Aim Assist for BF4 (only with joypad)

The-FrownyFace
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-09-13 06:56
neo1234251 said:
No aim assist for PC what so ever. It simply would not balance. Controller or not.

Go to console if you NEED to use a controller. Otherwise, controllers on PCs are a "use at your own risk" thing, and really is best used for flying than anything else.

It would balance as the aim assist in BF3 on consoles is a liability, not an asset. I would say if you need it, go to consoles.

And controller/mouse is a preference thing. People keep harping "mouse and keyboard are better arrrrrrrgggggggg!!!" I tried it and did horrible. Plugged in my 360 controller and started going positive for once. Use whatever works for you because that's what it comes down to in the end.
What does a gunfight look like?
Gravsy-sama
AL Enlisted: 2012-03-11
2013-09-13 06:56
mhmm

GG OP
There are some things you can’t say to someone, no matter how close you are — Nanami Aoyama
Destroyer54326
US Enlisted: 2012-03-24
2013-09-13 07:03
Just took a quick look at your profile NothingButGravs you don't even play PC why are you posting here?
Gravsy-sama
2013-09-13 07:06
Destroyer54326 said:
Just took a quick look at your profile NothingButGravs you don't even play PC why are you posting here?

i can do what i want when i want

DEAL WITH IT
There are some things you can’t say to someone, no matter how close you are — Nanami Aoyama
locksymania
IE Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-09-13 07:09
Destroyer54326 said:
Look dude I didn't post to argue trash talk or even go back and forth with one guy. I will say this I want the best gaming experience no super low to medium settings I want ultra. I play with a controller I think its fair for your gun to slow down when aiming at an enemy player when using a joypad.

Ignore the asshats. To paraphrase the late JC, they'll always be with us.

On the actual topic, I'm sorry to hear about your paw. There is no aim assist on PC and there likely never will be, however, here are a few things to consider.

1) There are several gaming mice out there that can be programmed so that most of the (non WASD) functionality you require is on one hand, there are ergonomic keypads out there too that cover you for gaming - I don't know exactly what your limitations are but these (and some thinking about your key binds) are well worth a look.

2) Going forward, the next gen consoles will have 64-player capability so if #1 is not feasible then that might be your best option.

Finally, to the rest of you jerk-offs; someone comes here genuinely looking for help and you think that's the best time to play to play the Big Swinging Dick Internet Hardman?

Risible.
Ah now, Marty; this is championship hurling - it's no place for boys.
Destroyer54326
2013-09-13 07:16
Thank you for being straight up and nice about it but it's to late for me on the next gen band wagon but I will look into those mice and keyboards most likely after the BF4 launch just so I can see how it will be with a controller.
Gravsy-sama
2013-09-13 07:17
Destroyer54326 said:
Thank you for being straight up and nice about it but it's to late for me on the next gen band wagon but I will look into those mice and keyboards most likely after the BF4 launch just so I can see how it will be with a controller.

thats nice to know

night blackberry
DaDarthVader
GB Enlisted: 2013-01-01
2013-09-13 07:19
why not get a PS4 or XB1 and play with aim-assist. That kind of garbage is not at all necessary for PC. I know your fell brah, I once had a broken leg but that ain't so similar to what you are having.
Cheers.
locksymania
2013-09-13 07:21 , edited 2013-09-13 07:21 by locksymania
Destroyer54326 said:

Cool, a new console is quite a substantial outlay.

I suspect there's probably a PC gaming group out there for people with physical disabilities, they may very well have more meaningful pointers than what I can give - a quick Google reveals this crowd - some of this won't apply to you but some might.

http://www.game-accessibility.com/index.php?pagefile=motoric [game-accessibility.com]

What I will say though is that in the vast majority of instances, M&KB is superior to joypad on PC.

Good luck with it and I hope it works out for you.
Destroyer54326
2013-09-13 07:23
My PC is ready for BF4 on ultra so maybe in like a year or two I'll consider getting a PS4 but I just don't have the money to burn right now.
Gravsy-sama
2013-09-13 07:26
just realize OP is console to

thanks for putting me under the bust
locksymania
2013-09-13 07:26 , edited 2013-09-13 07:27 by locksymania
Destroyer54326 said:
My PC is ready for BF4 on ultra so maybe in like a year or two I'll consider getting a PS4 but I just don't have the money to burn right now.

Wow! Yeah, you'll want to get the value out of that first I expect!

Just saw your PC stats - for someone playing with a controller they aren't that bad at all. Good stuff
neo1234251
US Enlisted: 2013-01-12
2013-09-13 07:29
Amak1131 said:
neo1234251 said:
No aim assist for PC what so ever. It simply would not balance. Controller or not.

Go to console if you NEED to use a controller. Otherwise, controllers on PCs are a "use at your own risk" thing, and really is best used for flying than anything else.
It would balance as the aim assist in BF3 on consoles is a liability, not an asset. I would say if you need it, go to consoles.

And controller/mouse is a preference thing. People keep harping "mouse and keyboard are better arrrrrrrgggggggg!!!" I tried it and did horrible. Plugged in my 360 controller and started going positive for once. Use whatever works for you because that's what it comes down to in the end.

