Thread is locked.

CTF spawn camping getting out of hand

Corporal_Derpy
GB Enlisted: 2012-02-04
2013-03-29 15:35
SasquatchMedic said:
PandaGrenada said:
If you are defending your flag properly then there shouldnt be people in your spawn.

Hard to do that.

Was defending my flag a lot, no one could seem to get close before my QBZ took their life, but a bunch of stinger people who had died too much to the heli was hiding in the back of the spawn.
PandaGrenada
GB Enlisted: 2012-01-08
2013-03-29 15:38
Corporal_Derpy said:
SasquatchMedic said:
PandaGrenada said:
If you are defending your flag properly then there shouldnt be people in your spawn.
Hard to do that.

Was defending my flag a lot, no one could seem to get close before my QBZ took their life, but a bunch of stinger people who had died too much to the heli was hiding in the back of the spawn.

Take your QBZ and kill them.........really isnt that hard.
dat Panda
High-The-Defiler
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2013-03-29 15:38
Haven't been spawnkilled once in CTF, people are usually busy jerking off in their own base.

I have seriously never seen less people trying to do something in any game mode. 10 people on each team in their own base and the other two are dying over and over because they get no help.
Specs in profile presentation. Check out our gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVEFP4AfPeISOpbM5e8KC6A
Corporal_Derpy
GB Enlisted: 2012-02-04
2013-03-29 15:39
PandaGrenada said:
Corporal_Derpy said:
SasquatchMedic said:
PandaGrenada said:
Hard to do that.

Take your QBZ and kill them.........really isnt that hard.

I did...

Way too easy because they actually tried shooting me with their stingers.
Mr_Casual_Brah
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-03-29 16:04
CTF really shows good players from bad....I love CTF! If you can't keep them out of your base you or your team sucks....or both. RPG >Stingers against lil Birds and waaaaaaay too many people think they're good in lil bird when they should just not even look at the thing. People not realizing that it causes an imbalance why they get in a vehicle they aren't that good in....and FYI if you're reading this odds are you're one of those people. Very few people are really good in vehicles and should just support them on the ground....I know its fun but if you wanna win leave it to somebody who's better than yourself
Agent_Talon
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-03-29 16:04
All I do in CTF is steal the enemy chopper from spawn now. If DICE gives me the ability to get into enemy spawns, I am going to use and abuse that ability all day long.
"fly, fly my little pigeon rocket and get me a Scout Chopper" Enemy_Forces
Nozizaki
Enlisted: 2012-06-24
2013-03-29 16:10
Both teams have the ability, and the majority of the time, both abuse it. And I've won several games of CTF simply because I disrupted the enemy team's spawn.
Check out my Youtube channel, where I do BF4 Commentaries www.youtube.com/user/Nozizaki
Agent_Talon
2013-03-29 16:11
Nozizaki said:
Both teams have the ability, and the majority of the time, both abuse it. And I've won several games of CTF simply because I disrupted the enemy team's spawn.

I have also had a few games where I can basically just ride a bike into the flag and capture it without issue because everyone is trying to spawn camp. Since both teams can do it I really don't see an issue with it.
"fly, fly my little pigeon rocket and get me a Scout Chopper" Enemy_Forces
RedGuard501
IL Enlisted: 2012-02-16
2013-03-29 16:34
Agent_Talon said:
Nozizaki said:
I have also had a few games where I can basically just ride a bike into the flag and capture it without issue because everyone is trying to spawn camp. Since both teams can do it I really don't see an issue with it.

Same, but most of the time the "spawn camping" was ineffectual.
Idiots will be the first to bring up your crappy stats, before acknowledging a good point. I have established that my stats are crap. Its just dust in the wind and wouldn't think of it any more, than if they were better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oymK60EmzyU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSr6eCfL_Ag
C4tSnipah
2013-03-29 16:39
Rychard1984 said:
P4INTR4IN99 said:
GuP_Erwin said:
SlashedBigsd said:
I haven't experienced that much spawn camping to be honest.

