Thread ist gesperrt.

120 Hz TICKRATE - out NOW in some CTE servers

kellar01
LY Angeworben: 2012-11-08
2015-05-09 02:52
sHoWt1mE said:
That overloaded screen kinda reminds me of that one here:

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/fee69244a831335bdde5f7cb62e131c4/dtrjvyd/uIBndeqxk/tumblr_static_9qz1xzo0w4088sw08ws0kks44_1280_v2.jpg [secure.static.tumblr.com]

lmao
MaChiMiB
DE Angeworben: 2011-10-25
2015-05-09 07:23
This high tickrates do not decrease my FPS much. It's working very nice, some bugs are there, but they seem to be fixable.
Venidos
FI Angeworben: 2011-10-25
2015-05-09 07:33
MaChiMiB said:
This high tickrates do not decrease my FPS much. It's working very nice, some bugs are there, but they seem to be fixable.

There are tons of things needed to be fixed and seem to be fixable and yet has been there since the start or been implemented by new patches.

Awesome thing that they FINALLY get the tickrate up just sad that they did not do it in the beginning when EVERYONE were saying that it is what's wrong in the game. Dice's policy was just that "nope". Might have been considering a DLC for the fix who knows.
MaChiMiB
DE Angeworben: 2011-10-25
2015-05-09 11:16
this is really awesome, you have to try it:
CTE 60 Hz NL TDM/Dom: http://cte.battlelog.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/fa9999e1-d504-454a-8071-18715b9ad2b9/OFFICIAL-DOM-TDM-CTE-NL-293943/ [cte.battlelog.com]
LOLGotYerTags
GB Angeworben: 2011-10-27
2015-05-09 11:57
Thekries said:
wootiewoot said:
Funny how CS has a tick rate of 100Hz and the game is a fan made mod from 1999.

Meanwhile at DICE with half a billion dollar operating budget can't even properly implement 60Hz.
Design decisions probably.

2 completely different game engines, 2 completely different coding limitations..
One day, I shall come back... Yes, I shall come back... Until then, There must be no regrets, No tears, No anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, And prove to me I am not mistaken in mine... I'm a Volunteer Forum Moderator and any views and opinions I share are mine and mine only.. Posts that are not blue posted do not officially represent EA/DICE nor their affiliates.
kellar01
2015-05-09 13:59
wootiewoot said:

Meanwhile at DICE with half a billion dollar operating budget can't even properly implement 60Hz.

And CS is a 5v5 with hitscan weapons not a 64player with projectiles and vehicles and destruction and all the fancy graphics.
Mr7Beans
IL Angeworben: 2011-11-12
2015-05-09 14:09
Sounds great, ill join whenever i get back home.
DullahanDhugain1
Angeworben: 2013-01-05
2015-05-09 14:52
its..its beautiful
Parrotfield86
IT Angeworben: 2012-01-17
2015-05-09 14:58
Wow... 120hz tickrate server!?!?!?!? is this real!?!?!?
۩۞۩ Parrotfield 4 Premium ۩۞۩ - ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U NO PREMIUM YET !? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ HOOAH! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ,
URMOMZNUTS
GB Angeworben: 2012-02-16
2015-05-09 15:03
Just had a few around and it does feel a lot better. Though, I still got one shotted a few times.
We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars? - Zapp Brannigan
DoctorBlackson
CA Angeworben: 2014-02-21
2015-05-09 15:48
I was just about to try out the 120hz server but it says the page doesnt exist :/
BenQ XL2411Z 144hz Monitor | 4.5Ghz Core i5-4690k + Corsair H100i | Asus Z97-A | G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB DDR3 RAM 2133mhz (4x4GB) | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 128GB + 480GB Adata SSDs | 1TB WD HDD | Corsair RM750x Gold PSU | Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Headsets | Windows 10 Pro 64bit
ThePoolshark
US Angeworben: 2011-10-25
2015-05-09 15:50
kellar01 said:
wootiewoot said:

And CS is a 5v5 with hitscan weapons not a 64player with projectiles and vehicles and destruction and all the fancy graphics.

