Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

BF3 Limited edition, regular DLC and premium

MCRoadk1ll
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2012-06-30 06:38
Ok, Here is the thing that bothers me.
I own BF3 Limited edition that came with back to karkand, now they release a Premium edition DLC that also includes back to karkand aswell. So if i buy the premium edition i pay to much money, there should be a discount if you own B2K.

So if i buy the regular DLC cases and in the end i still pay too much money, because every single DLC release costs you about 15 euro's and in the end totals 60 euro's.

But the biggest problem is, you have every DLC, you have Limited edition, but you don't have the fancy premium stuff.

In the end they make double money on B2K reselling it again in Premium or make money when you buy the single DLC's and leave you with less, even though you payed more for the game. Most of BF3 players either bought the Limited edition or bought the single DLC. With the comming of Premium you basicly threw away 15 bucks for the earlier B2K DLC.

Sorry, but somethings wrong here....
TheDiaperButtKid
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-06-30 06:41
Close Quarters was a waste of money. They will lower the price by the time the next DLC is out. Buy it then.
VileStrife
Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-06-30 06:42
give them your money so they can have BC3 out before the last DLC is out and no one will be playing this game anymore! HAHA!
SgtThC
US Enlisted: 2011-11-18
2012-06-30 06:47
MCRoadk1ll said:
Ok, Here is the thing that bothers me.
I own BF3 Limited edition that came with back to karkand, now they release a Premium edition DLC that also includes back to karkand aswell. So if i buy the premium edition i pay to much money, there should be a discount if you own B2K.

So if i buy the regular DLC cases and in the end i still pay too much money, because every single DLC release costs you about 15 euro's and in the end totals 60 euro's.

But the biggest problem is, you have every DLC, you have Limited edition, but you don't have the fancy premium stuff.

In the end they make double money on B2K reselling it again in Premium or make money when you buy the single DLC's and leave you with less, even though you payed more for the game. Most of BF3 players either bought the Limited edition or bought the single DLC. With the comming of Premium you basicly threw away 15 bucks for the earlier B2K DLC.

Sorry, but somethings wrong here....

Nope, B2K is free content if you buy premium. If you already own it, then you still save 10 dollars if you buy premium unless you aren't going to be getting all the DLC. Either way you save money. I see that you bought CQ though so buying premium would be a waste now, yeah. If you are buying all DLC then you will be spending more money.

I can't stress this enough. They aren't charging anything for B2K, it is free bonus content. There is more upcoming bonus content that is yet to be announced. What you are BUYING when you pay for premium is CQ, Armored Kill, Aftermath and End Game DLC. Do the math, that is 15$ each, 15x4-= 60, Premium = 50. Not including FREE BONUS B2K you save 10 dollars. If you bought a regular version of BF3 and didn't buy B2K then you save another 15$. That equals 25$ you save. So either way you look at it, premium is not a bad deal IF you plan on buying CQ and the other 3.
)︻气デ═一 The only good bronie is a dead bronie )︻气デ═一
MCRoadk1ll
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2012-06-30 06:58
Yeah, but like i said. most people either paid more money buying the BF3 limited edition or bought the B2K DLC, so you spend money on that and later on they give it away for free, that kinda hurts. True you were able to play B2K, so you had money worth.

Either way, i'm boned spent to much money...ah well people do stupid stuff :P
But when i continue and buy the single DLC's i'm going to pay a lot more and don't have any shiny stuff to show for :( .....
Grrizz
NZ Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-06-30 07:31
BF3 LE was the same price as normal BF3 it was just LE for preordering so you get B2K free with LE and free with premium, only people who get the shaft are those who bought B2K seperatly and even then you still get a good deal with premium and I'm pretty sure the number of people who bought B2K seperatly are very small.

In saying that they could atleast do what steam does and give you doubled up content as a gift so if you can find someone without B2k you can give it to them.
RedM was here
eX-getcarter4joe
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-06-30 07:34
Grrizz said:
BF3 LE was the same price as normal BF3

Not in the UK matey. It cost £10 more.

DISCLAIMER: The above topic/post in no way implies disagreement with the new rules or with EA/DICE.