Anti Air Mine

Rawmachine_Dbeat
US Enlisted: 2012-12-24
2014-03-27 08:40
Has anyone unlocked it? It seems impossible to unlock because taking out helicopters takes longer and people decide to be douches and eject right before it blows up so we can't even get the vehicle destroyed
Erlewo
NO Enlisted: 2012-10-19
2014-03-27 08:49
I used sraw too unlock it, got it in one round.
Gorilla_Clown
ZA Enlisted: 2013-12-21
2014-03-27 08:54
Got 2 left. 3 last night. Not that difficult. And I used an SMAW.
DaRyuujin
US Enlisted: 2012-10-07
2014-03-27 08:55
Erlewo said:
I used sraw too unlock it, got it in one round.


Thats blasphemous for stigla n00bs
SM-Serbia
Enlisted: 2013-11-19
2014-03-27 08:57
I just shot down Scout Helicopters with the RPG. So far, I've only seen one other person aside from me using them. They don't kill in one shot, but they are really good for area control if you just want to place them down and move on.
thrashtilhell666
Enlisted: 2011-12-22
2014-03-27 11:39
You can also destroy just the helicopter after they bail out and it still counts towards the assignment. I had the same problem with pilots bailing out.
DingoKillr
TH Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2014-03-27 11:43
Get a mate to PLD got my last destroy with Javelin.
Destruction = End of the old and the begin of the New
Felixlynch777
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2014-03-27 11:45
It's completely worthless when you unlock it, you'll get a lot of hate but the chopper has to fly pretty much right above it to do anything.

Still good for air babby tears though.
This ain't the garden of Eden, there are no angels above
SovereignEagle
AU Enlisted: 2012-02-10
2014-03-27 11:48
Felixlynch777 said:
It's completely worthless when you unlock it, you'll get a lot of hate but the chopper has to fly pretty much right above it to do anything.

Still good for air babby tears though.

You need to remake that 'Proof jets are OP' thread :(
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem
xXTheJanitorXx
HR Enlisted: 2013-08-21
2014-03-27 11:48
cry more stinger noob,use an rpg/smaw/sraw like a man
Felixlynch777
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2014-03-27 11:50
SovereignEagle said:
Felixlynch777 said:
It's completely worthless when you unlock it, you'll get a lot of hate but the chopper has to fly pretty much right above it to do anything.

Still good for air babby tears though.
You need to remake that 'Proof jets are OP' thread :(

God, what great times. The longest ever legitimate topic in the PC forum.

Alas, I don't play BF4 though. I get enough air babby tears when using the AA when I do play anyway. Most of the big jet whores have stuck with BF3 anyway.
This ain't the garden of Eden, there are no angels above
xCorporalCookiex
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-03-27 11:51
Another fairly easy way to get it is to SRAW AC-130's.
SovereignEagle
AU Enlisted: 2012-02-10
2014-03-27 11:53
Felixlynch777 said:
SovereignEagle said:
Felixlynch777 said:
It's completely worthless when you unlock it, you'll get a lot of hate but the chopper has to fly pretty much right above it to do anything.

Still good for air babby tears though.
You need to remake that 'Proof jets are OP' thread :(
God, what great times. The longest ever legitimate topic in the PC forum.

Alas, I don't play BF4 though. I get enough air babby tears when using the AA when I do play anyway. Most of the big jet whores have stuck with BF3 anyway.

Oh yea.

I don't blame you. I've gone back to BF3 a couple of times: the infantry combat is so much more fluid and responsive. And fun.
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem
Felixlynch777
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2014-03-27 11:55
SovereignEagle said:
Felixlynch777 said:
SovereignEagle said:
Felixlynch777 said:
It's completely worthless when you unlock it, you'll get a lot of hate but the chopper has to fly pretty much right above it to do anything.

Still good for air babby tears though.
You need to remake that 'Proof jets are OP' thread :(
God, what great times. The longest ever legitimate topic in the PC forum.

Alas, I don't play BF4 though. I get enough air babby tears when using the AA when I do play anyway. Most of the big jet whores have stuck with BF3 anyway.
Oh yea.

I don't blame you. I've gone back to BF3 a couple of times: the infantry combat is so much more fluid and responsive. And fun.

I probably would go back to BF3 but the suppression/blue tint...bleh. I don't know too many friends who play it either. So I just play Wargame: Red Dragon nowadays and mess around with ANZAC haha.
This ain't the garden of Eden, there are no angels above
SovereignEagle
AU Enlisted: 2012-02-10
2014-03-27 11:58
Felixlynch777 said:
I probably would go back to BF3 but the suppression/blue tint...bleh. I don't know too many friends who play it either. So I just play Wargame: Red Dragon nowadays and mess around with ANZAC haha.

Lol. The blue tint isn't too bad on Caspian, Kharg, Firestorm etc. Tbh I can deal with the blue tint as the gameplay is just so much better. I can even deal with the suppression.
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem
TheColditz
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-03-27 12:22
Here's a few tips. You can have a buddy laser-designate choppers for you, taking 'em down with a Javelin is fairly easy then.
You could also grab a Stinger and get onto the Skyscraper in "Siege of Shanghai". A lot of chopper pilots will fly to/over/near the tower to drop off soldiers or just attack. You can get some quick fire 'n forget hits (that's how I did it).

The AA Mine in itself is really bad imho. It seems to only detect Air Vehicles that are flying in the direction it's looking at and it's lock-on range is rather small, it does however fire really quickly and an unsuspecting pilot might not be able to pop flares in time. ECM Jammer won't help much either if you're not suspecting it. It's great however when you're driving a vehicle and you're being chased by a heli, just drive back to your placed AA Mines and that bugger will be off your back. That way you can still keep on driving/firing without needing to get out to use portable AA.
Naive_AU
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-03-27 12:24
TheColditz said:
Here's a few tips. You can have a buddy laser-designate choppers for you, taking 'em down with a Javelin is fairly easy then.
You could also grab a Stinger and get onto the Skyscraper in "Siege of Shanghai". A lot of chopper pilots will fly to/over/near the tower to drop off soldiers or just attack. You can get some quick fire 'n forget hits (that's how I did it).

The AA Mine in itself is really bad imho. It seems to only detect Air Vehicles that are flying in the direction it's looking at and it's lock-on range is rather small, it does however fire really quickly and an unsuspecting pilot might not be able to pop flares in time. ECM Jammer won't help much either if you're not suspecting it. It's great however when you're driving a vehicle and you're being chased by a heli, just drive back to your placed AA Mines and that bugger will be off your back. That way you can still keep on driving/firing without needing to get out to use portable AA.


The AA mine is literally an 'Aircraft Claymore'. As long as you understand this the 'positioning' aspect of it shouldn't be too hard to master (that being said, it is still terrible for AA purposes)
d3mon5280
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2014-03-27 12:59
Got it yesterday and ran it for a few hours.
Will give a mobility hit to a chopper but does not kill it.
Getting a kill is only going to happen if the AA Mine engages a damaged chopper.
This will be one of the toughest Assignments to complete.
BuilderBum
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2014-03-27 13:07
Stupid attachment, wont use.
I am not going to get banned anymore; New Years Resolution
charlie_eins_08
DE Enlisted: 2012-01-20
2014-04-02 05:30 , edited 2014-04-02 05:31 by charlie_eins_08
We placed an array of 4 AA Mine devices on the rooftop of the hotel at gulf of oman and one game later on a rooftop at firestorm.
Both times we had an direct approach of the transport chopper, the rockets where launched synchronous, they hit the target synchronous .... surprise ....
It didn't go down? 4 direct hits ? WTF ?

This thing is crap!