2013-11-20 19:42
I dont think that could work. Screen is too small. :/
XinsaX
AR Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-11-20 19:59 , edited 2013-11-20 20:03 by XinsaX
TheHelgon said:
joedeveloper said:
XinsaX said:
Well I found some issues with the app tested on my Samsung Galaxy SIII 9300 and my ASUS Transformer TF700T.
- The app runs way to laggy. In the first version it was a little better, smoother. But after the two updates is worst.
- You need to fix the resolution of the app cause when I tap the "COMMANDER" in the menu appear the info that I need to install the commander app but the button below the legend doesn't enter in the white square. So, you need to fix the resolution for some tablets like the Transformer TF700T.
- I couldn't join not even once remotely with my S3 nor the TF700T. I had the Origin and the Battlelog opened and loged in my PC but always fails. And it repeat the legend that I need to have Origin and Battlelog opened in the computer (which they were on).
- Another issue with the leaderboards using my TF700T, I can't see in the list the players 29th and 30th. The 29th I get to see just the upper part of the fonts and the 30th player it's not vissible at all. Again, that's a resolution issue.
- Battlescreen when I'm playing in the PC never ends loading in any device. I tried with the S3 and the tablet TF700T but never loads.

Again, I'm not a rage kid (in fact I have 31) so I won't insult the work of you guys. I love the game even though when sometimes it feels broken (no marker with friendly, crashes, server crashes, sound failure, texture glitchs in distance, etc) but I have to say here in the case of Battlelog & Commander apps even though you say that you "love Android users as much as iOS users" that doesn't seem right. Android has a really buggy version of the app and limited. It'd be awesome if you guys fix all this issues and give us -the Android users- a better and propper app.

Hope you consider all my feedback about the issues.
You're referring to the Battlelog app not the commander app. Wrong thread, great suggestions for a different DICE team.
What he says :) All great feedback, I suggest you post it in the Battlelog feedback forum.

Oh! Ok, the thing is that I didn't find the official thread about Battlelog for tablets. And I still find some random threads but not the official.

Is this the correct thread?
joedeveloper
BY Enlisted: 2012-01-14
2013-11-20 20:12
XinsaX said:
TheHelgon said:
joedeveloper said:
XinsaX said:
Well I found some issues with the app tested on my Samsung Galaxy SIII 9300 and my ASUS Transformer TF700T.
- The app runs way to laggy. In the first version it was a little better, smoother. But after the two updates is worst.
- You need to fix the resolution of the app cause when I tap the "COMMANDER" in the menu appear the info that I need to install the commander app but the button below the legend doesn't enter in the white square. So, you need to fix the resolution for some tablets like the Transformer TF700T.
- I couldn't join not even once remotely with my S3 nor the TF700T. I had the Origin and the Battlelog opened and loged in my PC but always fails. And it repeat the legend that I need to have Origin and Battlelog opened in the computer (which they were on).
- Another issue with the leaderboards using my TF700T, I can't see in the list the players 29th and 30th. The 29th I get to see just the upper part of the fonts and the 30th player it's not vissible at all. Again, that's a resolution issue.
- Battlescreen when I'm playing in the PC never ends loading in any device. I tried with the S3 and the tablet TF700T but never loads.

Again, I'm not a rage kid (in fact I have 31) so I won't insult the work of you guys. I love the game even though when sometimes it feels broken (no marker with friendly, crashes, server crashes, sound failure, texture glitchs in distance, etc) but I have to say here in the case of Battlelog & Commander apps even though you say that you "love Android users as much as iOS users" that doesn't seem right. Android has a really buggy version of the app and limited. It'd be awesome if you guys fix all this issues and give us -the Android users- a better and propper app.

Hope you consider all my feedback about the issues.
You're referring to the Battlelog app not the commander app. Wrong thread, great suggestions for a different DICE team.
What he says :) All great feedback, I suggest you post it in the Battlelog feedback forum.
Oh! Ok, the thing is that I didn't find the official thread about Battlelog for tablets. And I still find some random threads but not the official.

Is this the correct thread?

I'd suggest posting in the general forum over here. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/view/2832654624694387963/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
DCUArchimedes
US Enlisted: 2013-10-05
2013-11-20 20:17
So, regarding the odd glitch that lowers our skill level by insane amounts, when will it be resolved? To be honest, I could care less about when it happens, but when it does, will we be able to regain our lost skill level? I think it would be ridiculous if we didn't, because I joined a very late game, immediately lost, and received -12 skill for my luck. Please, I would really appreciate some sort of fix!
SethSetsStandard
Enlisted: 2013-07-23
2013-11-20 21:09
I have a windows 8 tablet; can i get commander mode, or minimap on it; if so how?
Tablet has ful version of windows 8
Sarlaq
Enlisted: 2013-02-15
2013-11-20 21:22
I was hoping that I would be able to use this app on my Note 2 phone...are there any chances this will be possible in the future?
TheHelgon
SE Enlisted: 2013-03-05
2013-11-20 21:41
DCUArchimedes said:
So, regarding the odd glitch that lowers our skill level by insane amounts, when will it be resolved? To be honest, I could care less about when it happens, but when it does, will we be able to regain our lost skill level? I think it would be ridiculous if we didn't, because I joined a very late game, immediately lost, and received -12 skill for my luck. Please, I would really appreciate some sort of fix!

