Xbow

IceTea19530726
Enlisted: 2012-08-11
2012-11-28 20:09
Hey guys, I make this topic to share tips and tricks with the Xbow, to help each other handle this awesome new weapon. So if u have any ideas, write them down :)
.:Aero:.
T-kiosken
Enlisted: 2012-04-08
2012-11-28 20:58
Well I wounder if I have to get the xbow whit scope, so that I can use the different arows? Is that so?

thanks/ T-
AlexChinaLu92
DK Enlisted: 2012-04-27
2012-11-28 21:11
You can use all the different bolt types on both xbows. You need to complete the Sticks and Stones assignment to get the normal xbow, which is equipped with the normal bolt by default. Then you can complete the other assignments in any order. I got the sniper bolt first I believe, then the scan bolt, then the c4 bolt.

The c4 bolt isn't that devastating, and it has a massive bulletdrop, so it isn't as great as it seems. The normal bolt is very good up close, but that's it, and you have to try and hit the upper torso for a 1 hit kill. I haven't tried the sniper bolt yet, but my mate says that it's amazing.

I'm working on getting the 150 m headshot with a carbine now, and i can recommend using the Scar-H with bipod and 6x scope and using single shot mode. I used the G3a3 with the exact same setup and got the headshot fairly quickly.

Hope this helps! :)
tomo29
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2012-11-28 21:17
Its to slow and u can't see we're its hitting and needs a faster reload
SnAveooz_
IE Enlisted: 2011-11-18
2012-11-28 21:24
tomo29 said:
Its to slow and u can't see we're its hitting and needs a faster reload

stop bitching your the kind of people that fuck up patches so stfu and run alond noob
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala
T-kiosken
Enlisted: 2012-04-08
2012-11-28 21:29 , edited 2012-11-28 21:38 by T-kiosken
Thanks Alex. I have the bow and I like it, but it´s a litel hard to learn=).. I have the C4 bolt, but do I need to unlook something more to use it? if not, how do i switch bolt?

Sorry for my english :/ hope you can read it.

/ T-
AlexChinaLu92
DK Enlisted: 2012-04-27
2012-11-28 21:44
No problem bro. Yeah, there's a learning curve to the bow. You'll get used to it. I'm still learning how to use and time the different bolts. Once you complete the assignment for the c4 bolt, you should be able to use it instantly; no other unlocks necessary. Keep practicing with it and you'll be a beast with it! :)

And to everyone else, the reload is just how it should be, considering it's a one hit kill weapon. The xbow itself is far from overpowered, so can everybody please stop whining and complaining? Seriously, it's perfect. So shut up and enjoy the game. :)
JL2181
IE Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2012-11-29 12:15
I have completed the HE Bolt assignment yet I cannot equip the bolt. How exactly do you customize this weapon? In my soldier/customize the xbow is selected instead of rocket launchers or claymores/C4 or tugs etc. I can only pick xbow not xbow with different bolts. If I click the xbow to customise it, similar to a primary weapon, I cant. I want to use these other bolts. Can anyone tell me? I feel pretty stupid for having to ask this kind of thing but it may be Dices fault (hopefully). Thanks
Goth667
AT Enlisted: 2011-12-17
2012-11-29 12:22
AlexChinaLu92 said:
I'm working on getting the 150 m headshot with a carbine now, and i can recommend using the Scar-H with bipod and 6x scope and using single shot mode. I used the G3a3 with the exact same setup and got the headshot fairly quickly.

