"Repair Install"

Mayatuck37
Enlisted: 2012-07-09
2012-09-04 23:55
Ya I did that already. Why can't this game "just work". Now I can't join any server. Thanks morons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh5SNU2_H3s&feature=share&list=PLBA4D5DAF6EB4E8EB
Categoryf5
Enlisted: 2012-02-12
2012-09-04 23:58 , edited 2012-09-05 00:00 by Categoryf5
Yea that repair install was a son of a gun...never seen a patch that came broked with a message saying it's broked and you gotta repair it. So rediculous....I sat there for like 5 mins closing re-opening, log off log on...then saw the message and was like "WTF really? o_O" I mean...it took the same time to patch as it did to fix the broken patch -_-...
Sollitdude
Enlisted: 2012-02-27
2012-09-05 00:00
you can also try a fresh install instead of a repair. repair almost never works, try a fresh install.
"Sure, the boys in EA's team can make it hack-proof. But that don't mean we ain't gonna hack it." - Pablo Navarro."
Rod_LanceShaft
Enlisted: 2011-12-05
2012-09-05 00:01 , edited 2012-09-05 00:02 by Rod_LanceShaft
Pseudo-Quasi-Apologies for the Rage-Post, but come on guys really? Game can't just work?. It's a hell of a console port.
Good chirst.

wait "sorry" for the rage post? No. god. rip off.
TrollStomp
US Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-09-05 00:01
Make sure there are no more updates listed in your 'Game Manager' such as plugins to be installed.
juggss6
US Enlisted: 2012-01-21
2012-09-05 00:03 , edited 2012-09-05 00:03 by juggss6
Sollitdude said:
you can also try a fresh install instead of a repair. repair almost never works, try a fresh install.

Really? We shouldn't have to reinstall every fucking time these cunts release a patch.
Mad stacks yo.
CaduceusOG
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-09-05 00:03
This is what I got from EA after 22 min hold which I expected and dont mind holding. I wish I would have copied and pasted last patch help I got from a dude that bam new exactly what I needed to do.

My problem is every patch is tells me my OS Sysyem is Not supported please update to newer version. I have WIN 7 Ultimate 32 bit. But truly my OS system is not the problem. I had it installed at Best Buy I wish I would have went 64 bit but whats done is done but still my OS is not the problem lol

Maybe this will help some of you but Im being told to uninstall and reinstall and make a new admin account on my com which I run everything as admin?

Chandan:
Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Chandan how may I help you?
you:
Good evening sory to bother you
you:
I am trying to update BF3 and Origin PC english version
you:
and I have updated, installed and repaired 6 times and it tells me I need to update my opertaing system. I have Windows 7 32 bit Ultimate. This happens each time a patch comes out and you guys end up helping me but I dont know what to do?
Chandan:
Hi, Robert. I understand your concern. I will do my best to help you.
Chandan:
Would you mind, if I place your chat on hold for couple of minutes to look into the issue?
you:
So essentially it downloads or repairs all the way and then says u need to update to a newer operating system? And I have over 600 hours played so it isnt my operating system
you:
yes please I will wait
Chandan:
Thank you.
you:
np
Chandan:
Thanks for being on hold.
you:
sure
Chandan:
I would advise that you try installing the game using a new admin account on your operating system. For this you would have to first uninstall your game, which you can do by following the instructions mentioned at the below given link: - https://help.ea.com/article/How-to-manually-uninstall-Battlefield-3 [help.ea.com] Once you have uninstalled your game completely, create a new admin account for your operating system by following the steps mentioned at the below given link: - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Create-a-user-account [windows.microsoft.com] Once done, restart your PC and login using the new Admin account then install your game. Try playing the game and let us know if the issue still persist.
you:
really? Seems like last patch EA advisor had me go to BF3 folder and remove something I wish I new how. Unistalling and reinstalling will take forever and I already am the Admin!
Chandan:
Okay, the please try to follow the steps to resolve your problem:
Chandan:
Chandan:
Delete .dlf.
Chandan:
Reboot your machine.
Chandan:
Launch Origin.
Chandan:
Try to launch BF3.
you:
a game?
you:
Origin is launched and I am in Battlelog
Chandan:
Sorry, I am not getting you.
you:
Okay well Origin is Launched and I am logged into battlelog
Chandan:
Its great.
Chandan:
Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
you:
But games wont launch becuase it wont update
you:
and like I said it keeps telling me I need a newer OS system newer I have a good OS stsyem I have played 600 hours
Chandan:
Then please try to login in the Origin and right click over the game to select the repair install option to repair the game.
you:
ok I am doing this but I have done this 3+ times today, I know you have many people to help but I need help to so please bare with me please
Chandan:
Thank you.
you:
yes it says you need to update to a newer operating system
you:
but again this is not the problem lol I dont understand why it says this
you:
it says OPERATING SYSTEM UNSUPPORTED
Chandan:
Then you please try to uninstall and re-install the game.
you:
O my
you:
really?
you:
the entire game?
Chandan:
Yes, please.
you:
o man ok but that is hours
you:
of downloading but if you say so
Chandan:
Thank you.
Chandan:
you:
is there a number u can give me for reference so if I need help again?
Chandan:
Yes, your case ID is.
Chandan:
you:
thx have a good day
Chandan is typing...
SpammyDavisJr
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-09-05 00:04
Mayatuck37 said:
Ya I did that already. Why can't this game "just work". Now I can't join any server. Thanks morons.