Yeah I know the bug with loosing skill when commanding is super annoying, we hate to see people shy away from playing Commander because of it. We have it solved already, it will go live with the next patch that comes out (soon, got no exact ETA). As for regaining skill already lost, that can only be done by playing and playing well enough to make in increase.
Designer @ DICE
Killerknast
DK Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-11-20 22:03
Cant downloade commander mode for android? ???why???
JNellyBoi
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-11-20 22:09
Will this be on any versions of the Windows Surface tablets? I use the Windows Surface RT and theres no Battlelog app, so I was curious if you guys had any plans at all with windows tablets.
joedeveloper
2013-11-20 22:16
PRODOGY_V2 said:
Will this be on any versions of the Windows Surface tablets? I use the Windows Surface RT and theres no Battlelog app, so I was curious if you guys had any plans at all with windows tablets.

Answered several times in this thread. They said not at this time are there any plans.
FalI3n
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-24
PRODOGY_V2 said:

No, stated many times. RT is dropped dead.

Killerknast said:
Cant downloade commander mode for android? ???why???

Because DICE is taking sweet time to develop it while iOS version was already released.
eXcDrake
US Enlisted: 2013-10-03
TheHelgon said:
DCUArchimedes said:
Yeah I know the bug with loosing skill when commanding is super annoying, we hate to see people shy away from playing Commander because of it. We have it solved already, it will go live with the next patch that comes out (soon, got no exact ETA). As for regaining skill already lost, that can only be done by playing and playing well enough to make in increase.

This is good news, I will use the app if this update works.
If you're thinking about buying Battlefront, watch this first: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/eXc%20Drake/video/12909329
ellijah05
US Enlisted: 2013-05-15
2013-11-20 22:18
will u release for kindle fire please
joedeveloper
2013-11-20 22:22
ellijah05 said:
will u release for kindle fire please

Read the original page, does it meet the minimum requirements?

Screen sizes 7” and up
1ghz dual core
1024mb ram
1024x600 resolution
Android 4.0.3 or newer
Access to the Google Play store
Dutts_17
GB Enlisted: 2012-12-19
2013-11-20 22:48 , edited 2013-11-20 22:51 by Dutts_17
The commander mode has to be one of the best features of battlefield 4 by far but… i want to know what are you doing to promote people to listen to the commander. It's so frustrating as a commander when you can see the whole battlefield, and if squad leaders would just go to capture an objective when you tell them to then you can help the team control the map. BUT… you only give them 50 points i believe. Whats the point. Something needs to be done to get people working together and not lone wolfs. It ruins the experience for me.

Here i am looking forward to be able to play commander, and all i have to look forward to is just watching some arrows travel around the screen doing what they want and having absolutely no impact on the game at all because why do people need to listen to the one person who can see the whole battle???

Also, another big issue i believe, just the pure lack of input i have as a commander in terms of what i can do on some game modes like rush and obliteration. When i can't direct squads to take objectives, all i am left to do is: UAV scan, EMP scan. Thats it basically. Really? I thought this was supposed to be revolutionary. Why can't i have cruise missiles on every map/game mode? Why can't i drop lav/tanks instead of crappy quads? I expected more from you dice…

Oh and i'm not sure if you're aware but there seems to be a glitch on the commander mode (tablet and console, probably PC as well) where for example i use the cruise missile, then i can't use it again. However it comes back when the base is lost and re-captured. Same with the AC130 i noticed as well.
I don't know what this is?
Solidmorph
NI Enlisted: 2012-03-08
2013-11-20 22:58
Dutts_17 said:
Oh and i'm not sure if you're aware but there seems to be a glitch on the commander mode (tablet and console, probably PC as well) where for example i use the cruise missile, then i can't use it again. However it comes back when the base is lost and re-captured. Same with the AC130 i noticed as well.

Thats the way its supossed to work. You get acces to a given asset depending on the flags your team owns.
Dutts_17
GB Enlisted: 2012-12-19
2013-11-20 23:00 , edited 2013-11-20 23:01 by Dutts_17
Yeah, we have the flag, i use the missile. Then i can't use the missile again. However, sometimes that doesn't happen at all and i can use a missile consecutively without losing the objectives. Implying that it seems to be a glitch
I don't know what this is?
Bleeding_Irish
US Enlisted: 2011-12-18
2013-11-20 23:03
TheHelgon said:
DCUArchimedes said:

This...

This is amazing. Thank you! Commander mode is a necessary tool in multiplayer but many tend to shy away due to the terribad skill rank loss.

BBLog Pro.
You've got to aim down the sights.
TheHelgon
SE Enlisted: 2013-03-05
2013-11-20 23:54
*Silently sneaks into the forum*

"I'm just going to leave this here"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.warsawcommander_row [play.google.com]
(Note: Will probably take another 1-2 hours for the link to work / app to appear, official announcements will go out first thing tomorrow)

*Sneaks away*
Designer @ DICE
joedeveloper
2013-11-21 00:01 , edited 2013-11-21 00:03 by joedeveloper
TheHelgon said:
*Silently sneaks into the forum*

"I'm just going to leave this here"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.warsawcommander_row [play.google.com]
(Note: Will probably take another 1-2 hours for the link to work / app to appear, official announcements will go out first thing tomorrow)

*Sneaks away*

OMG YES!!! Noooo!!! "Server Error"

But yes I read what you posted, so I'll be F5'ing like no one else lol

Thread is locked.