Game Not Launching

crash7800
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-05-25 00:37
If your game is not launching please help us in gathering more information about your problem. Try the following.

If these steps do not work proceed to "SENDING LOGS". If these steps do work reply to the thread noting which step resolved your problem.

IF THESE STEPS DO NOT RESOLVE YOUR ISSUE PLEASE DO NOT REPLY NOTING AS MUCH - THIS WILL NOT EXPEDITE THE RESOLUTION OF THIS ISSUE.

*** Are you forcing admin permissions on either Origin.exe or the game itself?
- Right click on the desktop icon or application icon for Battlefield 3 and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Are you running the game in a compatibility mode?
- Are you forcing the game to run as Administrator?
- Try enabling/disabling and see if this makes a difference.

- Right click on the desktop icon or application icon for Origin and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Are you running the game in a compatibility mode?
- Are you forcing Origin to run as Administrator?
- Try enabling/disabling and see if this makes a difference.

***If you see the Battlefield 3 icon in your start menu when trying to launch please click it - this may launch the game

***Try disabling the "Origin In Game" feature found in the Origin client under the gear/options icon. Does this resolve your issue?

------------------------
SENDING LOGS - IF ABOVE STEPS DO NOT WORK
------------------------
DO NOT POST THIS INFORMATION INTO THIS THREAD

***Please submit the following non-personally identifiable information to us for further analysis and quicker resolution

+++ Origin Log

To find the Client_Log go to the directory: C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs

Attach this file to your email

+++ List of tasks from your Tasklist.

Bring up your Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+ESC). Click the Processes tab and sort by Image Name and make sure we can see the entire name of the .exe.

Attach screenshots of your task list to your email. If it takes two screenshots to see the entire list that's fine.

+++ Answer the following questions:

* Please include the user name and email address that you are logging into Origin with.
* Do you have Cloud Saves enabled in Origin (Gear icon > Settings > General tab)?
* Can you launch any other games from Origin (if you have any other Origin game?)
* Can you launch the game from outside of Origin? For example: Run Origin, minimize it, launch BF3 or ME3 from your desktop icon/Windows Start menu icon. Does that work?
* This may take a while but you try right clicking on the game icon in Origin and do a Repair Install?
* What Anti-Virus software or Internet Security suites are you running?

DO NOT POST THIS INFORMATION INTO THIS THREAD - EMAIL YOUR RESULTS/ANSWERS TO originlogs@ea.com
StinKyRaTz
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-05-25 00:49
Here is how I fixed mine. If you cannot launch BF3 from Origin go offline with Origin, then use your web browser to go directly to Battlelog @ http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/gate/ [battlelog.battlefield.com] Sign in.

Try to join a multi-player server. If you get the message "game running in the background must be closed" or something like that, then do this:

use ctrl+alt+delete and start the task manager. click on the process tab then find bf3.exe. Click once to highlight bf3.exe and then click the button at the bottom right "end process". Now, go back to battlelog and join a multiplayer server. Works! End the game, the go back to your Origin launcher and everything should be fine. You can of course launch BF3 without going to Origin, but either way, your game should now work properly.

Not sure what caused the problem, but it seems that the bf3.exe is running in the background since the update, and it needs to be ended.
DamarRanggaPutra
Enlisted: 2012-03-16
2012-05-25 00:55 , edited 2012-05-25 00:56 by DamarRanggaPutra
not working :(.
Big_Forte
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-05-25 04:28
I'll post my findings here. I've been playing good until very recently. Game refused to load. I have Windows 7, optimal settings and latest video card drivers.

I do have Xfire though.

When I closed Xfire (and after running a compatibility troubleshooter by windows) It finally worked.

I don't know if Xfire was the root cause, but I'm able to get in a game again finally.
the1andonlywolf
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-05-25 07:17
Always Try this 1st, so you know its not a process or a game running in the background thats prevent BF3 from launching!

http://forum.battlelog.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8 [forum.battlelog.org]

Also after a Update its a good thing to delete your BF3 folder in in My Documents or Documents.(make a copy 1st)

If Still no luck you could try the BF3 Community Support!

