Clever Battlefield 4 Suggestion (READ DICE)

Aura-Majora
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-06-30 11:22 , edited 2013-06-30 22:56 by Aura-Majora
Squadmate color selection. If you're in a squad you can select which members are what colors so you can tell them apart from color, especially when dead. It would save these colors for a player.

Thanks! This would be INSANELY useful and I'm sure many people would agree.

My friend EndlessNine also said a numbering system would be nice so that you can determine players quicker. I think that color is a very strong and efficient method to determine who is near you at all times without having to read the squad name.

I wish I was this clever but EndlessNine also suggested a time meter for dead bodies on the ground. I think this would be an insanely clever tool for medics. So when Bob goes down the little meter starts depleting until he gets revived. Thanks for reading!
EA help Robert: Well, we all learn from our mistakes and the good part is we grow much stronger and wiser the next time we encounter them. So, please have faith, it is just a test. you: Are you seriously saying that to me? Are you an old majestic wizard?
TheSp3ci4L
GR Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-06-30 11:40 , edited 2013-06-30 11:42 by TheSp3ci4L
and then we could rename it to rainbow-field
and we could all sit and watch on all them colors

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/085/444/1282786204310.jpg [i0.kym-cdn.com]
RagingRoastbeef
DE Enlisted: 2012-01-06
2013-06-30 11:57
I have friends who are colourblind. Obviously they would be at a huge disadvantage. Stop imbalancing the game!!
:3
VanOrlok
DE Enlisted: 2012-03-13
2013-06-30 12:12
I hope they will add the colorblind help... =D
VUX - Gentlemen´s Club
suupes
Enlisted: 2012-08-18
2013-06-30 12:35
if you are colour blind you really shouldnt be playing a war simulator as in real life you would never be accepted into the army or the battlefield so i dont see why you should be playing this game if you cannot see
RivaLCF
NL Enlisted: 2011-11-18
2013-06-30 12:36
suupes said:
if you are colour blind you really shouldnt be playing a war simulator as in real life you would never be accepted into the army or the battlefield so i dont see why you should be playing this game if you cannot see

War simulator?
RidgeForrester86
SO Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2013-06-30 12:37
I am colour blind as well :(
Dtun3d
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-06-30 12:41
dont put DICE in subject
System Specs: Antec High Current Gamer 850W - ASUS P8Z68-V Pro - Intel i7 2600K @ 4.0 GHZ - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo - 2 X MSI GTX 980 4GB in SLI - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600MHZ - LG 42" LED TV @ 1080p 200% DSR - Steelseries Sensei Raw Mouse - AudioEngine 2+ Speakers - AudioEngine S8 Subwoofer - Audioengine D1 DAC Optical @ 192 kHz - Samsung 840 Evo 240GB SSD
suupes
2013-06-30 12:45
RCFProd said:
suupes said:
War simulator?

i am a u.s marine and we use real life tactics in this game that we have taken from our combat experience
Ageir9
IS Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2013-06-30 12:48
suupes said:

Stupid, even though you are colorblind you can still see colors, but not the same colors as "normal" people see. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness#By_cause [en.wikipedia.org]

They can still customize the colors to distinguish green from blue.

Also, BF3 isn't a war simulator, it's a large-scale arcade shooter with a cup of realism.

FI Enlisted: 2011-12-24
2013-06-30 13:08
suupes said:
RCFProd said:
suupes said:
War simulator?
i am a u.s marine and we use real life tactics in this game that we have taken from our combat experience

You should Try ARMA then, it's an ACTUAL War Simulator, Battlefield 3/4 is more of the FPS genre, not simulation.

Also "real life tactics" can be applied to any FPS game, which are mainly positioning, watching flanks, checking corners etc. Most of which players should learn by nature when playing a FPS game(except CoD, which is a retarded spray and pray fest.)
Ya'll mad.
suupes
2013-06-30 13:11
the point is if you cant cut the medical exam to join the marines or any other division, i dont see why people should be able to play this game. there should be a medical exam of some kind at gamestop or walmart before you can purchase these sort of games. there should be no difference between real life and virtual. that is why there are so many noobs in battlefield
Tehterokkar
FI Enlisted: 2011-12-24
2013-06-30 13:16
suupes said:
the point is if you cant cut the medical exam to join the marines or any other division, i dont see why people should be able to play this game. there should be a medical exam of some kind at gamestop or walmart before you can purchase these sort of games. there should be no difference between real life and virtual. that is why there are so many noobs in battlefield

This is why I would wish there to be a tutorial before you can even enter the Multiplayer, a tutorial level that is very unforgiving in that if you decided to just run around the corner without checking, you'd die instantly.

Too many times in this game have I facepalmed when people stand still in the middle of a corridor waiting for someone, no cover, no place to run, it's just stupid and they should be shot IRL.
Ya'll mad.
ElHipocampo
TR Enlisted: 2013-03-25
2013-06-30 13:20 , edited 2013-06-30 13:26 by ElHipocampo
suupes said:

YEAH THOSE COLOR BLIND NOOBS. THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THEIR EYES THEY SHOULD NOT BE IN THIS AWESOME REAL LIFE HELLISH WAR SCENARIO MAN!!!

Seriously though, a medical exam at Gamestop? What the hell you think you are playing, some sort of elite game which only grants access to those who are qualified? People pay money to this game, and everyone has the right to do whatever they want, maybe they are trying to get the highest death count in BF3? You know there is no agreement which when you buy the game forces you to be a good player, team player etc. You buy this shit for fun.

Also for OP, that is a good idea, and color blind people can manage to distinguish them I believe.
Through raging fire, through death and hail, clinging to the dragon's tail. As the world behind me burns, I ride it's wings on paths of no return.
Aura-Majora
2013-06-30 13:25
Wow, why are people so slow? What's with all these stupid ass replies? Anyone have ANY sort of useful input? I think the idea is impeccable and I'm sure any players who value distinguishing each other would love this idea.
EA help Robert: Well, we all learn from our mistakes and the good part is we grow much stronger and wiser the next time we encounter them. So, please have faith, it is just a test. you: Are you seriously saying that to me? Are you an old majestic wizard?
reaper1874
CA Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2013-06-30 13:28
I'm color blind red/green. Where red and green look almost the same to me. Changing the squad color from green to something else would great sometimes. Don't know how many squad mate I've shot up. lol.
Aura-Majora
2013-06-30 13:32
If you're colorblind you can change your squad mates to be a color suited for you and BAM fixed. Why is everyone colorblind all of a sudden? Is this a new trend?
LiquidADD
CA Enlisted: 2012-04-27
2013-06-30 16:03
IT could just be an RGB slider so if your are red/green colour blind. you could change it cyan or magenta. or any colour <-(yes there is a 'u' in coloUr ;). that you aren't colour blind to.
rizzoid
2013-06-30 16:19
suupes said:
if you are colour blind you really shouldnt be playing a war simulator as in real life you would never be accepted into the army

Over here in the United States we have of the largest armed forces in the world and being color blind does not prevent you from joining any of the major branches. Sure, it may limit the options available once you're in, but there are still many different openings even for infantry-types.
tK-Raug
CA Enlisted: 2012-06-21
2013-06-30 16:21
Maj0ra said:
Squadmate color selection. If you're in a squad you can select which members are what colors so you can tell them apart from color, especially when dead. I'm not going to make some big thread about it because it really doesn't need it. It would save these colors as well which rare for Battlelog to function in that way *hint hint make Battlelog save camo and vehicle perks*

Thanks! This would be INSANELY useful and I'm sure many people would agree.

i think this is a really great idea personally