Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

Single shot accuracy // vs. netcode?

Sdric_CTE_Mankey
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-01-03 15:12 , edited 2014-01-03 15:13 by Sdric_CTE_Mankey
Since I've been playing BF4 I never really got convinced by using single shoots, while back in BF2 I was toggling between fire modes all day long.

I thought it was "just a feeling" , that full auto seemed to be as, or even more accurate then continous single shots.
However, I've been leveling my DMRs for like 2 days now, playing those single-shot-only weapons nearly without a pause.

I do know that DMRs loose accuracy on continous shoots (if you shoot before the recoil settles), but I experienced so many situations where I pumped like 6 bullets into an enemy - at 3m - with him being in the middle of my crosshair (3,4x - so basically there was nothing on the screen but his body) - an no, or just a single, bullet registered.

I think most of us know the netcode issues from using full-auto weapons.
However, the issue seems to be 20 times worse for single shots.

Seeing that it wasn't just a weird feeling at the start, but happened each 2nd or 3rd encounter I really got convinced that single shots are broken.

Did you guys experience the same?
CptainCrunch
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2014-01-03 15:20
Sure because its hit detection that is having the issue. Every weapon is going to be affected by it and then you use a burst fire or single shot only weapon means that your shots are going to count even less when they need to most.
I am THE CaptNCrunch My changes to Field Upgrades - http://cptaincrunch.wordpress.com/2014/07/12/how-field-upgrades-should-be-for-battlefield-4/