You can find us here!

http://forum.battlelog.org/index.php [forum.battlelog.org]

Best Support There is!
http://answers.ea.com Miracles we do right away, the impossible may take some time!!
GadgetCheck
IN Enlisted: 2012-02-27
2012-05-25 07:19
I have been trying and trying the Game dosent even lunch the Campain :(

Hpe you guys fix it soon
TheKr4Ken07
Enlisted: 2011-11-15
2012-05-25 10:58
I think it may be related to the computer maybe? cause my friend can play BF3 on his Pc whereas mine always crashes...:(
Minastion
NL Enlisted: 2011-12-02
2012-05-25 11:30
FX-57-UGON-DI said:
Here is how I fixed mine. If you cannot launch BF3 from Origin go offline with Origin, then use your web browser to go directly to Battlelog @ http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/gate/ [battlelog.battlefield.com] Sign in.

Try to join a multi-player server. If you get the message "game running in the background must be closed" or something like that, then do this:

use ctrl+alt+delete and start the task manager. click on the process tab then find bf3.exe. Click once to highlight bf3.exe and then click the button at the bottom right "end process". Now, go back to battlelog and join a multiplayer server. Works! End the game, the go back to your Origin launcher and everything should be fine. You can of course launch BF3 without going to Origin, but either way, your game should now work properly.

Not sure what caused the problem, but it seems that the bf3.exe is running in the background since the update, and it needs to be ended.

Indeed this works. Sometimes i do not get the message "game running in background". To force this i try to join multiplayer game, after a minute i choose "close game" and immediately join another game. That will often provide the error "game running background". Then i use the taskmanager step. It's not a def. solution because the problem keeps coming back when starting up pc again the next day.
WARtane
DE Enlisted: 2012-05-15
2012-05-25 12:57 , edited 2012-05-25 13:17 by WARtane
found fix delete the battlefield 3 folder from my documents
EDIT: NO IT IS NOT WORKINg
sint3x
EE Enlisted: 2012-05-04
2012-05-25 13:51
danidaniel1 said:
found fix delete the battlefield 3 folder from my documents
EDIT: NO IT IS NOT WORKINg
You are my hero its working!!!!!!!
TorSeinen
TH Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-05-25 15:26
The1AndOnlyWOLF said:
delete your BF3 folder in in My Documents or Documents.(make a copy 1st)


it working thank
http://imageshack.us/a/img833/8317/ujlq.jpg
Skilpadjie
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-05-25 15:36
I gave origin Shortcut Administrator and bf3.exe file same rights. Its now launching from origin. Goed to battlelog. But still keeps telling me Joining server forever.

Deleted Bf3 process tree in task manager. Then tried and open game.

At least im a bit closer. As origin now launches battlelog again.
Exolius
GB Enlisted: 2012-02-09
2012-05-25 17:18
Big_Forte said:
I'll post my findings here. I've been playing good until very recently. Game refused to load. I have Windows 7, optimal settings and latest video card drivers.

I do have Xfire though.

When I closed Xfire (and after running a compatibility troubleshooter by windows) It finally worked.

I don't know if Xfire was the root cause, but I'm able to get in a game again finally.

After reading your post, I decided to try closing MSI Afterburner, the game is working perfectly now. I think it might be overlays like the Xfire and MSI ones that are causing the game to not start.
xEndlessx
US Enlisted: 2011-11-23
2012-05-25 19:32
i have the Same Problem except i tryed uninstalling it because i thought that was the problem and now the Installer wont even show up.
DorkNRok_XI
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-05-25 19:48
Thank you for finally looking in to this...information sent!
This is not my premium forum signature
FunkySwan
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-05-25 22:28 , edited 2012-05-25 22:36 by FunkySwan
Hi there Mr EA, remember when we gave you our money for this game???

How about you let us play the product we payed for and stop asking us to help you fix your mess!!!

Roll back the Origin patch that has caused this problem.

A disgruntled customer!!!
Divide_et_lmpera
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-05-25 22:34
i hope that somebody can help me with this error, i get after the update,:game running in the background needs to be closed. but i dont have a game running in the background?
Paulyb86
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-05-26 00:45
This post has been hidden by the Battlelog administrators.
Zaibun
US Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2012-05-26 01:04
This post has been hidden by the Battlelog administrators.
juser2599
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-05-26 04:03
Ran as Administrator and that seemed to solve the problem for me.