BF3 vs BF4

STARTER111
Enlisted: 2012-11-18
2013-10-31 12:58
Looking for detailed comparisons of the two games. If a person really likes BF3, will BF4 on current gen consoles be disappointment?
Hansonator75
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-10-31 13:00
There's a lot of potential for BF4 for current gen consoles. BF3 had bugs upon release. They will work out the issues in BF4.
dRupointoh
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-10-31 13:04
My personal experience?
Loved BF3, and this one has not disappoint me. Between the 2, I prefer BF4, but maybe it's because it's new.
- If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0 - - What you allow is what WILL continue! -
CYBlackeagle22
US Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2013-10-31 16:00
Too early to make an encompassing judgement. I've noticed that (hardcore) sniping is a better in pretty much every sense. The guns all feel better than they did in BF3. Most of the maps are cool, though there are a couple that have ridiculously bad balance in Rush, but they all feel a bit too big given the amount of players in the game. (Conquest is where you really feel that emptiness)
There's a bit more weapon customization (as in stuff that changes the stats of your guns) and tons more scopes and different variants of accessories. Unlike BF3, most guns (snipers excluded) seem to start you off with nothing but the iron sights, which is kind of a pain, but it's not horrible.

There are a lot of little changes here and there. I played the crap out of BF3, and the transition to the new game's been a bit painful (Compare my K/Ds), but until I get used to the maps and the new gameplay, I can't really evaluate whether BF4 is as good as BF4. It's true to the classic BF formula though, so as a rule, BF4 probably won't disappoint people who liked BF3.
SolidSnakeOut
Enlisted: 2013-10-02
2013-10-31 16:03
I really disagree. But BF3 feels better, plays better, BF4 feel and play like COD. Sorry. It's true.
kmackinley
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-10-31 16:53
I think the BF4 gameplay is better overall. Im really happy about the changes to spotting they made in BF4. No longer are you getting spotted across the map and continue to be spotted upon entering a building etc. Really nice.
SolidSnakeOut
Enlisted: 2013-10-02
2013-10-31 17:00
Everything is great overall, but the shooting and running or mobility of the shooter feels like COD. It's true. Sorry.
CodeSpeaker
US Enlisted: 2012-09-11
2013-10-31 17:00
BF4 is more fluid and better overall to me.....unfortunately i think team death match sucks now though...too small and enclosed...too much like COD... but in a bad way.
JACKEDRAM1500
Enlisted: 2012-05-01
2013-10-31 17:12
BF3 = perfectly balanced between realism and arcade, natural difficulty created by the weapons and physics which separates the good players from the bad.

BF4 = Full on arcade pew pew game for children.

Battlefield 3 is next gen compared to BF4.

The older players know exactly what's up. BF4 is riding on the success of BF3 but the two games are worlds apart and nothing alike. People always assume that the "new" game is more advanced but in this case everyone is downgrading to basically a mid 2000's gaming style.

I'll stick with the "superior" version in BF3 and pray that DICE/EA dump this arcade trash and do it right for BF5. Pushing the limits of realism is more possible then ever and they have decided to go after the whole kindergarden class instead.

In summery BF4 is a childs toy.
omgcow
GB Enlisted: 2012-02-22
2013-10-31 17:13 , edited 2013-10-31 17:13 by omgcow
On PC it's good, that is, if you can get the frames to play it...

On PS3/Xbox it's so terrible it's ridiculous.
When MPs do anything that the rest of us think is a bit dodgy, their reply is always the same, "it is within the law". When anybody else does something which "is within the law" but a bit dodgy, MPs reply by saying that "it is immoral". Maybe it is time to scrap the law and rely on good morals. -----Campaigning for a TuG's nerf since 2011.-----
MILLIONAIR030
Enlisted: 2013-03-14
2013-10-31 17:14
B4 could never surpass bf3 even if the game was perfect
bf3
was a COMPLETLY new expierce bf 4 could never be that
spinem3
US Enlisted: 2012-01-03
2013-10-31 17:15 , edited 2013-10-31 17:20 by spinem3
I find bf4 to be much like and arcade game. Just jump in and hope your quarters don't run out. The infantry part I feel is much more balanced, but I find myself just running from flag to flag only to find a squad of enemy. So I'm either sprinting through an open field, running from a tank, or getting dropped by a squad.

The vehicle play is WAYYYYYY worse than bf3. Jets have no room to set up runs, I have barely even seen any jets, choppers are fast but basically impossible to shoot well, I'm constantly over shooting my target. I wasn't the best at bf3 but I would hold my own.

Boats are awesome but just wait until they get nerfed. And the controls suck! In no world should L2 be fire for those saying I should go Veteran.

I love the effects and environment but the graphics are WAYYYYYYY below quality. Hoping PS4 can deliver.

