BF4 on current gen is a waste of time?

TOXIC_AVENGER_85
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-09-09 05:29
I currently play BF3 on 360 and will be playing BF4 on PS4 at launch. I was playing a CQ match on Firestorm not long ago and I have to say, running around for 3-4 minutes at a time to even find an enemy to shoot at is not fun at all. Half the time 20/24 players in the match were in a vehicle. From the looks of it, the maps in BF4 will be even larger than the BF3 vanilla maps. So, I have to ask is playing BF4 on current gen going to be a complete and utter waste of time? Unless you enjoy running wind sprints looking for people to kill or enjoy what are essentially maps that require the use of a vehicle, what's the point?
Fearpoint1
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-09-09 05:31 , edited 2013-09-09 05:33 by Fearpoint1
Why not spend an additional $10 for Battlefield? A lot of console gamers are doing just that.

You don't want to get left behind, Bruv. Just do it. Follow.
Shadowplay, G-Sync, PhysX Flex. Your move, AMD...
Dead-Sync
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-09-09 05:34
I'm sure that the current gen console versions will be scaled down in map size, so it is at least a little more manageable. Although, there are obviously several advantages that the next gen / PC versions have, and that will be the experience to play BF4 on. For those who are only sticking with current gen now, BF4 will still be loads of fun I'm sure, however its meant to be played on PC/Next Gen.

Now Im in the same boat as you, play on 360 now and moving to PS4, so I won't really be able to take advantage of any 10$ upgrade offers various places are doing, but thats ok, it literally is only something like just over 2 weeks in-between the BF4 launch and PS4 launch
They call me the "Professor of Battlefield" | BF4 Platinum Trophy
TOXIC_AVENGER_85
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-09-09 05:37
Fearpoint1 said:
Why not spend an additional $10 for Battlefield? A lot of console gamers are doing just that.

I just realized that the sales numbers for BF4 on consoles are going to be huge if every person that is buying it for next gen at launch is also going to buy it for current gen, just to play it for two weeks with the $10 deal that is going on.
The_Stalinist
CA Enlisted: 2012-01-18
2013-09-09 05:39
24 players is a bit too low, but 32 would be fine. I usually play on 32 player servers, 64 players is usually a cluster fuck except on the big vehicle maps, but on the big vehicle maps you are competing to get vehicles with your teamates, and you usually end up on foot.
“All of us taken together aren’t worth Stalin’s shit!” -Khrushchev to the Politburo after Stalin's death
Dead-Sync
2013-09-09 05:54
TOXIC_AVENGER_85 said:
Fearpoint1 said:

I just realized that the sales numbers for BF4 on consoles are going to be huge if every person that is buying it for next gen at launch is also going to buy it for current gen, just to play it for two weeks with the $10 deal that is going on.

True, although for the people switching from MS to Sony or Sony to MS wont have this option.
They call me the "Professor of Battlefield" | BF4 Platinum Trophy
PM_Abbott
AU Enlisted: 2012-04-14
2013-09-09 06:14
It is a waste of time as in you waste time on it while you wait for next gen to come out
The_Stalinist
2013-09-09 06:33
Seriously though, even with the $10 deal, can't you wait to fucking weeks to get the better version? Not only you save $10, you save gas money and time.
“All of us taken together aren’t worth Stalin’s shit!” -Khrushchev to the Politburo after Stalin's death
SryForWinning
AU Enlisted: 2013-04-29
2013-09-09 06:35
It's a waste of time even on the ps4 and xbone
CharlieDelta_A
PH Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-09-09 06:40
I sort of feel bad for those in Current Gen to Next gen...
Stuck between a rock and hard place...
Get a Current Gen you'll be playing a limted version of battlefield 4
Get a next gen pay through the nose for new console and all of a sudden your game collection is fit for a storage unit.

For PC...
Hehehe Lets not go there....
Save The G3 for Battlefield 4 Let Demize99 Know what we want! https://twitter.com/Demize99
The_Stalinist
2013-09-09 06:43
CharlieDelta_A said:
Get a next gen pay through the nose for new console and all of a sudden your game collection is fit for a storage unit.

For PC...

PC will be limited too because to make the game playable on current gen, they have to cut corners on all platforms (in terms of map design and such) or they would have to make a different game all together, sort of like Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2 Modern Combat.
RustyFrags
US Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2013-09-09 06:46
CharlieDelta_A said:

For PC...

...and hoping it isn't defective on launch.
Winning exemplifies nothing.
Evil_D3m0n
NL Enlisted: 2012-02-29
2013-09-09 07:33
Judging from BF3, yes it will be.
Popesly
2013-09-09 08:01
If you're not going to be able to take advantage of the $10 deal then I wouldn't bother, $60 for a dulled down version for two weeks? Nah, i'm going from Xbox 360 to Xbox one so i'm doing it, but you have to think of it this way

If all versions launched on the same day, would I pay $10 (or in your case $60) to play the game a couple weeks early?

If no, then just wait man.
SHHHH QUIET SLEEP
CharlieDelta_A
2013-09-09 08:22 , edited 2013-09-09 08:24 by CharlieDelta_A
The_Stalinist said:
CharlieDelta_A said:

For PC...
PC will be limited too because to make the game playable on current gen, they have to cut corners on all platforms (in terms of map design and such) or they would have to make a different game all together, sort of like Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2 Modern Combat.

Do you have any concept of a lead platform...
http://bf4central.com/2013/04/battlefield-4-optimized-pc-graphic/ [bf4central.com]
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-28-the-big-battlefield-4-interview-dice-leaves-technology-behind [eurogamer.net]

Patrick Bach is quoted this...

