Users on 32-bit operating systems have reported problems with installing the Battlelog web plugin and using Google Chrome. We're working to have this issue resolved before the end of the week. Affected users are encouraged to temporarily use another web browser.

Gunner Proximity scan Bugged/broken

lII-Death-IlI
US Enlisted: 2013-11-06
2013-12-18 05:16
Has anyone noticed that gunner proximity doesn't work? I've tried pressing every single button to make it work and checked the map consistently to see if it picks up any enemy players. and It seems to not scan anything at all, let alone preventing you getting c4'ed. It be nice to know if anyone else is having this problem cause i took this perk consistently in my tank in BF3.
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H | I7 3570k @4.8ghz/1.3v | EVGA GTX780 TI ACX Classified | 16Gb Corsair vengeance 1866 mhz | Intel RTS2011LC liquid cooler | Creative ZXR sound card | Samsung Evo 500GB SSD | Corsair 700Gs psu | Air Series SP120 AF/SP | NZXT phantom Mid-Tower |
NyxClarity
SG Enlisted: 2012-01-11
2013-12-18 05:22
likewise. there shouldn't be any button to "activate" it though. as per bf3. then again, pray hard your secondary gunner scouts and spots those c4 ppl before you get killed. haha.
lII-Death-IlI
US Enlisted: 2013-11-06
2013-12-18 05:24
Yeah I know usually proximity does not take any buttons to trigger, and is basically always on but its annoying that one of the best tank perks don't even work in BF4
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H | I7 3570k @4.8ghz/1.3v | EVGA GTX780 TI ACX Classified | 16Gb Corsair vengeance 1866 mhz | Intel RTS2011LC liquid cooler | Creative ZXR sound card | Samsung Evo 500GB SSD | Corsair 700Gs psu | Air Series SP120 AF/SP | NZXT phantom Mid-Tower |
Greysand22
US Enlisted: 2012-11-14
2013-12-18 05:27
I agree with it being locked to the gunner seat.

I agree with it not picking up stationary enemies.

I disagree with it basically sucking.

I think it needs a range increase or something cause by the time the enemy shows up on your mini map from prox scan...he already has 2 C4 attached to your tank.
KingBarbeaubot
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-12-18 05:33
I think the main issue with all proximity scans on vehicles is that they are completely ignored by the Recon's Spec Ops squad specialization. Since they count as a motion sensor, that really gives Recons waaaaaay too much leeway in sneaking up on vehicles, since they no longer have to crouch way, and can essentially just run up to you and plant the c4.
agunzi1
NZ Enlisted: 2011-11-06
2013-12-18 07:23
This needs to be pinned until they fix it, you now have 2 classes that can use C4 so what do they do? They take Prox scan out??!! ( and the gunner one doesnt even work ) so theres no use in getting in a vehicle now.

So for a game that prides itself on using vehicles as well as infantry, you have pretty much taken away the advantage the tanks etc had, its just a moving death trap now. Waste of time getting in one.

I appreciate that they are trying to fix the game, but this is a big issue that needs addressing also.

( copied and pasted from another thread, needs as much exposure as it can get )
Greysand22
US Enlisted: 2012-11-14
2013-12-18 07:25
agunzi1 said:
This needs to be pinned until they fix it, you now have 2 classes that can use C4 so what do they do? They take Prox scan out??!! ( and the gunner one doesnt even work ) so theres no use in getting in a vehicle now.

So for a game that prides itself on using vehicles as well as infantry, you have pretty much taken away the advantage the tanks etc had, its just a moving death trap now. Waste of time getting in one.

I appreciate that they are trying to fix the game, but this is a big issue that needs addressing also.

Dude...nobody is going to take you seriously if you just post a bunch nonsense hyperbole.

If you honestly think a tank is just a moving death trap you need to work on your skills bro or just leave the tanks for people who can use em.
agunzi1
NZ Enlisted: 2011-11-06
2013-12-18 07:39
Greysand22 said:
agunzi1 said:

Dude...nobody is going to take you seriously if you just post a bunch nonsense hyperbole.

If you honestly think a tank is just a moving death trap you need to work on your skills bro or just leave the tanks for people who can use em.

Yeah thats what we need, sarcasm, fixes everything............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ see.