Just to be clear I played Black ops, liked it, I would play for a couple hours a week, but it was just dumb fun. When I got into bf3 I was in AWWWW of just about everything and would play it for 9 hrs straight, dream about it, and play another 9hrs.

bf4 is no bf3
ImRanked130Hz
CA Enlisted: 2011-12-29
2013-10-31 17:17
Two days of gameplay is too early to get a good evaluation. And WTF is all this COD talk. Did you guys even play BO2? Yes there is less recoil, and TTK is much lower now but there is no cartoon colored graphics... If anything it's more like Warfighter than BF3.
According to Forumfield "I iz tryhard wanna-be stigla scrub noob" - reporting for duty! {[(c0c0 rulez.)]} [quote Impacttrooper said:]A private server is your server. You can kick and ban whoever you want and for any reason you want.[/quote]BEST GAME
xIXEROHOURIx
US Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2013-10-31 17:21
BF4 is a step backwards. It plays far too much like COD now...I guess DICE caved and tweaked it to capture a larger audience.
loccbro509
SE Enlisted: 2013-01-15
2013-10-31 17:22
JACKEDRAM1500 said:
BF3 = perfectly balanced between realism and arcade, natural difficulty created by the weapons and physics which separates the good players from the bad.

BF4 = Full on arcade pew pew game for children.

Battlefield 3 is next gen compared to BF4.

The older players know exactly what's up. BF4 is riding on the success of BF3 but the two games are worlds apart and nothing alike. People always assume that the "new" game is more advanced but in this case everyone is downgrading to basically a mid 2000's gaming style.

I'll stick with the "superior" version in BF3 and pray that DICE/EA dump this arcade trash and do it right for BF5. Pushing the limits of realism is more possible then ever and they have decided to go after the whole kindergarden class instead.

In summery BF4 is a childs toy.

It's exactly the same! Go play BF3 and 10 minutes later I bet you start up BF4.
cweberling
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-10-31 17:27
I absolutely LOVED BF3 on my 360. As of right now. I'm really not enjoying BF4 very much at all. I'm pretty disappointed. I think that that's mainly because its so easy to get hyped up when you see the footage they show you......(same thing happened with BF3).....they show you the experience you're gonna get on PC essentially....and its not at all like that.

I'm trying to give it a good chance. It'll most likely grow on me some once I figure out the mechanics, the way things work, the way the maps work, etc. But still.....I honestly think BF3 is better right now....we'll see if that changes once I give it some time and adapt.

In terms of comparison....the BIGGEST change/grievance for me is simply the "feel" and immersion honestly. The "scale" or "view" or first person perspective feels way off to me. The "scale" they were trying to achieve doesn't feel real to me at all. I feel like I'm playing with toys from a 3rd person perspective almost. Honestly I'm trying to figure out why that is. But the maps just feel really stale to me. I don't feel immersed at all. It doesn't feel like I am in an "environment" or "living world" to me (which is what I LOVED about BC1 & 2, and BF3).... Maybe its just because I've seen all the PC footage and hyped up graphics and such but....I don't know. I think it's just cause there's a HUGE lack of detail....because the maps are big. I would rather have intricately detailed medium sized environments than HUGE environments that are really poorly detailed with nothing really going on in them and no assets laying about and such. (Siege of Shanghai is a great example....the top of the tower is completely blank......that completely breaks the immersion for me....and makes me feel like I'm playing with toys.)

Another thing that's putting me off since I've started playing is that I feel like there isn't much of a rock paper scissors going on with "skill based shooting." That's probably me not knowing/figuring out the mechanics yet. But the head shots seem REALLY random and inconsistent and it doesn't feel like you can "outshoot" people if they start shooting at you first. But that'll probably come with developing skill at THIS game.
STARTER111
Enlisted: 2012-11-18
2013-10-31 17:30
I realize it's early, but I'm just looking for comparisons at this point and beyond. I love BF3 and the servers are still full (xbox360). Just wondering how the two compare.

Also I didn't like the BETA. I couldn't nail down the reasons, but something just didn't feel right.
ImRanked130Hz
CA Enlisted: 2011-12-29
2013-10-31 17:49
BF3 has had two years of "fixes". BF4 has none. So BF3 should play better right now. People also say that BF4 is meant for next gen&PC because the Frostbite3 is too taxing on current gen systems so we many not even see the full potential until the next gen consoles are up and running.
According to Forumfield "I iz tryhard wanna-be stigla scrub noob" - reporting for duty! {[(c0c0 rulez.)]} [quote Impacttrooper said:]A private server is your server. You can kick and ban whoever you want and for any reason you want.[/quote]BEST GAME
DEVIL6CR
CA Enlisted: 2011-11-06
2013-10-31 17:54
They should have waited for ps4 to come out, ps3 cant handel it. I cant even play online I freeze every time I use support class. The server search is rancid. so many problems with bf4.
Give me your tears you Muslim radical killer.
Endofosho
US Enlisted: 2012-02-20
2013-10-31 17:59
I would hate if I was bad to.