REQUEST: Ability to hide emblems on client side.

godbelow
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-10-05 19:45 , edited 2013-10-05 20:10 by godbelow
I respect everyones choice to create your own emblems, and that's fine. But I didn't spend $110 to see random cartoony or inappropriate crap all over this game. It breaks the immersion, and is incredibly tacky/childish even after only a few days. They are a good example of something that sounds good on paper, and why we have a republic. If the option to use emblems is there, the option to hide them should also be there.

PLEASE.
cynsin
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-10-05 19:45
Agree
godbelow
2013-10-05 20:01
Thanks cynsin, please get the word out about this.
Fearpoint1
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-10-05 20:03
but I worked hard on my emblem

:[
Shadowplay, G-Sync, PhysX Flex. Your move, AMD...
godbelow
2013-10-05 20:08
Fearpoint1 said:

That is completely fine! You're welcome to use it, and show it off to anyone that cares. For those who don't want to see it, we shouldn't be punished.
Fearpoint1
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-10-05 20:09
godbelow said:
Fearpoint1 said:

That is completely fine! You're welcome to use it, and show it off to anyone that cares. For those who don't want to see it, we shouldn't be punished.

But it's a legitimate USMC infantry battalion emblem. How is that being punished?

You are silly.
Shadowplay, G-Sync, PhysX Flex. Your move, AMD...
TonyNickels
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-10-05 20:10
I really don't look forward to having goat.se thrown in my face while I play battlefield. Being able to turn them off would be sufficient. On paper it's a neat idea, but it's going to end up looking like garbage in practice most likely.
PoetOfSorrow
US Enlisted: 2012-05-07
2013-10-05 20:10
That is a great idea, to hide emblems. Or report the inappropriate ones like server pictures for user-owned servers.
godbelow
2013-10-05 20:11
Fearpoint1 said:
godbelow said:
Fearpoint1 said:

But it's a legitimate USMC infantry battalion emblem. How is that being punished?

You are silly.

So? What about the guy making a picture a Pikachu? It doesn't belong in the game.
Guillermo0095
PY Enlisted: 2011-12-17
2013-10-05 20:16
I agree with this post, its like fucking call of duty black ops, instead of putting awesome emblems they start putting bullshit, naked woman, cartoon stuff and it's just stupid to see that in BATTLEFIELD, sorry for my english.
MeetGore
Enlisted: 2013-06-21
2013-10-05 20:18
I completely agree that we should have the ability to hide emblems in game. They look extremely tacky and don't belong on weapons or vehicles.
eengie
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-10-05 20:22
I assume you're talking about the logos that end up on the server screens. For those, perhaps have 2 routes. Let the community (players on the server) rate the age appropriateness of the logo. Every few days, the admin is allowed to change the logo and thus reset the rating. Meanwhile, players can have a setting that is effectively, "nothing above this rating." I make this about age-appropriate because I think most people tend to agree on that. However making it simply "offensive" vs. not, no one will agree on that, hence, this problem.

Route 2 would be as you describe -- individual players can choose whether or not to see "custom" content.
Guillermo0095
2013-10-05 20:24
A actually can't even fucking believe they are allowing this bullshit on vehicles and weapons, just CAN'T believe, didn't they know that on call of duty this looks extremely ugly and childish, of course there are also a ton of douchebags on Battlefield that are going to do the same shit, :/
KILLINIADOR
GT Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-10-05 20:25
I agree with this post. Not everybody likes seeing silly emblems.
Guillermo0095
2013-10-05 20:26
KILLINIADOR said:
I agree with this post. Not everybody likes seeing silly emblems.
godbelow
2013-10-05 20:27
eengie said:
I assume you're talking about the logos that end up on the server screens. For those, perhaps have 2 routes. Let the community (players on the server) rate the age appropriateness of the logo. Every few days, the admin is allowed to change the logo and thus reset the rating. Meanwhile, players can have a setting that is effectively, "nothing above this rating." I make this about age-appropriate because I think most people tend to agree on that. However making it simply "offensive" vs. not, no one will agree on that, hence, this problem.

Route 2 would be as you describe -- individual players can choose whether or not to see "custom" content.

I'm talking about the goofy decals that get attached to weapons,vehicles,etc. I don't really care about the server logo that shows up for 30 seconds at the beginning of each match. Rating is pointless, for the same reason that emblems are a problem in the first place. If everyone upvotes a penis picture, it's not helping anything.
Guillermo0095
2013-10-05 20:28 , edited 2013-10-05 20:31 by Guillermo0095
godbelow said:
eengie said:

I'm talking about the goofy decals that get attached to weapons,vehicles,etc. I don't really care about the server logo that shows up for 30 seconds at the beginning of each match. Rating is pointless, for the same reason that emblems are a problem in the first place. If everyone upvotes a penis picture, it's not helping anything.

This NEEDS attention we can't be the only ones that hate this
godbelow
2013-10-05 20:46
Guillermo0095 said:
godbelow said:
eengie said:

!
Guillermo0095
2013-10-05 21:14
godbelow said:
Guillermo0095 said:
godbelow said:
eengie said:

!
GrubilmanZero
US Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2013-10-05 21:32
I'm all for user created content, and customization. However, I don't want to be forced to see giant cocks on the sides of tanks, or a huge snatch on the side of a plane. It would kill what VERY LITTLE immersion you have left us with in the game.

On a slightly related note, is anyone else wondering how we will be able to easily pick out the enemy armor from friendlies, if everyone has access to the same camo? (I realize this isn't much of a problem for Normal mode, however, I play Hardcore) It may get a bit confusing. Granted, there will still be friendly markers, but sometimes you don't notice that in the heat of battle, and it often breaks down to identifying uniforms. (for me, anyhow) Just a random thought.