It's a liability for controllers. It's an aim hack for mouse and keyboard.

There is no way to force aim assist strictly to controllers. And even if you did, there would be plenty of easy ways to bypass it. I say no because of mouse and keyboard. Not because of controller.

And in your case, if you already do better with a controller, do you feel the need for aim assist to give you even more of an advantage than you already have? Controller at your own risk.
Destroyer54326
2013-09-13 07:40
Eh if I could have it for controller I wouldn't mind if mouse and keyboard got it too. Then at least it would be fair. Thinking about it that could affect keyboard and mouse in a negative way like shooting at multiple targets would take more time encouraging mouse and keyboard players to turn it off.
neo1234251
US Enlisted: 2013-01-12
2013-09-13 07:46
Destroyer54326 said:
Eh if I could have it for controller I wouldn't mind if mouse and keyboard got it too. Then at least it would be fair. Thinking about it that could affect keyboard and mouse in a negative way like shooting at multiple targets would take more time encouraging mouse and keyboard players to turn it off.

Trust me, it would be anything BUT fair for you.
Ecua100
US Enlisted: 2011-11-13
2013-09-13 07:55
It's all good OP, I play with a 360 controller as well. Sure I started out being a 0.70 in KDR in BF3 for a while until I got the gist of the PC version & eventually I would make it to 1.15 but that's because I play on noobs only servers so I don't get scraped by the occasional no lifer especially the level 100s with 2.0 KDRs. But I have to tell you that I don't think there's gonna be any aim assist option what so ever but just practice more with the stick & your left fingers & thumb will be attuned to it & eventually you'll do fine especially in the upcoming BF4.

All I'm saying is, keep up the fight & get better with that controller. I'm trying to get better with it too! ;)
The-FrownyFace
2013-09-13 08:09
neo1234251 said:
Amak1131 said:
neo1234251 said:

It's a liability for controllers. It's an aim hack for mouse and keyboard.

There is no way to force aim assist strictly to controllers. And even if you did, there would be plenty of easy ways to bypass it. I say no because of mouse and keyboard. Not because of controller.

And in your case, if you already do better with a controller, do you feel the need for aim assist to give you even more of an advantage than you already have? Controller at your own risk.

Not much of an advantage, the controller just puts me on more equal footing. And you may be right in that it cannot be forced for controllers. I probably misinterpreted your post because I'm used to be overly defensive when the PC crowd rolls in on threads like these.

As for OP, I used to use a program called Pinnacle Game Profiler because I could never get BF3 to cooperate on its own. You may want to browse the settings and see if anything there can help you at all. I too echo what locksymania mentioned (I've rarely seen a PC player that was so decent in regard to controller :| ) and you may get your wish. Considering the XB1/PS4 are more similar to PCs than the 360/PS3, it may have better support at launch.
Felixlynch777
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2013-09-13 11:12
If you choose to handicap yourself by playing with a controller on PC, deal with it.
This ain't the garden of Eden, there are no angels above
Stiffn3ck
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-09
2013-09-13 11:24 , edited 2013-09-13 11:25 by Stiffn3ck
Destroyer54326 said:
I currently play Battlefield 3 with a controller on PC as I switched from console for the expanded player count . I have a really bad left hand (Broken my metacarpals in my ring and pinky finger ) . So I was hoping in Battlefield 4 there would be Aim-assist for people using controllers as it is harder to lock onto people with a controller than it is with a mouse.

Destroyer54326 said:
Look dude I didn't post to argue trash talk or even go back and forth with one guy. I will say this I want the best gaming experience no super low to medium settings I want ultra. I play with a controller I think its fair for your gun to slow down when aiming at an enemy player when using a joypad.

There is already a platform that meets your required needs.

Requesting an alternative platform is gimped to meet such requirements is just silly and of course will attract strong objections.

Like playing in the Golf Open asking to use a cannon to tee off and a big metal plate cello-taped to your foot for the greens....because you have no arms !
The-FrownyFace
2013-09-13 12:19
Felixlynch777 said:
If you choose to handicap yourself by playing with a controller on PC, deal with it.

It isn't always a handicap (newsflash: no everyone is pro with a mouse and keyboard) and if you read the OP, you'd see he has a pretty good reason.

Stiffn3ck said:
Destroyer54326 said:
I currently play Battlefield 3 with a controller on PC as I switched from console for the expanded player count . I have a really bad left hand (Broken my metacarpals in my ring and pinky finger ) . So I was hoping in Battlefield 4 there would be Aim-assist for people using controllers as it is harder to lock onto people with a controller than it is with a mouse.
Destroyer54326 said:

There is already a platform that meets your required needs.

Requesting an alternative platform is gimped to meet such requirements is just silly and of course will attract strong objections.

Like playing in the Golf Open asking to use a cannon to tee off and a big metal plate cello-taped to your foot for the greens....because you have no arms !

Read up a few posts, he can't afford a console and has a PC that can probably handle BF4 quite well.