i like how people try to use comparisons between cs and bf... two completely different games with a HUGE gap in tech
Unless the above post is blue, it is my opinion. I don't care what you think about it.
triple6ixmafioso
LT Angeworben: 2011-12-25
2015-05-09 16:06
SuperDeluxe7 said:
I was just about to try out the 120hz server but it says the page doesnt exist :/

paste the link in the cte battlelog website, should bring you there
Agrioxiros
GR Angeworben: 2011-10-24
2015-05-09 16:28 , bearbeitet 2015-05-09 16:32 von Agrioxiros
ThePoolshark said:
kellar01 said:
wootiewoot said:

i like how people try to use comparisons between cs and bf... two completely different games with a HUGE gap in tech

And what is EVEN FUNNIER is that the "old" tech game surpasses the "new amazing wonderful astonishing" game even in one thing.
And what a crucial thing that is for a fps game.
When you are dying behind corners, face bullet hit registration problems and so on, you never say oh but it has great levelutions (in some levels).
If there is a flaw in the core of the mechanics the rest don't really matter.
If you burned your food the 10 deserts won't make it taste better.

This update is great don't get me wrong and hope it get's implemented.
But you have to face the facts too and realize eventually that this is not a perfect game and you can't justify it's flaws all the time.
ThePoolshark
2015-05-09 16:33
Agrioxiros said:
ThePoolshark said:
kellar01 said:
wootiewoot said:

And what is EVEN FUNNIER is that the "old" tech game surpasses the "new amazing wonderful astonishing" game even in one thing.
When you are dying behind corners, face bullet hit registration problems and so on, you never say oh but it has great levelutions (in some levels).

But you have to face the facts too and realize eventually that this is not a perfect game and you can't justify it's flaws all the time.

I am not defending BF's networking, but you can't compare the two since people are all dumb about wanting graphics instead of stable game. it is the amount of stuff in the game, and it is not easy to work with...
Unless the above post is blue, it is my opinion. I don't care what you think about it.
kellar01
2015-05-09 16:34
Agrioxiros said:
ThePoolshark said:
kellar01 said:
wootiewoot said:

Show me another game like BF4 with a perfect hit detection ? All the way back at 1942 the hit detection has always been crap in battlefield.
Agrioxiros
2015-05-09 16:44 , bearbeitet 2015-05-09 16:46 von Agrioxiros
ThePoolshark said:
I am not defending BF's networking, but you can't compare the two since people are all dumb about wanting graphics instead of stable game. it is the amount of stuff in the game, and it is not easy to work with...

kellar01 said:
Show me another game like BF4 with a perfect hit detection ? All the way back at 1942 the hit detection has always been crap in battlefield.

And ThePoolshark you are right. One of them appeared instantly. I actually thought that the first thing that should work perfectly on anything is the core mechanics.
And if that is not the case then the product would be characterized as a failure (small or big). From what I see though it seems like I'm the exception. So what can I say. Throw more graphical updates DICE!!!! Who cares about hit registration, tick rates and crap like that. My God... I'm out. Can't adjust to this.
ThePoolshark
2015-05-09 16:46
I agree, games should work fantastic on release... the problem is gamers hate what isn't the prettiest graphics.

For example: Hardline is pretty good with how the network is applied, rarely are there deaths behind walls... but it isn't prettier than BF4, so people didn't buy it.
Ghostrider0067
US Angeworben: 2012-04-01
2015-05-09 16:47
guitargas said:
People really still have 60hz monitors? With the hardware that is available today?

Gonna jump on later after some dayz ;)

Yes, some do. I have more important things to worry about than a faster monitor when this one works just fine: mortgage, car payment, food, etc. My life doesn't revolve around gaming.
Make the right choice from the start: M39 EMR. The DMR standard bearer by which all others are measured. There simply is no substitute.
Agrioxiros
2015-05-09 16:50
ThePoolshark said:
I agree, games should work fantastic on release... the problem is gamers hate what isn't the prettiest graphics.

For example: Hardline is pretty good with how the network is applied, rarely are there deaths behind walls... but it isn't prettier than BF4, so people didn't buy it.

Actually based on what I've read and discussed with other people that is not the reason ppl and myself didn't buy it. Well ppl did buy it but not that much. I could elaborate but don't think it's necessary. Unless Dice has misunderstood and actually needs info on that :p
Also I'm not an expert but isn't the way it works network wise like the BF does? If so they didn't actually do much. If it wasn't for BF4 and CTE, Hardline would have the exact same launch as BF4 did. Broken.

Thread ist gesperrt.
Thread ist gesperrt.