Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

Tank and IFV tactic help?

chetzi
RU Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-02-24 19:21
Hi. I'm a long time BF2 tank driver, and not so long time BF3 tank driver.
I have a problem though in understanding of a certain thing: why is IFV can kill me (tank) faster, than i can even disable him.

I mean, i have not problem taking enemy tanks, due to many yrs of bf2 experience, i have pretty good aim, and in 70% chance, i kill the enemy tank by maneuvering and hiding behind obstacles. I even can pretty easy destroy enemy helis and jets.

BUT, when it comes to IFV, i am geting raped even with reactive armor: i spot him, i shoot him 2 times, he may!!! get disabled if doesn't have reactive armor, but i have an advantage, right? And then he returns the fire, 1 second...tank disabled, can't move, can't maneuver...2 seconds - i'm dead.

So how can it be possible, that an fast, lightly armed Anti-Infantry vehicle, face to face, can destroy a slow, heavy tank beast 2 times faster than a tank can destroy it.

Currently, when i play on Gulf of Oman, when i see that an IFV spotted me, I being in a tank(sic!), run like OH SHIT SHIT, release the iv smoke and on extra speed driving behind the cover. The only way to get them, is to flank them, which i do, however their advantage in speed makes it very hard to do so.

Can anyone suggest me some tactics how to stay alive in tank vs IFV?
FancyFanb0y
CH Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-02-24 19:26 , edited 2013-02-24 19:27 by FancyFanb0y
see them first
spot them
shoot
deploy smoke before they realise where you are (and can spot you)
drive back
shoot trough smoke
Smiert
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-02-24 19:27
IFV shells pass right through reactive armor

nothing you can do about it
GO GO GADGET BANHAMMER
chetzi
RU Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-02-24 19:36 , edited 2013-02-24 19:37 by chetzi
@Loovoo, Smiert
Thanks, bro's!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348388445448/1/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
Yea, i think i found out what weapon they use, it is called APFSDS-T Shell.
Seems that this is one of DICE balancing consequences.

If i was 10 yrs, i would probably switch to IFV and rape the fuck out if tanks ^^ , but <3 is for tanks, forever, gonna keep tryin' :) I thought I just was getting too old for this...