Wesley Yin-Poole What version of the game did we see with the gameplay video?

Patrick Bach: PC.

Wesley Yin-Poole: I assume you're still using the PC as the lead platform for BF4, as you've done with previous versions.

Patrick Bach: All our tools are on PC. The editor is on PC. So it's easier for us to test and play on PC. The workflows are super optimised, so it's very easy to test on any console we have, but still you're working on a PC. And since we're trying to push the boundaries of what is possible and then find ways to scale that back into the lowest spec and then the full range of consoles, we see PC as the natural target platform for the super high-end when it comes to graphics.

You can just add more memory if you need to. You don't have to fit it in memory. We have all the GPUs we want and if that doesn't work we just add more GPUs. So it's easy for us when we create prototypes and we create testbeds to use PC.

We have a heritage of being PC driven. So PC is the core platform. That doesn't mean we switch focus back and forth, because we want to create a great experience on all platforms. It's not only a PC game anymore. We sold plenty of copies on console for BF3. So the argument it should only be PC for instance is not valid. This is a multi-platform game. And we need to focus on each platform at certain times.

We hear people complaining about us having BF3 being a console port to PC. It couldn't be less true. It's the other way around. That game was built from the beginning as a super high-end PC game, and then the Frostbite team gave us the toolset to be able to scale that down and fit it on consoles. The game wouldn't have looked and played as well on consoles if it didn't have the high target of PC.

It's easier to scale down rather than up. You've seen games that try to scale up. It's still low fidelity but with high-res textures, or some new shaders, but you don't get the high-end experience on the low-end consoles.

And PC is the lead platform...

Sorry Try again! Next time before commenting do your research...
So you dont look like an... http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/net/20070914/capt.e209a6bd81d9e50e8ee11ac297e7e021.jpeg [d.yimg.com]
Nough said.
Save The G3 for Battlefield 4 Let Demize99 Know what we want! https://twitter.com/Demize99
Podge90
Enlisted: 2011-11-24
2013-09-09 08:29
If you buy BF4 for the current gen consoles then you're an idiot. It is literally just a map pack on PS3/360.
SryForWinning
AU Enlisted: 2013-04-29
2013-09-09 08:32
PC is not the lead platform.
CharlieDelta_A
2013-09-09 08:36 , edited 2013-09-09 08:53 by CharlieDelta_A
RustyFrags said:
CharlieDelta_A said:

For PC...
...and hoping it isn't defective on launch.

My worry about next gen is the case design of the consoles...
There could be some cooling issues, i've been running AMD units for a long time and well aware of colling issues...
I just hope they dont mess the enclosure up... One wrong design could result in cooling failures.

I may NOT have a current gen console, but I used to run consoles in the old days, and I run AMD so i'm fairly sure I have a general idea on what could happen.

ThanksForLosing said:
PC is not the lead platform.

Read article above... Interview with Patrick Bach one of the developers...

AND YES... THANKS FOR LOOSING... I mean literally.... Thanks for loosing... (Nice name by the way...)
Trayzee
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-09-09 09:28
i play on 360 and im also jumping to ps4. bf3 is simply horrible on the bigger maps on current gen which is why i will wait and just buy it for ps4
The_Stalinist
2013-09-09 16:53
CharlieDelta_A said:
The_Stalinist said:
CharlieDelta_A said:

For PC...
Do you have any concept of a lead platform...
http://bf4central.com/2013/04/battlefield-4-optimized-pc-graphic/ [bf4central.com]
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-28-the-big-battlefield-4-interview-dice-leaves-technology-behind [eurogamer.net]

Patrick Bach is quoted this...

Wesley Yin-Poole What version of the game did we see with the gameplay video?

Patrick Bach: PC.

Wesley Yin-Poole: I assume you're still using the PC as the lead platform for BF4, as you've done with previous versions.

Patrick Bach: All our tools are on PC. The editor is on PC. So it's easier for us to test and play on PC. The workflows are super optimised, so it's very easy to test on any console we have, but still you're working on a PC. And since we're trying to push the boundaries of what is possible and then find ways to scale that back into the lowest spec and then the full range of consoles, we see PC as the natural target platform for the super high-end when it comes to graphics.

You can just add more memory if you need to. You don't have to fit it in memory. We have all the GPUs we want and if that doesn't work we just add more GPUs. So it's easy for us when we create prototypes and we create testbeds to use PC.

We have a heritage of being PC driven. So PC is the core platform. That doesn't mean we switch focus back and forth, because we want to create a great experience on all platforms. It's not only a PC game anymore. We sold plenty of copies on console for BF3. So the argument it should only be PC for instance is not valid. This is a multi-platform game. And we need to focus on each platform at certain times.

We hear people complaining about us having BF3 being a console port to PC. It couldn't be less true. It's the other way around. That game was built from the beginning as a super high-end PC game, and then the Frostbite team gave us the toolset to be able to scale that down and fit it on consoles. The game wouldn't have looked and played as well on consoles if it didn't have the high target of PC.

It's easier to scale down rather than up. You've seen games that try to scale up. It's still low fidelity but with high-res textures, or some new shaders, but you don't get the high-end experience on the low-end consoles.

And PC is the lead platform...

Sorry Try again! Next time before commenting do your research...
So you dont look like an... http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/net/20070914/capt.e209a6bd81d9e50e8ee11ac297e7e021.jpeg [d.yimg.com]
Nough said.

Holy shit fanboy, wipe your chin, you got Patrick's cum all over your face.