Recon in BF4

b2tchwood
GB Enlisted: 2012-01-16
2013-05-07 16:54
As a recon I am hoping to see and ensure the following implementations:

1) absolutely under no circumstances allow ghillie suits
2) don't even consider putting in a .50 cal
3) need to increase the bullet velocity but maintain the bullet drop, moving targets are difficult to negotiate even for experienced snipers
4) personally I think the damage model needs to be increased ever so slightly - mainly for hit detection issues where I am seen to be hitting the neck of an opponent at point blank but receive no multiplier.
5) remove PDW's from this class (and all others really - they don't belong, there should be a 5th class if anything)
6) c4 for the love of god give it back to recons.
7) sort it out so that you can actually shoot a guy when he's getting revived, if I put someone down I should be able to keep them down just like every other class.
http://www.youtube.com/user/b1tchwood?feature=mhee I recon better than you assault.
Typhoon235
GB Enlisted: 2013-03-21
2013-05-07 16:56
1) no
2) no
3) yes
4) yes
5) definitely no
6) no
7) absolutely yes
If you are in a game with me, expect to be killed by my Steyr Elite.
NuclearEOD
ES Enlisted: 2011-12-14
2013-05-07 16:59
1) Nooo pls add ghillie but make it balanced by just making it a class specific perk or equipment :c.
2) True, a real 50cal would be op for this game.
3) Yes this is right, but I think it should be left the same for the supressed versions of the sniper rifles otherelse they would be to op, but yeah the m40 for example is laughable at 150+ metres, you can see the bullet flying..
4) Nononono just fix the hit detection a bit, the damage is too high as it is now :c
5) Meh not sure about this one, its ok to have pdws for aggresive recons, its perfect for this class, but if they do this do please keep the as val, its a recon weapon by nature.
6) YES PLEASE.
7) You can do this it just takes a bit of practice, in order to do it you need to wait for like a second or two then shoot him, at least on consoles. You cant shoot him immedietly after getting revived though.
NEED A DISPENSER HERE NEED A DISPENSER HERE NEED A DISPENSER HERE NEED A DISPENSER HERE
KriegsMeister27
DE Enlisted: 2013-01-20
2013-05-07 17:00 , edited 2013-05-07 17:00 by KriegsMeister27
1.) Disagree, it should be a camo customization choice for recon if not all classes
2.) Why not? I would be fine with it not being OHK but I really would like an Anti-material rifle for Recon, the M95 would be decent since it is bolt-action and only has a 5 round magazine, maybe limited it to only 3 magazines per soldier
3.) You can't have one without the other, Bullet drop is determined by velocity, that's just how physics work
4.) Agreed
5.) Agreed
6.) No, it should go to another class such as a Spec Ops class along with the PDW's, you want anti-vehicle, bring in the .50 cals
7.) Agreed, also Headshots should not be Revivable from any weapon
NuclearEOD
2013-05-07 17:05
Boy this escalated quickly
NEED A DISPENSER HERE NEED A DISPENSER HERE NEED A DISPENSER HERE NEED A DISPENSER HERE
ASAP_Ryuko
Enlisted: 2012-04-06
2013-05-07 17:33
Bitchwood, i agree with everything except for the C4 part. I think DICE made it clear that Recon for BF3 was made for surveillance, not a walking demoman. And i'd like to see DICE capitalize on this concept. If anything, i'm fine with how the Xbow is at the current moment.
Don't Quote Me
NuclearEOD
2013-05-07 17:51
OG_M_E99 said:
Bitchwood, i agree with everything except for the C4 part. I think DICE made it clear that Recon for BF3 was made for surveillance, not a walking demoman. And i'd like to see DICE capitalize on this concept. If anything, i'm fine with how the Xbow is at the current moment.

