Battlelog issues post-update

FuT-cerealno
RO Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2013-09-07 17:04 , edited 2013-09-07 17:10 by FuT-cerealno
It's been a couple of days now and nobody that is responsible for Battlelog has come out to say anything about these issues being worked on, or to take any responsibility for the screw-up.

The issues I've clocked are the following:
1. chats disappearing from the chat box;
2. online/offline/ingame status is not shown correctly;
3. chats not appearing at all;
4. servers that friends are playing on are not show correctly;
5. no sound notifications work.

I regard it has highly unprofessional to provide a service in this manner. It is unacceptable that every time you come with "improvements", most of which are not needed, you break 10 other things. You get a monthly salary to do a job. You had ONE job to do. Do your job, please. I also find it disgusting that in this day and age I have to refresh a page in order for it to be displayed correctly for a limited amount of time.

And what the HELL are you doing with those privacy settings anyway? Now every retard out there will be able to farm and other people can't see their battlereports anymore. Everything needs to be PUBLIC for a reason. What were you thinking? If you were thinking that streamers/youtubers/pub heros need their space and privacy because they're getting harassed, or that their servers get DDOSed, that's a good effort. I put mine on "visible to everyone" because I want people to see everything I do. If they want to join and mess with me a.k.a. die like the insignificant ants they are, more power to them.

You also did not take into account that one can still stalk people if one wants to. All you need to do is pick a victim, go to his friends list, pick a friend, go to his friends list, and you will see where your victim is playing....server, everything, including the IP. Soooooo....tell me again how the new privacy settings work to the community's advantage and how stats padding isn't encouraged now because of what you did?

The point I'm making with this post is you just made it more complicated by 5s to DDOS someone's server, or to stalk someone and you're encouraging behaviour like stats padding or cheating, while not giving people the chance to report this kind of behaviour. Well done. Was that worth it? No. Fix it, and/or revert please. Thank you in advance.
CrIeImatIoIrY
PL Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2013-09-07 17:05 , edited 2013-09-07 17:06 by CrIeImatIoIrY
I have the same problem!!!!:(
Anthes
DE Enlisted: 2011-12-10
2013-09-07 17:16
FuT-cerealno said:
2. online/offline/ingame status is not shown correctly;
4. servers that friends are playing on are not show correctly;
5. no sound notifications work.

I have those problems as well and it's driving me insane. If it's so hard to get it to work, they should just abandon Battlelog and Origin and use Steam, because that has been working for years flawlessly.
TGillay
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-09-07 17:58
+100
Benny_co86
US Enlisted: 2012-02-28
2013-09-09 23:09
Every word ROCK solid Cerealno! Very nice post! I hope it will not fall on deaf ears... this is so annoying.
One more thing that I was hopping to be fixed and was not ofcourse is the "Live score board is too busy right now" it was working fine how hard it is to revert to the way it was?!?!
Highest Ranking #9 Assault in BF3, ATM Rank #7 Assault BF4
FuT-cerealno
2013-09-25 17:22 , edited 2013-09-25 17:23 by FuT-cerealno
UPDATE!

So you guys, the Battlelog dev team, have done it again. Just when I thought you couldn't surpass your previous exploits you prove me wrong. Well played. Not only have you NOT fixed ANY of the issues mentioned above, except for the sound, but you've made more problems. OF COURSE it was more important to:

1. Move the feedback button on the left in the profile dropdown menu. What? Were there too many people using it? Seriously, guys.
2. NOT ONLY do the chats still disappear, but now, when I try to refresh the page, the WHOLE chatbox completely disappears. Worst damage control I've ever seen if that was the attempt.
3. From what FourTwoFour has showed me you've also modified the way the server queue is represented so...yea
4. Added the BF4 stats profile at the "other games" section.

Why are you focusing on needless cosmetic features that nobody asks for or gives a damn about? Either those coders don't know squat about their job, or they're not properly supervised and directed.

This is why competition exists. It encourages companies to strive to better themselves and their product. When you're not competing with anyone, of course you don't care about the real issues or improving your product.

I am disappointed. You've shown an attitude that I've seen in my country time and time again, which is the lowest form of incompetence that should not be present in Western societies. Also doing this on the eve of BF4 is indicative of how much you don't even care and of all the sheeple that do nothing positive for the community, but would rather just be entertained. GG WP
Dlzzydave
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-10
2013-09-25 17:58
Well all they seem to be doing is making things 100 times worse. Ive had an issue regarding not being able to log out off battlelog on my IPAD. This has been the case since the last update, I made numerous threads about the issue and I heard absolutely nothing.

