Thread is locked.

The minimap, or the legal maphack you'll love

Thedutchjelle
NL Enlisted: 2012-01-31
2016-06-02 21:54
Over the past few months there's been an influx of new players (at least on the servers I'm at) and I've noticed they're not shy with their maphackusations.

The truth is, with the minimap and some proper multitasking, you don't need maphacks.
I've collected some examples: https://imgur.com/a/yXIBP [imgur.com] (Not deliberatly collected for this post, just some random ones from my archive that demonstrate what I mean)
A quick breakdown:
1) In the first image you can see two unspotted enemies, one way up in the north in the little courtyard, and one moving towards B. Neither of these have doritos, but they have likely been auto-spotted by firing unsupressed weapons. A more relevant foe is the lone enemy coming up from A, which I could shell despite not seeing him spotted or in person.
2) Here I could see where I had to aim to hit the enemy tank, as he was unspotted yet clearly visible on the map, along with some straggler infantry in front of the tunnel entrance.
3) Prox scan from my gunner reveals infantry near the tank, and makes them easy prey for my gunner.
4) Pretty simple example but still, AA can be found without a spot if you'd just look at the map.
5) I have no prox, no gunner to spot for me, yet I know that 2 infs are sneaking up on E because they fired unsupressed.

"But Dutch, this is such a DUHHHHH"
I am inclinded to agree, but so many people don't know how to properly use the minimap that you can benefit greatly from it if you do. Even a quick glimpse on the map can often save your ass when you least expect it.
Some overal pointers:
- Increase the physical size of the map and zoom out once, so you can see more of the map but still have it confused on your player character
- Don't have gold fish memory. If you see a red dot walk somewhere where there are no friendlies, make a mental note and assume he's still going to be there. This can net you some freebies if you see a red dot hide in an alcove or garage in a street, waiting for you to pass by.. only to pre-fire mlg cornershoot him. Use the map and your game knowledge to make assumptions on where enemies go.
- Odd skull and crossbones on the map indicate a friendly died, thus an enemy must be near. If you see skulls appear in your backline, it's wise to backtrack and find who'se causing it.
- Now you know why tankdrivers hate gunners that fire at the blue blue sky. Your vehicle will be marked crossmap for all to see.

Just my 2 cents. I hope this post was not to obvious, but perhaps someone has use for it :)

See you on the battlefield.
Weapons are for people who didn't manage to get in a tank.
aks74ukiller
PK Enlisted: 2014-06-08
2016-06-03 10:26 , edited 2016-06-03 10:28 by aks74ukiller
Yeah good understanding of the minimap helps alot... and if the team uses spot function it is such great asset.. i remember once i didnt knew an enemy was behind untill my team mate spotted him as he was facing me but wasnt close enough to shoot him down.. so i had a quick glance at the map and turned back and killed so yes minimap is alot more helpfull if u know how to use it and good knowledge of the map uare playing....
jahorgani
CA Enlisted: 2013-06-23
2016-06-03 12:07
Thedutchjelle said:
- Odd skull and crossbones on the map indicate a friendly died, thus an enemy must be near. If you see skulls appear in your backline, it's wise to backtrack and find who'se causing it.
- Now you know why tankdrivers hate gunners that fire at the blue blue sky. Your vehicle will be marked crossmap for all to see.

Its also a good idea to keep your eyes on the kill feed for skull and crossbones. This way you have a better idea of where the enemy might be: if they used their knife, sniper rifle, possibly a suppressed weapon or even tripped an enemies claymore. Its helped me to decide that skull and crossbones dont always need to be investigated.

And the thing about gunners shooting... i remember when i first started tanking in bf3, i would see a tanker whos high on the leaderboards and jump in thinking, 'this is gonna be sweet!', and since i didnt know any better, started shooting when it wasnt necessary. Either they would suicide and wait in deployment for a new tank or just outright quit the match, lmao, I soon learned this was good way of getting a tank when one wasnt available! :D

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.