IF THE BC2 RECON WAS A BAD DEMOMAN, THE HE WOULDNT BE SITTING IN HERE, DISCUSSING ABOUT IT NOW WOULD HIM!?
KriegsMeister27
2013-05-07 17:56
OG_M_E99 said:

NO xbow, the thing should not be anymore modern/nearfuture military shooter games it was okay with the post-apocalyptic background story of Aftermath, but other than that it does not fit
Grus0m
DK Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-05-07 17:57
No recons in bf4, thanks
Nubskrub
US Enlisted: 2012-06-18
2013-05-07 18:00
1. Disagreed.
2. Agreed.
3. Agreed.
4. Agreed.
5. No.
6. Sure...
7. Yes.
"Baddie Xbox can't even hold a lightning strike. Microsoft are you even trying?" - Batmon
KriegsMeister27
2013-05-07 18:00
Grus0m said:
No recons in bf4, thanks

No OP Assault/Medic Whores in BF4, thanks
NuclearEOD
2013-05-07 18:02
KriegsMeister27 said:
Grus0m said:
No recons in bf4, thanks

assault and medic whores are the same thing *flies away*
Oorahhh
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-05-07 18:03
Grus0m said:
No recons in bf4, thanks

This^

Replace Recon with the Spec Ops class and give them all the surveillance gadgets. That way no sniper rifles will deter all the CoD noobs that don't play the objectives and they'll go back to their game. Everyone's happy!
Pilot tears are the best kind of tears.
NuclearEOD
2013-05-07 18:05
Oorahhh said:
Grus0m said:
No recons in bf4, thanks
This^

Replace Recon with the Spec Ops class and give them all the surveillance gadgets. That way no sniper rifles will deter all the CoD noobs that don't play the objectives and they'll go back to their game. Everyone's happy!

Except me, Im allways sad, no one wants to be my friend, no one hugs.
Me sad.
Me alone.
Small people laugh at me.
Me different.
Me smash.
Me eat small people.
Me become small people.
Me happy.
KriegsMeister27
2013-05-07 18:05
NuclearEOD said:
KriegsMeister27 said:
Grus0m said:
No recons in bf4, thanks

thats why I put the "/" meaning same thing but by different name

Oorahhh said:
Grus0m said:
No recons in bf4, thanks
This^

No thanks, I would prefer to cover my teammates by sniping from +300m away than to run around 360 noscope
NuclearEOD
2013-05-07 18:08
KriegsMeister27 said:
NuclearEOD said:
KriegsMeister27 said:
Grus0m said:
No recons in bf4, thanks
thats why I put the "/" meaning same thing but by different name

Oorahhh said:
Grus0m said:
No recons in bf4, thanks
This^

No thanks, I would prefer to cover my teammates by sniping from +300m away than to run around 360 noscope

You wont cover shit from 300m man
ASAP_Ryuko
Enlisted: 2012-04-06
2013-05-07 18:09
KriegsMeister27 said:
OG_M_E99 said:
NO xbow, the thing should not be anymore modern/nearfuture military shooter games it was okay with the post-apocalyptic background story of Aftermath, but other than that it does not fit

what if it looked like this

http://www.likecool.com/Gear/Military/PSE%20TAC%2015%20Crossbow/PSE-TAC-15-Crossbow.jpg [likecool.com]
Don't Quote Me
-Dazz71-
AQ Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-05-07 18:12
Cowardly, inept, KDR loving snipers ruin 99% of the fps games released.
Online gaming is great, everyone else being annoying dicks ruin it.
NuclearEOD
2013-05-07 18:13
-Dazz71- said:
Cowardly, inept, KDR loving snipers ruin 99% of the fps games released.

They are great for target practice in battlefield 3 though.
IIAnOnYmOuSIII
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-22
2013-05-07 18:18
539_b2tchwood said:
As a recon I am hoping to see and ensure the following implementations:

1) absolutely under no circumstances allow ghillie suits
2) don't even consider putting in a .50 cal
3) need to increase the bullet velocity but maintain the bullet drop, moving targets are difficult to negotiate even for experienced snipers
4) personally I think the damage model needs to be increased ever so slightly - mainly for hit detection issues where I am seen to be hitting the neck of an opponent at point blank but receive no multiplier.
5) remove PDW's from this class (and all others really - they don't belong, there should be a 5th class if anything)
6) c4 for the love of god give it back to recons.
7) sort it out so that you can actually shoot a guy when he's getting revived, if I put someone down I should be able to keep them down just like every other class.

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes
4) yes
5) definitely no
6) may be give c4 to all class's
7) absolutely yes
We are Anonymous We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us 'if not have cupcake