Not going to fall victim of a 'Recycled' BF3!

SiLvABuLLetZ
Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2013-03-26 03:17 , edited 2013-03-27 23:20 by SiLvABuLLetZ
DICE, EA, I have been an avid, dedicated fan of EA Games for over a decade.

I have the fear that BF4 will be like BF3 in the sense that the core gameplay remains unchanged.(I haven't seen any gameplay footage, but this is my assumption based on an educated guess regarding the lack of variety witnessed in footage released thus far. BF3 is fun, but BF2 was better specifically because there was commander mode (Artillery, UAV, Supplies), 6 man squads, squad leader spawn, VOIP, and no weird flight ceiling (though you did fly super fast once you hit a certain altitude). If BF4 is missing any of these elements that so many in the community have cried for, for years, then I am sorry to say, I will *NOT* be buying BF4. I'm sure the trailers will look sweet. I'm sure the graphics will be amazing; You guys have great developers, marketers, designers, etc - I'm not denying the incredulity of DICE's core team. But what needs to change is the business model. You all received a new CEO, but I fear this occurred too late in the game (no pun intended). All joking aside, I can assure you that I, and many others like me, refuse to fall victim of a recycled version of Battlefield 3 without taking into account the community's repeated requests for key game element enhancements. I, and many others like me, refuse to fall victim of EA's ultra-aggressive profit making model that incorporates questionably useful micro-transactions that divides the community. I, and may others like me, refuse to play a beta-version of a game, well after its official release. I, and many others like me, refuse to shell out unruly amounts of money to have our requests and feedback ignored, internally ridiculed, and even censored in some cases.

EA, DICE, and to whom this may concern, please hear me out and take note. Your profits will suffer (and will continue to suffer), until EA changes gears and focuses on what made them great initially. Principally:

Longer windows given to focus on gameplay quality assurance.
Community feedback received with grace and enhancements/changes implemented based on a voting structure or large sampling method.
Key Functionality included like VOIP (VOIP worked perfectly fine for BF2 more than 7 years ago!)
Breaking the creative barrier instead of rushing out products for more money - A loyal customer is 10 times more valuable than a new customer (this is business etiquette 101!); Many mighty companies have fallen with the approach that EA is currently taking.

The gist of these core principals embrace the customer, instead of the customer's wallet. It would be shameful to see EA fall in the future because of a stronghold on their current strategies and unwillingness to change.

Sincerely,

Your now-delicate fan and all those who represent my views (a big chunk of change),

BuLLetZ

New gameplay video confirms my assumptions:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8HVQXkeU8U [youtube.com]
stormzjeah
RU Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-03-26 03:23
we didnt even see the fking game yet and youre whining
SiLvABuLLetZ
2013-03-26 03:26
stormzjeah said:

Not whining, just warning.
BareIyRegal
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-03-26 03:27
stormzjeah said:
SiLvABuLLetZ
2013-03-26 03:28
UMirinRagin
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-03-26 03:31
stormzjeah said:

.... really, he's right with what is said.....
PWNtrooper
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-03-26 03:35
Hi, this is DICE and also--additionally--EA,

We read your concerns, and only your concerns, because only you are important to us! We have, therefore, stopped production of Battlefield 4 and are now calling it "SiLvABuLLetZ Stupid Name Funhouse" where you can be cool all by yourself!

Thanks!

-DICE and also EA.
JonDecolongon
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-03-26 03:55
Or maybe, people should stop hyping a game up, only to not have it live up to your expectations.....No game is perfect.
carloshj12
MX Enlisted: 2012-04-05
2013-03-26 04:03
JonDecolongon said:
Or maybe, people should stop hyping a game up, only to not have it live up to your expectations.....No game is perfect.

I think you are right. Some times people hype the games too much, and that is bad. Im sure Dice and EA will give us an excellent game, a really secuel of BF3 because Dice know that Battlefield is a very important franquice for them and for us.
lDuka
BR Enlisted: 2012-07-15
2013-03-26 04:03
SiLvABuLLetZ said:
I haven't seen any gameplay footage, but this is my assumption based on an educated guess regarding the incredible speed to which BF4 is being released

Lol wut? 2 years is pretty average for Battlefield.
Thanks Danny for this awesome lovely gravatar.
SiLvABuLLetZ
2013-03-26 04:13
PWNtrooper said:

We read your concerns, and only your concerns, because only you are important to us! We have, therefore, stopped production of Battlefield 4 and are now calling it "SiLvABuLLetZ Stupid Name Funhouse" where you can be cool all by yourself!

