F-35 is a failure

CrypticConfusion
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-03-25 23:22
In January, the Lockheed Martin production facility in Fort Worth, Texas, reported it was well along "in the final phase of building the wings" of the 100th F-35 constructed by the Bethesda, Maryland, company. Of the first 99 F-35s, none are yet operational.

The F-35 isn't even close to fully operational - it can fly only on sunny days. It can't fly at night. And it can't fly in clouds or near lightning. We know this because the Pentagon tells us so, in a report written for the Secretary of Defense by the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation, J. Michael Gilmore, dated February 15, 2013.

The video posted below, is expert aviators and designers who say express their opinion on why the F-35 JSF is a failure.
Be aware this is a 45 minute video for those who actually watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pteMgYPm1xM [youtube.com]
ATF_Deso-Desu
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-03-25 23:23 , edited 2013-03-25 23:23 by ATF_Deso-Desu
OP is a failure

F-35 works perfectly in Battlefield games. It MUST be operational IRL
Tuturu!            (>ᵔ_ ゚)▄︻̷̿┻̿═━}                      ⤜(×̯×)⇾
BillehBobJoe
US Enlisted: 2012-02-18
2013-03-25 23:24
Desolatemm said:
OP is a failure

F-35 works perfectly in Battlefield games. It MUST be operational IRL

what? it works perfectly as a free kill!
Blah..
ArmoredRansacker
US Enlisted: 2012-06-08
2013-03-25 23:24
You really think the Pentagon is going to tell us the truth?
Never forget EA_Kennedy, Impacttrooper, and asplashofcitrus1?
Xzidia
NO Enlisted: 2012-12-25
2013-03-25 23:25
So it was all a scheme? to make a super expensive war planes and nobody gave a fu__ (lockheed martin, senators etc) as long as they got rich.
2x Gainward GTX Titan;;Intel i7-3930K;;Intel High Performance Liquid Cooling;;Cooler Master Silent ProGold 1000w;;Gigabyte G1.Assassin2;;OCZ SSD A3 240GB;;WD VelociRaptor 300GB;;Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB;;BENQ 24" LCD;;Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower;;
ReverendSpecialK
US Enlisted: 2013-03-13
They just started testing op.
Kreskysaurusrex
GL Enlisted: 2011-10-25
Works fine in ArmA. ArmA is a military simulator, so it must be real.
Nothing amazing ever happens here.
CrypticConfusion
2013-03-25 23:31
ArmoredRansacker said:

It doesnt matter if they do or not, when you have experts say the f-35 is a failure at what its trying to do.

Robert Widmer the man who designed the F-16 said it be useless if it tried dog fighting, and is basically only good for air to ground operations.
PaperBoyx703
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-03-25 23:35
So DICE got it right.

Cheers.
Ookami > Nekos
ReverendSpecialK
US Enlisted: 2013-03-13
2013-03-25 23:36
Reaper130c said:
ArmoredRansacker said:
It doesnt matter if they do or not, when you have experts say the f-35 is a failure at what its trying to do.

Robert Widmer the man who designed the F-16 said it be useless if it tried dog fighting, and is basically only good for air to ground operations.

That's what it was designed to do air to ground and air to air only if extremely nessacary
Gun_Cemetery
US Enlisted: 2012-04-09
2013-03-25 23:36 , edited 2013-03-25 23:38 by Gun_Cemetery
Reaper130c said:
In January, the Lockheed Martin production facility in Fort Worth, Texas, reported it was well along "in the final phase of building the wings" of the 100th F-35 constructed by the Bethesda, Maryland, company. Of the first 99 F-35s, none are yet operational.

The F-35 isn't even close to fully operational - it can fly only on sunny days. It can't fly at night. And it can't fly in clouds or near lightning. We know this because the Pentagon tells us so, in a report written for the Secretary of Defense by the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation, J. Michael Gilmore, dated February 15, 2013.

The video posted below, is expert aviators and designers who say express their opinion on why the F-35 JSF is a failure.

We should just build F-22's. They work godly except for the asphyxiation problem, which they supposedly fixed. Also, I don't think the F-35 is a bad plane, I just think they're restricting it way too much (we're making a "All sizes fit one" plane, which isn't how it works) Now, if they had actually done it right, it might be worth the price tag...

...But it has a galvanizing issue due to its stealth coating, the G-Forces it can deliver to the pilot are deadly (we're reaching the limits of human flight), it has only one engine, it costs a lot, the non-US version will not have the stealth technology the US ones will have (the stealth technology is secret for a good reason)... I could go on.