Computer restart?
SmashCLS
BR Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-09-05 00:08
Same thing here. 7,6gb download to REPAIR THE INSTALLATION after the 2.2gb patch. Very nice patch!
soccertony2
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-09-05 00:08
It wouldn't make sense to download a patch of this magnitude and not have to re-install...chill out...
Thanks for the patch.
quaggmire79
Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-09-05 00:12
oh yes makes perfect sense having to download 8 gig after downloading 2+ gig for the patch....

You must work for EA Soccertony.....
CaduceusOG
2012-09-05 00:23
Why should we have to uninstall the entire game which was working "perfectly" fine last night to update whatever size this new patch is?

And in my case telling me with every patch that my Operating System is not supported? Huh? Ive got 500 hours logged on this game with Win 7 32 bit Ultimate I know it is not my OS and I know there is a quicker and better way to get past this bs because the last patch a guy copied and pasted a step by step fix and I was playing in 30 mins or whatever it took to install the last patch.

I was the dummy that either didn't save it or forgot where I did save it lol.

But still "COME ON MAN" you really think that no prob just uninstall and re-install the whole game?

I gotta give you another "COME ON MAN"
Sollitdude
2012-09-05 00:26 , edited 2012-09-05 00:27 by Sollitdude
u cry babies wanna play the game, you can keep crying all day on this forum, but i know you guys are weak and that you will repair or reinstall the game to play it.

go on, prove to me you cry babies got the balls to say, i quit this game because its terrible.
SHOW ME YOU GOT THE BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHOW ME YOU ARE A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the last draw! from here and no futher! a patch thats messing up your game rather than fixing it, what the hell is that?
tell me, please do, you will quit this game!!!!!!!!!
"Sure, the boys in EA's team can make it hack-proof. But that don't mean we ain't gonna hack it." - Pablo Navarro."
Categoryf5
Enlisted: 2012-02-12
2012-09-05 00:29
Sollitdude said:
u cry babies wanna play the game, you can keep crying all day on this forum, but i know you guys are weak and that you will repair or reinstall the game to play it.

go on, prove to me you cry babies got the balls to say, i quit this game because its terrible.
SHOW ME YOU GOT THE BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHOW ME YOU ARE A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well until you mentioned it my weak cry baby mind hadn't actually thought of quitting but since you mentioned it...ZOMG I QUIT!!!! (insert Angry German esque screaming) BLAAAAAAAAAARGH!
guncandy
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-09-05 00:30
I was seriously considering buying the latest expansion packs before this update. Its far less likely I will ever buy any EA title again now.
Sollitdude
2012-09-05 00:31 , edited 2012-09-05 00:34 by Sollitdude
anyway, i repaired the game and it works fine now. why should your situation be any different? you must have done something wrong.

EDIT
i did notice something odd tho, it downloaded the repaired files with 50MB/sec, it did 16 gig within 4 minutes. normally my connection aint going higher than just 5mb. what the hell?
SmashCLS
BR Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-09-05 00:41 , edited 2012-09-05 00:41 by SmashCLS
The game verifies your 16gb install at the speed of your HD/SSD. My validation was made in 150mb/s since I have a SSD. AFTER that the game wants to install another 7,6gb.

We are complaining because we paid US$ 50 for the game and another US$ 50 for the premium and the game won't even work as it should. If you don't like your money that's ok, but I also pay another US$ 20 per month to help server costs since EA won't allow users to create their own servers but to use "VERIFIED SERVERS", so I have to pay to own the game, pay for it's expansions, pay to have servers and I can't even UPDATE the godamn thing, and all we get is a "NOBODY CARES".

Now I've closed Origin, renamed the bf3 folder, opened Origin again and tried to download everything again. Then I've cancelled the download, renamed again the BF3 folder and the game is applying a new 268mb update. Let's see if that works. 268mb is much better than 7,6gb.

If on Steam things work without these kind of issues one can only say that this origin + battlelog system is, sorry for the portuguese, uma merda.
quaggmire79
Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-09-05 00:43
yes mine did that, completed in about 2 minutes, but then just went into downloading 8 gig in a repair install, cannot find a way around it??
kokop159
2012-09-05 00:45
Wow, that's too bad. I did the "repair install" and the game works fine now.
CaduceusOG
2012-09-05 00:53
I just repaired install around 17k mb went all the way again 100% and says in a new pop up box OPERATING SYSTEM UNSUPPORTED please use a "Newer" operating system

I have Win 7 32 Bit Ultimate have played fine until now.

Driving me nuts on why Origin is saying my OS is not supported when I have 500 hrs logged? Blows my mind. This computer came with Vista I took it to Best Buy and had Win 7 put on? Every Patch update it does this. Even if they didn't delete all of Vista wasn't Vista a supported OS for this as well?

Not trying to be a cry baby dude and who said anything about wanting to quit? Obviously we don't want to quit because we are putting so much effort into repairing and trying to install.

COME ON MAN!! Its Football season by the way! GO LIONS