Thanks!

-DICE and also EA.

Not suspend BF4. This is not what I'm asking. I'm asking that if BF4 is indeed being rushed for money, they question that approach and contemplate spending more time on design. I'm willing to wait for an A game and not settle for a C game. What are you willing to do?
sgtangry
2013-03-26 04:24
I think this list shows that they have a track record of releasing Battlefield games on a pretty regular basis. This release schedule doesn't really feel all that different for BF3 and BF4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Battlefield_video_games [en.wikipedia.org]
koolaid2420
2013-03-26 04:25
Well said.

However I do know I will buy this one, hoping. If it is rushed shit or refurbished BF3 I will not get another game from DICE/EA.
Dead-Sync
2013-03-26 04:27
SiLvABuLLetZ said:
stormzjeah said:

I wouldnt want the CORE gameplay to change though, thats what makes Battlefield so great. I hear you on the warning, I hope its improved enough since BF3, but lets be honest, with next gen consoles, and the fact that its going to be AT LEAST a 2 year launch gap between 3 and 4, I think we have nothing to worry about, especially knowing we havent seen anything yet
They call me the "Professor of Battlefield" | BF4 Platinum Trophy
Pwnage927
US Enlisted: 2011-12-17
2013-03-26 04:55
Lol those two people at the top of the post that replied to OP, those two are clearly EA fan boys that will eat the sh*t that EA gives them and that that can't tell the difference between whining and an actual concern for the game and the francise itself. I actually agree with OP, thats why I'm not getting BF4 until I'm certain that the game is actually a different game and not a patched up version of BF3.
Eggy995
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-03-26 04:57
lololol..... yes you will we all do >:)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/524028_10200213136743852_558350294_n.jpg
FrontlinerDelta
2013-03-26 05:39
SiLvABuLLetZ said:
PWNtrooper said:

Thanks!

-DICE and also EA.
Not suspend BF4. This is not what I'm asking. I'm asking that if BF4 is indeed being rushed for money, they question that approach and contemplate spending more time on design. I'm willing to wait for an A game and not settle for a C game. What are you willing to do?

I think I agree with you for the most part. If you compare BF3 to BC2 or BF2 or BF2 to 1942, there are significant gameplay advances made. The game is different because significant changes were made. If this new BF looks and plays like BF3 but with new content, then it's just BF 3.5. If major gameplay modes are restructured or new mechanics put in place then all will be well.

But I too am wary of a BF 3.5.
Letanas
US Enlisted: 2012-02-05
2013-03-26 05:47
Step 1: Wait til the game comes out.
Step 2: Check out reviews; this can come from either large companies, such as IGN, or you can get reviews from Youtubers.
Step 3: See if the game looks like a BF3 clone, or if it looks like they actually improved.
Step 4: Decide if you wish to purchase Battlefield 4 or not.
Step 5: Make your purchase or do not, and purchase a different game instead.
Step 6: Rejoice! The hardship is over. You've finally made your decision.

Likewise, if you're really that pissed, but you still want the game, purchase it after the initial 2 weeks. The first two weeks are two of the most important weeks for the company.
Switching to PC. (: i7-3770K, Gigabyte z77x-UD5H, GTX 770, WD Black 1TB HDD, Samsung 256GB SSD, NZXT Phantom Black Full Tower, Hyper 212 EVO, Rosewill Hive 650w PSU, 16GB DDR3 1600, Windows 8 64-bit, Mionix NAOS 8200 mouse, Logitech G510 keyboard.
SiLvABuLLetZ
2013-03-27 02:50
Dead-Sync said:
SiLvABuLLetZ said:
stormzjeah said:
I wouldnt want the CORE gameplay to change though, thats what makes Battlefield so great. I hear you on the warning, I hope its improved enough since BF3, but lets be honest, with next gen consoles, and the fact that its going to be AT LEAST a 2 year launch gap between 3 and 4, I think we have nothing to worry about, especially knowing we havent seen anything yet

We shall see.
erpiratabestia
IT Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-03-27 02:51
Trailer: http://www.bluranocchio.com/battlefield-4-il-primo-trailer-leaked-rivelato-e-veramente-lui [bluranocchio.com]