If a MOD reads these issues, can you please acknowledge that you have a problem concerning TABLETS !!!!!!

Oh and +100 for the OPs thread.
Sappers keep the army moving !!!!
RaZ_HU
HU Enlisted: 2012-09-14
2013-09-25 18:48 , edited 2013-09-25 18:49 by RaZ_HU
On 1280*720 I can't close the friends menu, so the left side of the side is out of the screen on the left, also after today's update the most mobile devices can't see profiles or battlereports, because it still says 'Loading data'.

C'mon dev team, answer :P
FuT-cerealno
2013-09-26 14:32
I bet I'd receive some of YOUR feedback if I said something like most of the idiots, that do nothing for this community, say.

If I use vulgar and obscene language I have your full attention and get punished for saying stuff that hurts nobody. If I criticise your lack of professionalism on issues of vital importance, like a gentleman, I get nothing but ignored and a whole lot of cowardice.
XLManx2
US Enlisted: 2012-04-13
2013-09-26 14:55
I can't even play the game, seriously it will not let me since the update.

Whenever I try to enter a game via battlelog I get a popup in the browser titled: Not connected to Battlefield 3.

The content of the popup reads: You need to be online with your PC soldier to remotely join friends or servers. When Battlelog is connected to the game, the blue Unified Game Manager bar will be shown in the bottom of the screen.

WTF! I AM LOGGED IN AND ONLINE! I CAN SEE MY PC SOLDIER NAME RIGHT THERE IN THE BROWSER!

Seriously, if this is not fixed in short order I will be calling Microsoft to get my money back for the gold membership I just renewed. I am NOT going to waste my time and money on the ineptness of your developers.
jossmer
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-09-26 15:59
player search via BL coms center is only bring up results for Xbox players.

Using "add a friend" only displays links to facebook - Xbox - PSN. Someone forgot to add PC ???????????

# Fail
joss * OS win 7 ultimate 64bit * Asus Sabertooth 990FX AMD3+ *Cooler master HAF 932 full tower advanced *PSU Corsair 850 HX Gold *CPU AMD Pile driver AMD FX-8350 4gb Vishera 32nm Technology *Mem 16gb corsair Vengeance 1866MHz XMP *GPU AMD Radeon 797o BSM
bludothesmelly
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-09-26 18:43
Happened to me 2 days in a row
thewanderer34
2013-09-26 21:17
FuT-cerealno said:
I bet I'd receive some of YOUR feedback if I said something like most of the idiots, that do nothing for this community, say.

If I use vulgar and obscene language I have your full attention and get punished for saying stuff that hurts nobody. If I criticise your lack of professionalism on issues of vital importance, like a gentleman, I get nothing but ignored and a whole lot of cowardice.

It's disgusting that a well written, thought out thread in the correct section just gets ignored. Yet put it all in CAPS and fill it full of hate and the mod's appear to flock too it.

I have written in several threads about the fact I can't sign out on my android tablet and that the functionality of the site on a tablet is getting worse with each update.
How many time's have we had an iPad thrust in our faces to promote Commander mode, yet silence on issue's tablet user's are facing.
I am a citizen of the universe , and a gentleman to boot.
NoobieGaming
Enlisted: 2013-07-18
2013-09-27 03:53
heah, fuck origin, bunch of pussies, no wonder bf4 is going to the dumps
thewanderer34
2013-10-02 16:17
Still nothing but silence.
I am a citizen of the universe , and a gentleman to boot.
FuT-cerealno
2013-10-03 12:14
Thank you for resolving the issues where:
1. people had to refresh the page to see the chat boxes that appeared
2. sound notifications were not working

I'm glad these problems did not fall on deaf ears and finally you guys got around to doing something about it. Thank you.
weird43
Enlisted: 2013-10-06
2013-10-06 14:03
You need to be online with your pc soldier weird43 to remotely join friends or servers. When Battlelog is connected to the game, the blue Unified Game Manager bar will be shown in the bottom of the screen.
What does this mean, ive tried everything
keyblademaster99
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-10-09 23:26
I need help, I have battlefield 4 on my Ps3 and I downloaded it for my PC but when I try to find a server it says - You need to be online with your PS3 soldier to remotely join friends or servers. When Battlelog is connected to the game, the blue Unified Game Manager bar will be shown in the bottom of the screen.