battles or simple games with friends, or even if it is an open, private server. So long as it wasn't "prohibitive", or "severely limiting", which on it's own is not precisely quantitive enough to specify what is and what is not "severely limiting".

LAWYER'd.
I've got a pocket full of fucks, and I'm not giving you one.
ManInTheWall
SE Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2012-04-09 09:37
casperWyoming said:
thejamman123 said:
i did not read that

@Maninthewall,
You're. And ponies controls this forum

_________________________________________________________________________________

ManInTheWall is best pony
ManualReplica
SE Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2012-04-09 09:38
The TOS contradicts itself.
SeniorPrankster
US Enlisted: 2012-01-17
2012-04-09 09:42
SharpSoonful said:
Repost:

SeniorPrankster said:
SharpSoonful said:
Off-topic: why do women have to have a picture of themselves or other women as their avatar?

On-topic: If you payed for a server, you should have the right to make whatever rules you want. It's not like any of us are being forced to play private servers and there is a way to scrub them from you server search inquiries. We all agreed to the TOS for the game, which strictly states not to curse online and on the forums, but it is not enfaced unless it becomes a major issue, and that is more than less likely how the servers will be handled.

BF3 RULES OF CONDUCT:

If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield 3 server (referred to below as a &amp;amp;amp;quot;Server Administrator&amp;amp;amp;quot;), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.

And as true as that may be in writing, you and I both know what EA says and does may be on the opposite ends of the spectrum. So rule-thumping and telling me that I'm basically unable to read a simple and over-copied TOS makes you sound rather naive and immature to how online gaming and the internet actually works.

This is not a discussion on how the rules actually are written, but what our opinions are of them and what they should be. Perhaps you should reread not only the OP but my post you replied to. I thought the italisized &quot;should&quot; would have been enough of a clue.

P.S. Prankster, apparently you didn't read the TOS throughly either , because it allows for some restrictions, as stated here: &quot;

Server Administrators are in violation of the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server.

SEVERELY LIMIT. In other words you could have a few rules of your own, perhaps if you want to do clan battles or simple games with friends, or even if it is an open, private server. So long as it wasn't &quot;prohibitive&quot;, or &quot;severely limiting&quot;, which on it's own is not precisely quantitive enough to specify what is and what is not &quot;severely limiting&quot;.

LAWYER'd.

You'd make a terrible lawyer. You can't even take the T.O.S. literally.
LanceyHK
AU Enlisted: 2011-11-27
2012-04-09 09:44
Hey! It's casperWyoming!
TheSharpSpoonful
2012-04-09 09:47
SeniorPrankster said:
SharpSoonful said:
Repost:

SeniorPrankster said:
SharpSoonful said:

BF3 RULES OF CONDUCT:

If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield 3 server (referred to below as a &amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;Server Administrator&amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.

This is not a discussion on how the rules actually are written, but what our opinions are of them and what they should be. Perhaps you should reread not only the OP but my post you replied to. I thought the italisized &amp;quot;should&amp;quot; would have been enough of a clue.

P.S. Prankster, apparently you didn't read the TOS throughly either , because it allows for some restrictions, as stated here: &amp;quot;

SEVERELY LIMIT. In other words you could have a few rules of your own, perhaps if you want to do clan battles or simple games with friends, or even if it is an open, private server. So long as it wasn't &amp;quot;prohibitive&amp;quot;, or &amp;quot;severely limiting&amp;quot;, which on it's own is not precisely quantitive enough to specify what is and what is not &amp;quot;severely limiting&amp;quot;.

LAWYER'd.
You'd make a terrible lawyer. You can't even take the T.O.S. literally.

You must love EA a whole lot. The TOS is arbitrary, and overdone, and too limiting. The SOCOM series did private servers for free, made them 100% customizable, and did't have fuck-tarded rules regarding their use.
PR_Sky_Ruler
PR Enlisted: 2011-12-12
(such as flash bangs or C4)

Since when BF3 uses flasbangs?
EmJKay
US Enlisted: 2012-03-11
SharpSoonful said:
Repost:

SeniorPrankster said:
SharpSoonful said:

BF3 RULES OF CONDUCT:

If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield 3 server (referred to below as a &amp;amp;amp;quot;Server Administrator&amp;amp;amp;quot;), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.

This is not a discussion on how the rules actually are written, but what our opinions are of them and what they should be. Perhaps you should reread not only the OP but my post you replied to. I thought the italisized &quot;should&quot; would have been enough of a clue.

P.S. Prankster, apparently you didn't read the TOS throughly either , because it allows for some restrictions, as stated here: &quot;

SEVERELY LIMIT. In other words you could have a few rules of your own, perhaps if you want to do clan battles or simple games with friends, or even if it is an open, private server. So long as it wasn't &quot;prohibitive&quot;, or &quot;severely limiting&quot;, which on it's own is not precisely quantitive enough to specify what is and what is not &quot;severely limiting&quot;.

LAWYER'd.
Prohibit. Not allowed. Knife only. No guns. No explosives. No vehicles. Why is this hard for you?
TheSharpSpoonful
2012-04-09 09:52
Because people get pissed off way too easily. You faggles are way too sensitive. hehe.
dAcHrOnIc
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-04-09 10:02
Okay, so here's a TOS thread regarding server admins.

Can somebody explain to me why this TOS was not presented to me to click "OK" to when I purchased either of my rented servers?
No link was provided when I rented my servers and there was no advice or warning regarding having to follow any TOS.

When I signed up for PSN I had a prompt that I had to accept regarding Sony's TOS and without accepting it I could not continue to create my account. Since my account has been active I have had to agree no less than 4 different times to "updated" TOS terms in order to continue using my account. This is fine by me, they came to me and basically said "look, here's the rules we expect you to follow" and I agree to the aforementioned rules without problem.

Why do I have to research and travel to an entirely different website basically unrelated to the game I'm playing to discover TOS that I'm apparently bound by?
ToOGoodOfAPlayer
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-04-09 10:11
dAcHrOnIc said:
Okay, so here's a TOS thread regarding server admins.

Can somebody explain to me why this TOS was not presented to me to click &quot;OK&quot; to when I purchased either of my rented servers?
No link was provided when I rented my servers and there was no advice or warning regarding having to follow any TOS.

When I signed up for PSN I had a prompt that I had to accept regarding Sony's TOS and without accepting it I could not continue to create my account. Since my account has been active I have had to agree no less than 4 different times to &quot;updated&quot; TOS terms in order to continue using my account. This is fine by me, they came to me and basically said &quot;look, here's the rules we expect you to follow&quot; and I agree to the aforementioned rules without problem.

Why do I have to research and travel to an entirely different website basically unrelated to the game I'm playing to discover TOS that I'm apparently bound by?

You already agreed to it when you began playing initially.
twitchn
2012-04-09 10:14 , edited 2012-04-09 10:17 by twitchn
thats why i stopped drinking hard liqour, i kept waking up with TOS all over.
apparently chicks don;t like TOs or VD
Too soon?