But when it has happened, we get on top of it pronto and keep them out!
Emphasis on "we". It's not always that easy, especially when you're alone and have to deal with usually up to 5 guys in the back of your spawn, likely in your vehicles, whilst your team is just zerg rushing the enemy flag constantly.
With a suppressed weapon like the AS-VAL by myself I can kill up to 6 players plus before they get wise and hunt me down.Yes I am a part of the problem so I can see why people are frustrated with it.
I found out last night that you cant c4 the helicopter while in the CTF "spawn" anymore. Well you can blow it up, but the occupants get kicked out. I miss BF2BC2, where I could just c4 their heli all round long and never got bitches crying about it.

Wait for it to take off.
PizzaRAwesome
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-03-29 17:43
too many spawn campers and they can just chill there and kill everyone of us that spawns and steal / blow up our vehicles
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com/ it's epic
HippoZoned
US Enlisted: 2011-12-29
2013-03-29 19:15
The whole mode is made for camping..
http://www.youtube.com/user/HippoZoned
X_Shadow_Viper_X
2013-03-29 20:04
Don't like getting spawn killed?

Don't let it happen.

Simple as that
rawpoolsharkidid
2013-03-29 20:47
X_Shadow_Viper_X said:

Don't let it happen.

Simple as that
HippoZoned
US Enlisted: 2011-12-29
2013-03-30 12:42 , edited 2013-03-30 12:42 by HippoZoned
X_Shadow_Viper_X said:

Don't let it happen.

Simple as that

this coming from a spawn killing noob? its kinda hard not to let it happen when as soon as you spawn some douche is shooting at you.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HippoZoned
steve_ipina
PA Enlisted: 2011-12-19
2013-03-31 02:05
I've noticed too many mines right on top of the wheels of my team's vehicles, and a couple of jackasses waiting not to steal the flag, but to kill the defenders
SwedeWolfMan
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-03-31 03:27
Can you people say; INFANTRY mode ? ? ?
PennesAlsoDicke
AU Enlisted: 2011-12-24
2013-03-31 03:35
Yesterday, I was playing CTF on Op riverside when a fucking squad comes, take our tank, AA jeep and chopper, and begins molesting us.
And that brings me to another point; WHY DOES THE DETONATION ANIMATION HAVE TO END BEFORE THE C4 EXPLODES?!
I spawned as support, threw three blocks of C4 onto the tank, went to detonate it (It made the beep sound and everything) and and got killed by the tank before the animation showed my hand come off the trigger. And the C4 didn't detonate. I was SO pissed.
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING BACK MY BABY DICE! I MISSED YOU, AN-94.
LuckyQualms
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-03-31 12:39
Yeah it's pretty much a necessary tactic in ctf in any game made ever..Lol at all the 12 year olds these days finally allowed by mummy in to the big bad world of online gaming and all they do is cry about in game mechanics.
Shawn11986
2013-04-01 19:29 , edited 2013-04-01 19:30 by Shawn11986
I agree. What they could've done... is one flag.

One flag. Two Separate Goals, and both goals at opposite corners of maps far from the bases... out in the open. Much like Tank Superiority the two teams fighting over the one control point, less strain on the persistent nerve racking effort to defend and capture. The goals remove the abuse of spawn camping and C4 trapping of vehicles, also reducing the camping of goals... being out in the open, less viable chance of being ambushed by a squad of campers as you go for your goal. The 2 flags, and the goals for capturing the flags being so close to the spawns are handicaps in themselves when faced with manipulative players who don't play clean games.

For those who are campers, you can argue the criteria all you want on camping, the bottom line is it's a cheap tactic and imbalances the equal measure of a clean game.
steve_ipina said:
I've noticed too many mines right on top of the wheels of my team's vehicles, and a couple of jackasses waiting not to steal the flag, but to kill the defenders
~S~

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.