Surround Sound?

bowenac
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-10-30 22:56
Does this game not have surround sound? I changed to hi fi, home cinema nothing makes a difference.

I am using the following.
EVGA 660ti 3GB
Denon 1912
Energy Take Classic 5.1
I149Q
NL Enlisted: 2013-10-28
2013-10-30 22:57
Is surround sound also enabled in your audio panel?
bowenac
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-10-30 22:59 , edited 2013-10-30 22:59 by bowenac
Yes speakers are configured for 5.1 I haven't had problems with other games so that's why I am asking.
wiiguy22
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-10-30 23:00
bowenac said:
Does this game not have surround sound? I changed to hi fi, home cinema nothing makes a difference.

I am using the following.
EVGA 660ti 3GB
Denon 1912
Energy Take Classic 5.1


Surround sound is broken right now, not only does it not work it actually has a bug where you will lose sound entirely or only get no effect audio at all. Wait until they patch it
bowenac
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-10-30 23:02
wiiguy22 said:
bowenac said:
Does this game not have surround sound? I changed to hi fi, home cinema nothing makes a difference.

I am using the following.
EVGA 660ti 3GB
Denon 1912
Energy Take Classic 5.1
Surround sound is broken right now, not only does it not work it actually has a bug where you will lose sound entirely or only get no effect audio at all. Wait until they patch it



Do you have a source for this? Or is this your thoughts?
wiiguy22
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-10-30 23:06
bowenac said:
wiiguy22 said:
bowenac said:
Does this game not have surround sound? I changed to hi fi, home cinema nothing makes a difference.

I am using the following.
EVGA 660ti 3GB
Denon 1912
Energy Take Classic 5.1
Surround sound is broken right now, not only does it not work it actually has a bug where you will lose sound entirely or only get no effect audio at all. Wait until they patch it
Do you have a source for this? Or is this your thoughts?


It's my experience, on any other audio setting the issue is non existent
S1eB
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-10-30 23:08
Surround sound is working for me.

5.1 surround sound system btw.
DX11 vs Mantle AMD 14.2 - http://bit.ly/ODFPHe \-(*_*)-/ How To Record BF4 Mantle Gameplay - http://bit.ly/1mNcqsQ ^-(*_*)-+
bowenac
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-10-30 23:21
S1eB said:
Surround sound is working for me.

5.1 surround sound system btw.


What audio setting are you using and what is displayed on your receiver? What do you have for surround sound?
h3rbst3r
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-10-30 23:24
I have also found this to be an issue. Currently the only audio option that sounds good is war tapes...
S1eB
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-10-30 23:25 , edited 2013-10-30 23:25 by S1eB
bowenac said:
S1eB said:
Surround sound is working for me.

5.1 surround sound system btw.
What audio setting are you using and what is displayed on your receiver? What do you have for surround sound?


I use this

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=HTS3300/12&scy=nl&slg=en [p4c.philips.com]

hooked up to my PC with a optical cable, It's set up to run Dolby Surround 5.1.

In game settings are set to home theatre.
DX11 vs Mantle AMD 14.2 - http://bit.ly/ODFPHe \-(*_*)-/ How To Record BF4 Mantle Gameplay - http://bit.ly/1mNcqsQ ^-(*_*)-+
blahdamon
US Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2013-10-30 23:27
h3rbst3r said:
I have also found this to be an issue. Currently the only audio option that sounds good is war tapes...


war tapes or nothing imo. best sound quality. i use surround sound too.
beeyanhamadaa
Enlisted: 2012-07-07
2013-10-30 23:29
blahdamon said:
h3rbst3r said:
I have also found this to be an issue. Currently the only audio option that sounds good is war tapes...
war tapes or nothing imo. best sound quality. i use surround sound too.


War tapes is the poorest sound quality that just inflates the bass. Noobs tend to mistake lots of bass for audio quality.


@OP, you need to make sure your entire setup is 5.1 capable. With my integrated mobo audio, it couldn't push out 5.1 sound via SPDIF since Realtek didn't support whatever encoding format BF3/4 used.
3770k @ 5.0Ghz, GTX 680 Lightning SLI, Intel 520 SSD raid 0 (480 gb total), 32 GB DDR3 @ 2133, Func MS-3 mouse, Realforce 87U 45g, Razer Destructor II mousepad. HT eClaro Soundcard, Denon D2000 headphones (Lawton Audio Level 3 Upgrade), Sony Bravia 5.1 speakers. 27" Dell IPS @ 85 Hz.
blahdamon
US Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2013-10-30 23:29 , edited 2013-10-30 23:31 by blahdamon
MrCrackers said:
blahdamon said:
h3rbst3r said:
I have also found this to be an issue. Currently the only audio option that sounds good is war tapes...
war tapes or nothing imo. best sound quality. i use surround sound too.
War tapes is the poorest sound quality that just inflates the bass. Noobs tend to mistake lots of bass for audio quality.