However, keep in mind that we don't know how well it will perform-- there are way too many variables for a computer to keep up with. Realistically, I think the F-35 will make any modern plane look like garbage, and more than likely provide a challenge for the PAK-FA. Again, numbers in a computer don't proven anything-- you need empirical data.
When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.
IllusiveMan4Pres
CA Enlisted: 2011-11-06
2013-03-25 23:37
Kreskysaurusrex said:
Works fine in ArmA. ArmA is a military simulator, so it must be real.
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name. Let none survive.
CrypticConfusion
2013-03-25 23:45
Gun_Cemetery said:
Reaper130c said:

We should just build F-22's. They work godly except for the asphyxiation problem, which they supposedly fixed. Also, I don't think the F-35 is a bad plane, I just think they're restricting it way too much (we're making a "All sizes fit one" plane, which isn't how it works) Now, if they had actually done it right, it might be worth the price tag...

...But it has a galvanizing issue due to its stealth coating, the G-Forces it can deliver to the pilot are deadly (we're reaching the limits of human flight), it has only one engine, it costs a lot, the non-US version will not have the stealth technology the US ones will have (the stealth technology is secret for a good reason)... I could go on.

However, keep in mind that we don't know how well it will perform-- there are way too many variables for a computer to keep up with. Realistically, I think the F-35 will make any modern plane look like garbage, and more than likely provide a challenge for the PAK-FA. Again, numbers in a computer don't proven anything-- you need empirical data.

I agree with just about everything you said except it out preforming all modern planes. The F-22 makes the F-35 look like the red headed stepchild and the SU-27/25 still are marginally better. THe PAK-FA looks like they just copied the YF-23.
Gun_Cemetery
US Enlisted: 2012-04-09
2013-03-25 23:53 , edited 2013-03-25 23:56 by Gun_Cemetery
Reaper130c said:
Gun_Cemetery said:
Reaper130c said:

I agree with just about everything you said except it out preforming all modern planes. The F-22 makes the F-35 look like the red headed stepchild and the SU-27/25 still are marginally better. THe PAK-FA looks like they just copied the YF-23.

The PAK-FA is bad-ass looking, but I doubt it'll do what the Russians said it will. I agree with the F-22 bit (it's just not needed currently. What we need is to design bombers and ground-support planes-- not an all in one.) and I'd like to argue against that SU-27/25 bit. The SU-35? An upgraded version can actually put up a fight with an F-35. A 27/25? Maybe if you give them 10+...

Realistically though, we don't know how stealth technology will effect top contenders in the race. US stealth technology isn't just a spray paint that instantly nullifies any form of lock-on, but it isn't a waste of money by any chance. Hell, we've seen what the F-117 and B-2 can do... (only one stealth fighter was ever shot down, and that's because it was the perfect storm. You can do the research on what it was flying in. Included: rain, no support, behind enemy lines, list goes on...)
When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.
BadM3diC1n3
Enlisted: 2011-12-16
2013-03-27 01:38
Lockheed Martin are a bunch of clowns, f'ing congress morons playing favorites and won't give contracts to a company such as Boeing that actually gets sh*t done.
HardGeisha
CA Enlisted: 2012-04-06
2013-03-27 01:40
Canada pulled out. Here's hoping Canada will get Flankers instead, but that'll never happen.

But it's not Lockheed Martin's fault that they got picked over Boeing and Northrop in the F-22 and F-35 programs.

The defense industry is a political game. It doesn't matter which plane is the "best."
LittleWoona
CA Enlisted: 2012-03-28
2013-03-27 02:13
I thought you were talking about the BF3 F35

cause it's a failure imo
Yes, I like a show with colourful marshmallow ponies. Deal with it.
cdomenici
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-03-27 02:22
hover jets cap flags irl
Koukotsu
CX Enlisted: 2012-03-26
2013-03-27 02:34 , edited 2013-03-27 02:35 by Koukotsu
The damn things are probably made in China anyway, lol.
Nate3548305
US Enlisted: 2012-09-02
2013-04-07 00:55
PriMeEx_Reaper said:

You have no idea what you are talking about.
1) The F-35 is still in testing and will be until 2016/2017, so obviously they aren't going to be operational. The USAF and USMC have started training pilots and squadrons with them.
2) The F-35 can fly at night. You can go on Lockheed Martin's YouTube page and find a video of it. They just uploaded one of the F-35 vertically landing at night a few days ago.
3) These "experts" consist of the inventor of the F-16 and A-10 that the F-35 is going to be replacing and he isn't very happy about it. All pilots that have flown the plane have been interviewed have said it is phenomenal and great to fly.