Ehm...it's a Total of 150m so how about you do 15 10m headshots instead?
d0cw1ls0n
GB Enlisted: 2012-01-02
2012-11-29 12:27
John_Lynch said:
I have completed the HE Bolt assignment yet I cannot equip the bolt. How exactly do you customize this weapon? In my soldier/customize the xbow is selected instead of rocket launchers or claymores/C4 or tugs etc. I can only pick xbow not xbow with different bolts. If I click the xbow to customise it, similar to a primary weapon, I cant. I want to use these other bolts. Can anyone tell me? I feel pretty stupid for having to ask this kind of thing but it may be Dices fault (hopefully). Thanks

press down on the D-pad as if you were switching from auto fire to single shot on a primary weapon...... you cycle through the four bolt options (don't do it too slow though as you'll have to watch the animation for each bolt getting loaded)
thepostmodernist
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-11-29 12:28
John_Lynch said:
To change ammo types equip the bow and press down on the d-pad
FatBadAssBob
US Enlisted: 2012-01-16
2012-11-29 14:29
d0cw1ls0n said:
John_Lynch said:
press down on the D-pad as if you were switching from auto fire to single shot on a primary weapon...... you cycle through the four bolt options (don't do it too slow though as you'll have to watch the animation for each bolt getting loaded)

Thank you for this question and answer.. exactly why I came to the forums today...
Chaos_TLW
BR Enlisted: 2011-12-26
2012-11-29 14:33
IMO it is pretty useless. Any other gadget in any other class is more useful than it.
Hail Santa
TACT-gallay
NO Enlisted: 2012-09-02
2012-11-29 15:36
Support + xbow = unlimited fun :D
KodiakBlak
Enlisted: 2012-07-16
2012-11-29 16:01
that was the information I was looking for. thanks if you want to, i am pretty good when working with a good squad. my gamertag for PS3 is Fatlynn if you want to add me
1andOnlyMaverick
US Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2012-11-29 16:11
to equip the different bolts press the down button on your D-Pad.
A military exercise is carried out over the Bandar Desert. The paratroopers have jumped out of the C-130. Suddenly, a soldier yells to his Squad Leader: Soldier: "Sir! My parachute doesn't open!" Officer: "Don't worry soldier! This is just an exercise"
IceTea19530726
2012-11-30 17:55
If u get the BA bolt, use it instead of the standard one, both aimed and hipfire will be more accurate, and the crosshair is a bit tighter for me :)

C4 bolt: not that good, ise it if u can't aim, of against choppers...

Scan: not done yet, i need 1 more designation assist :/
shiznet23
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-11-30 18:28
Out of all of the bolts, the scan bolt is the most useless one. It does minimal damage and acts like a spot....so just spot. Skip over it and use the HE against armor...if you're close enough to use it. Remember that it has some massive drop on it and you need to be pretty close to use it.

I havent seen too much different between the standard and the BA bolt, but I havent used the BA bolt that much.
IceTea19530726
2012-11-30 20:33
BA bolt hardly drops at all, but HE's drop is brutal... but I made a whole house explode XD 3 enemy supports wanted to troll one of my squad members by collapsing the house on his head... he gave me a word, stayed calm, while the they put down the C4, and then I took a shot... I have never seen an explosion like that XD

SCAN bolt is a piece of sh...eep (If u know what I mean :D). It's only good in close quarters to see if there is any enemies in the room, or smaller houses

I don't see any other way to get the scoped version than using one of your friends, and u allow them to shoot u in the head... kind of cheating, I know, but 150m headshot is not my everyday program :D

Tipp: Use BA bolt for long distances, but if u have it, don't even want to change back to the standard one, the BA bolt makes more damage in close range than the standard.

Tipp2: Use HE bolt on smaller vehicles, like little birds. They have less armor and they'll explode from 1 shot (with some luck). Tank armor needs 3-4 bolts, which is not a short time in reloading, and it leaves you exposed to the enemy.

Tipp3: Go back to original BF3 maps, and make the non-Premium users blind from anger. They won't understand, what this XBOW is, and they won't be able to defend themselves. Use this anger to get them make bad decisions (rushing, sprinting, not realizing enemies, hunting for u) to get these different bolts. It worked so far :)
BalotriX
GB Enlisted: 2012-04-06
2012-12-01 11:21
a tip for the balanced bolt, it doesn't have have bullet drop up to 70 meters and after that the drop off is really small. Also, you need an above the neck shot in close quarters as it only does 80 damage on the chest, but from any range it's a one hit kill on the head