Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

Underpowered Guns

SilentForce9
ZA Enlisted: 2011-12-29
2012-06-30 20:49
FAMAS needs to buff the reload time, I understand the reasoning for the lonnnnnnnnnng reload, but seriously, by the time i reload the guy i killed could have respawned, run across the map and killed me. . .
Popesly
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-06-30 20:51
LSAT is like a good Type-88, they need to make the type 88 stand out as it's own gun
SHHHH QUIET SLEEP
OscarPerezLijo
ES Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-06-30 20:51
The stupidity on this thread is medium-high. Kinda good for being battelog.

OnTopic:

PP-19 damage buff, 7-11 hit kill? Fuck off.
MP5k deals less damage than intended...
AK-74M is suposed to be easier to handle than M16 but it has more recoil than the M16
SG553 needs a small recoil buff
AS VAL recoils far too much in a three round burst, recoil buff would be needed after all the nerfinng it has gotten.

For any other people that post here, instead of using your (probably bias) `personal experience take a look at symthic.com for weapons' statistics and judge there.
Sadly amognst most of nowadays' gamers common sense isn't common. Keep that in mind.
DiamondPhoenix
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-06-30 22:03
Awezomesauce said:
DiamondPhoenix said:
PP-19 is the only one I can think of. That thing shoots BBs for all I know.
ooooh boy are you wrong.

it shoots pistol rounds, because of it's high cap magazine, but it's a very accurate gun with an extremely high rate of fire and hipfire is amazing with it. It's a well-rounded gun. I don't wanna see any changes to it.

I hear the T88 and LSAT are lacking, the ACW-R is a nice gun but i think if they leave it with 27 rounds it needs a damage buff or a 31 round magazine with same damage as an m4.

But in all honesty, I think all guns (except shotguns) should get a 5 points of damage increase to level the playing field with shotgun abusers. Make it quicker to kill someone with a shotgun to even out against their ability to one hit kill. This damage increase COULD exclude sniper rifles, if needed. Or to level out the rate of fire issue, make all guns with a rate of fire slower than 800 RPM do 5 more points of max damage, maybe 2 more points of minimum damage.

I already know it shoots the 9mm, but in game, I feel as if it shoots BB pellets because it can't compete with some PDWs in my opinion. I always do better with the MP7 and the P90, and I even do better with the UMP45. Even with a laser sight I just DON'T feel that the PP-19 is ever a decent threat. I haven't even seen ANYONE kill me with it yet, probably because no one really uses it anymore, except for a couple people here and there.
~{+}~ Current Goal: hit lvl 75+ before the end of the year ~{+}~
Yuhuli
US Enlisted: 2012-03-14
2012-06-30 22:06
Scar-H. type 88 lmg, famas, SVD, and stinger/igla.
I feed my mudkip oran berries.
DiamondPhoenix
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-06-30 22:09
Yuhuli said:

I agree that the stinger/igla needs a buff. I personally think a range buff would be best, but that's all. The SCAR-H on the other hand...to me it doesn't need a buff. The accuracy is AMAZING, and the damage can wipe someone out in just a couple shots. I use a heavy barrel and a bipod to deal with the recoil, then I fire single shots at people long range. Even with the low ROF, you can kill someone in close range fairly easily.
~{+}~ Current Goal: hit lvl 75+ before the end of the year ~{+}~
Yuhuli
US Enlisted: 2012-03-14
2012-06-30 23:26
DiamondPhoenix said:
Yuhuli said:
I agree that the stinger/igla needs a buff. I personally think a range buff would be best, but that's all. The SCAR-H on the other hand...to me it doesn't need a buff. The accuracy is AMAZING, and the damage can wipe someone out in just a couple shots. I use a heavy barrel and a bipod to deal with the recoil, then I fire single shots at people long range. Even with the low ROF, you can kill someone in close range fairly easily.

I would rather an aks74u over the scar-H for long range shots tbh. The thing that makes it bad for long range is it's very slow bullet velocity and high recoil, and if you want to use a heavy barrel on it to increase it's bullet velocity than it just increases its recoil even more. At close range, it takes 4 shots to kill just like any other carbine or ordinary assault rifle. Not to mention it only has twenty rounds and a fairly slow reload time. This gun also has very difficult to control recoil unless you put on a bipod, which really isn't my sort of play-style. The only thing appealing about this gun is that it it will kill somebody in 5 shots minimum, but that's talking long range and the recoil on this thing is a bit much for that far away.
I feed my mudkip oran berries.
MajiN-RincX
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-07-01 00:07
Light machine guns need a small damage buff, assault rifle damage isnt right for these weapons.
Have good ends, good highs, good lows, no out lights!
Centeu5
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-05-05 17:12 , edited 2013-05-05 17:13 by Centeu5
all bolt-actions

edit: oh my god, graveyard post xD
D3AD-Skin-Mask
US Enlisted: 2011-12-27
2013-05-05 18:04
Overall i say the game just needs fixing. Get rid of the stupid ROF determines who wins a gun fight and make it about accuracy and where a player is shot. Headshots should be instant deaths, i should be the one that dies because you sprayed me with m16 fire after i shot you twice in the head with a pistol...that's bullshit. Furthermore, getting shot in the foot and dying is bullshit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dZIutRz9hw
0-THUNDERCAT-0
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-05-06 10:23
Centeu5 said:
first thing they should is to increase max dmg of bolt action on <50m. Its ridiciolus when you hit someone with a bolt-action rifle from 5feet into upper chest and he doesn't die.

Thats cos your play noob mode 3d spoting light up like a xmas tree tanks repair by them selfs u heal on ur own so u dont need a medic
no ff so you can just spray your shit into your team and not have to worry about team kill
1 sniper on normal mode can spot every1 on the map so u all got lights on your head
Mynx1911
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-05-06 10:55
Buckshot ammo needs slight buff in range (especially for 870).
L85A2 slight dmg buff
UMP45 with silencer should have same damage as without (the same for .45 ACP Pistols)
Classic AK 74M slight dmg buff
Small Steps Corrupt! - "Papers are totally OP! Scissors are well balanced..." said the Rock.
oppenheimer81
DE Enlisted: 2012-02-18
2013-05-06 12:37
KH2002
Sucks compared to the almighty Abakan.
Could at least use a reload buff.