Thread ist gesperrt.

Thermal vision on vehicles completely broken.

MyOdessa
US Angeworben: 2011-10-27
2015-05-27 01:36
Thermal vision on vehicles is completely broken now. Worse then after March patch. Driving vehicles with thermal now is like driving in milky fog, landscape features are completely washed out. Thermal is totally useless now.

With every update EA makes BF4 worse and worse. EA can't fix what need fixing, but really good in breaking what works just fine.
Nietzscheese
AU Angeworben: 2011-10-24
2015-05-27 02:05
I think its balanced.

It is still extremely effective at spotting enemy -- perhaps MORE effective. However now you need to use some skill and flick between modes frequently to get the full picture.

It adds a downside to thermal (difficult to see world objects) where previously there was none.
CrookBond
Angeworben: 2012-09-29
2015-05-27 02:12
I agree with MyOdessa. Its unbearable and puts too much strain on the eyes due to no contrast at all.
SzikraTheDragon
HU Angeworben: 2011-10-31
2015-05-27 02:14
At first I thought it was bad, but after a few matches, I have to say it is much better now. No unnecessary stuff showing up, only targets. I keep switching between normal and the thermal optics and have a very good time spotting everything. Nothing can hide actually....
Keeping up the semblance of work, even at the cost of working.
-----MULIG4N----
AR Angeworben: 2012-12-01
2015-05-27 03:27 , bearbeitet 2015-05-27 03:27 von -----MULIG4N----
Fix the thermal DICE!

Put the original thermal like in battlefield 4 v1 November 1, 2013
Nietzscheese
AU Angeworben: 2011-10-24
2015-05-27 04:23
SzikraTheDragon said:
At first I thought it was bad, but after a few matches, I have to say it is much better now. No unnecessary stuff showing up, only targets. I keep switching between normal and the thermal optics and have a very good time spotting everything. Nothing can hide actually....

Yup, it just requires switching. At first I was like "WTF!", then quickly realised it is easier to see the enemy. To get around obstacles, just click it off.

It has added balance to the scope and I use thermal non-stop.
einexile
US Angeworben: 2011-11-25
2015-05-27 04:59
Polite reminder that this is an accessibility issue.
xKRISBUDx
US Angeworben: 2011-10-25
2015-05-27 07:22
its pretty bad now
Perseverance - our greatest glory lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail. Honor resides in the Soul, does not matter where one is from.. how they speak.. or how they look..
DoG-J3D1
AU Angeworben: 2012-01-02
2015-05-27 07:46
I think it is their first crack at balancing thermal & IR again, it was getting out of hand with everyone running it.
Same with the FLIR & NV scopes on guns, there is just so many people using them on daylight maps, it reminds me of when BF3 launched and everyone used Night Vision on day time maps.
486 DX 66mhz , 512 KB RAM, 20MB HDD , 1MB FDD, 3DFX Voodoo GPU 2MB, Sound Blaster 16 bit, Windows 3.1
SHOOTER-BHAI
IN Angeworben: 2011-10-31
2015-05-27 07:48
bad update next to next
चु चु करती आई चिड़िया.. दाल का दाना लायी चिड़िया
Ohim
RO Angeworben: 2013-08-15
2015-05-27 07:48
JD-WA said:
I think it is their first crack at balancing thermal & IR again, it was getting out of hand with everyone running it.
Same with the FLIR & NV scopes on guns, there is just so many people using them on daylight maps, it reminds me of when BF3 launched and everyone used Night Vision on day time maps.

In a game that doesn`t have night maps makes perfect sense to have night vision !!!!! And the people are complaining about thermal vision not night vision.
i7 4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Focusrite Scarlett Solo + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB | 1xSSD Corsair GT 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit
SK_SLO
SI Angeworben: 2013-02-23
2015-05-27 08:05
It's gray, its worse than it was but it's now even more OP than befor patch!
For f* sake you can even see the middle finger on enemies :)

And even with the new advantage I don't like it! It was nicer befor.
HotOL
CH Angeworben: 2015-03-09
2015-05-27 09:10 , bearbeitet 2015-05-27 10:17 von HotOL
Ohim sagte:
JD-WA said:
In a game that doesn`t have night maps makes perfect sense to have night vision !!!!! And the people are complaining about thermal vision not night vision.

This is not correct, you have maps where Infrared (IR) is required like locker and metro and also outside during a Storm with regular arms.. Here the new night vision is crap now. For vehicles i never used Nightvision (Nightvision is not correct, it's infrared vision and can be also user during daytime) but you should also consider.. It's not only a nightvision it's an IR Optic, typical Tanks are using this also to detect other verhicles if hidden in an area. I don't know why always people believe this is only a night vision.

Also the 1x zoom IR is now much better than the Flir 2x Zoom night vision. This doesn't make sense because you loose the Zoom advantage.. Also the IRs are now affected by Smoke/Dust (Metro if you shoot the roof construchtion in the station)/Storm and this should normally not happen because the dust is cold and not hot. In the past this did not impact the IR optics like in reallity.

For people thinking the new patch produces a result how a IR should look like, just look at the picture provided by a less advanced commercial IR coming from Flir here: http://www.flir.com/uploadedImages/CVS_Americas/Cores_and_Components_NEW/Products/Uncooled_Cores/Tau/Tau_Tabs/T640-13mm-SR.jpg [flir.com]

This is now a real flir picture coming from a flir rifle set: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7957/324/1600/1ASuySIRIMg2839723.jpg [photos1.blogger.com] done during daytime and the target is in a smoke cloud.. That's why the flir is famous for and not this stupid result that comes with the Spring Update. It should be forbidden to use the name Flir for this piece of crap developed by dice. Dice just bright everything up but as you see in the bright mode hot spots are dark and not even more brighter.

For people who like movies, the Flir company video show all use scenarios of a Flir device:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ggaEIUDJs [youtube.com]

Do you see the difference? Why iam pissed now, during my battlefield beginning i bought several Goldpacks to get a couple of Flir devices and i liked them.. Now i have this useless crap and yes, i feel cheated now.

From my point of view iam done with Dice and Battlefield games... This and a lot of other modifications coming with the Spring update destroy Battlefield and transform it to a worse copy of CoD. Maybe some people will like it but i will not invest any money in Hardline or future games coming from Dice.

Game balance.. What a joke, everyone can use the same stuff and everyone can decide how they want to play.. In a Jet, in a Tank, on a roof, with a sniper, with an IR or with 20x Zoom. It's not required to make it more balanced.. If you have a Sniper and no C4 a Tank will kill you without any question and if you are driving a Tank a AT Missile will kill you... It's not required to make all weapons to better knives and a Tank to a slow Skateboard or to lock roofs or what ever. If i want a uniform fair play and well balanced game.. You know what? I play chess! (Chess also comes with the advantage that the rules are the same since 800 years.. Nobody modified the Dame as OP, a clear advantage compared to BF4).

Say "hoah" if you want a roll back!

Update: I will inform Flir as vendor that the new update creates a bad product reputation, i hope they will forbid the name use for the future.
jebal_vas_pes
GB Angeworben: 2012-02-03
2015-05-29 16:59
Roll back for flir - I agree
MinkioMan-III
IT Angeworben: 2011-11-01
2015-07-17 11:41
So? Any solution for this terrible thermal view in BF4???
stripiesttable
GB Angeworben: 2014-01-13
2015-07-17 11:48
Thermal is fine
(bad) vehicle whore
Mr_Pettsson
SE Angeworben: 2011-10-27
2015-07-17 11:54
it is good stop trolling. better now then in the beginning

Thread ist gesperrt.
Thread ist gesperrt.