@OP, you need to make sure your entire setup is 5.1 capable. With my integrated mobo audio, it couldn't push out 5.1 sound via SPDIF since Realtek didn't support whatever encoding format BF3/4 used.


lol no i can hear the difference so your opinion is ignorant about what i can hear on my own sound system. to each his own , and i use a realtek integrated audio and it sounds amazing as it works at 24 bit/192k. so you keep on telling yourself that :D
LaGgY_42o
US Enlisted: 2012-01-02
2013-10-30 23:33
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty & Logitech Z-5500, 5.1 doesn't work for me either, standing next to a teammate and slowing spinning his shooting sound doesn't travel around all 5 speakers.
beeyanhamadaa
Enlisted: 2012-07-07
2013-10-30 23:40
LaGgY_42o said:
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty & Logitech Z-5500, 5.1 doesn't work for me either, standing next to a teammate and slowing spinning his shooting sound doesn't travel around all 5 speakers.


I would suggest clearing out your BF4 settings folder (make a backup first, obviously). For me (eClaro + a cheapo Bravia setup using SPDIF), it configured itself for suround sound out of the gate. Also make sure you don't use 24 / 192, try 16 / 48 in the sound card settings.
3770k @ 5.0Ghz, GTX 680 Lightning SLI, Intel 520 SSD raid 0 (480 gb total), 32 GB DDR3 @ 2133, Func MS-3 mouse, Realforce 87U 45g, Razer Destructor II mousepad. HT eClaro Soundcard, Denon D2000 headphones (Lawton Audio Level 3 Upgrade), Sony Bravia 5.1 speakers. 27" Dell IPS @ 85 Hz.
bowenac
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-11-01 02:37
Well it looks like the game only does PCM. So stereo to all speakers. Why don't more pc games support DD, DTS, etc. Every game I play on my PS3, or 360 my receiver auto picks it up as DD or DTS depending on the game.

So for anyone who is actually using a receiver denon, onkyo etc. What does your receiver display as the audio signal? You people with your 5.1 surround sound headsets are not getting real 5.1 but virtual or you don't know the difference of positional audio vs stereo to all speakers haha.
Chuan-The-Fist
US Enlisted: 2013-11-03
2013-11-04 02:23
HDMI output to a receiver works fine for me. my b&w speakers rock this game. sniper rifles slam the front and fade to the back. I have my vid card encode the sound instead of having the receiver do the audio processing. I do home cinema mode.
DrunkenNinjaX
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-12-17 19:00
Surround not working for me either.

Setting to Surround just results in losing the middle and rear channels. Amp only reporting Stereo input (DTS, etc. work fine in films played on the PC). Amp and Realtek on-board card both capable of running everything up to 192Khz/24bit.

Also when using my Logitech G35 headset it doesn't report as surround, only stereo.

I'm aware of several other players having the same issue.

FYI changing the sound quality does nothing to help this problem and nor did editing the GstAudio.SoundSystemSize in PROFSAVE_profile (as has been suggested by some other forums).
Hodor_Cometh
Enlisted: 2011-11-09
2013-12-24 10:55 , edited 2013-12-24 10:55 by Hodor_Cometh
wiiguy22 said:
bowenac said:
Does this game not have surround sound? I changed to hi fi, home cinema nothing makes a difference.

I am using the following.
EVGA 660ti 3GB
Denon 1912
Energy Take Classic 5.1
Surround sound is broken right now, not only does it not work it actually has a bug where you will lose sound entirely or only get no effect audio at all. Wait until they patch it

Will it take months before the patch arrives?
kablamoman
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-12-24 11:40
Surround is working fine for me -- are you n00bs sure your windows sound speaker settings are configured properly for 5.1?

Do this, and then confirm you are using surround mode (not stereo) in the in-game audio options.

I can't speak to those trying to use an external amplifier to process a dolby surround or DTS signal -- where does the game say it can output to either or those formats???