Enlisted: 2013-05-10
2014-06-08 17:02
I get the same message on all the drivers I go on
jackychan4899
Enlisted: 2012-12-05
2014-06-15 03:13
Tom1561 sagte:
Exorcistares said:
Dammm ppl, stop posting that u have the same problem, etc... just post the solution or shut up >.>
Solution buy a new Graphics card.

Doesn't work, I went from a gtx 690 to a gtx 780 ti and it still has the issue
WingsOfWar3
IL Enlisted: 2013-03-11
2014-07-05 09:54
Mohd-62 said:
just turn off full screen ,that worked for me :)

when i play in window i have a different nvidia crush
JamsB0nd
Enlisted: 2013-10-06
2014-07-10 21:00
same problem but not resolve yet :(
klopers33
GB Enlisted: 2014-03-29
2014-07-12 20:25
have same issue as spacions - i think its gpu overheating , i've reference cooling will install accelero twin turbo 3 soon and then will see if it fixed problem
defconnet
Enlisted: 2013-12-13
2014-07-28 02:43
same problem but not resolve yet :(
Royal_T4rt_Toter
US Enlisted: 2013-11-05
2014-08-02 15:29
I get this too as of today, just installed a 780 ti. Why are we on a BF4 Beta board though?
GeoHK
ES Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2014-08-03 09:10
No solution at moment...
I allready tried, update bios, vbios, drivers, volts, clocks, memory, window, resolution, files, etc etc etc.
And i get boring to try everything...

I have i7 4770k, gtx 780ti, ssd, 16 ram....of course i can play others games like watch dogs, arma 3, etc perfectly....so that means its a bf4 problem.
WhatsTheKraken
US Enlisted: 2012-06-20
2014-08-03 21:52
What,i thought im only one with this problem,so there is no solution for this? Right now?
i5-3570K,R9 290 Gigabyte 4GB ram DDR5,64GB SSD,16GB RAM 2TB Corsair 600W
GeoHK
2014-08-04 08:56
Waartekk said:
What,i thought im only one with this problem,so there is no solution for this? Right now?

No, this error affect so many people....and you can read a lot of "posible solution" but no one works.
I call EA service and they even dont know repair it.
We only can play 2 min, 10 min, 2 hour....1 day.....becouse its a aleatory error in time....
WhatsTheKraken
US Enlisted: 2012-06-20
2014-08-04 11:13
IDK,yesterday i reinstalled windows and launch BF4 and it crash with this error,bf3 too..
i5-3570K,R9 290 Gigabyte 4GB ram DDR5,64GB SSD,16GB RAM 2TB Corsair 600W
GeoHK
2014-08-08 13:10
Well guys, i fix the problem, or i think so....work for two days and i hope dont have it more...
i have 780ti gpu.

My solution is:
1-install msi afterburner and change the fan curve, i was playing with 80º, and now with 55º at 65%--70% fan working.
2-And prioritize "power limit" to "temp".
Thats fix my crashes...

I hope, it work for all fo u hace this shit error.

Repeat, at moment 2 days without crashes...i hope dont have it more...

PD:
famunda
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2014-08-12 20:26
listen the cards have nothing to do with it! ie. the type of card.
I have 2 460's in sli and have this problem and have seen about 4 or 5 different cards mentioned so far so it is not the type of card.
secondly, I am highly doubtful it has to do with temps because I get this fuckin error right at "STARTUP" before my cards have even "warmed" up!
it seems that it will shut my game down maybe twice then I can game for maybe 3 hours with zero problem!
if it were a temp issue it would only get worse!
TRIZOultro
US Enlisted: 2014-01-31
2014-08-18 06:25
EDIT: I believe I fixed it. For now. Played 10 matches in a row with no crash. Before it would occur every 1-3 matches lasting longer or shorter depending on how low or high I set the graphics. Then, I decided to try something -- disable the GPU's included software from managing the game's graphics. For me the software is NVIDIA GeForce Experience. So from now on I manage graphics for the game from within the game only. It has been working without a single DirectX error "GetDeviceRemovedReason" or any other crashes. If that doesn't fix it for you, then there is something else I did that you might have to do as well which is this -- for NVIDIA cards, I went into the NVIDIA Control Panel ( then go under Manage 3D Settings) and turned Vertical Sync on as "Adaptive" and Ambient Occlusion on as "Performance" although I heard the "Quality" setting would work too. I've been playing so far on the BF4's medium setting, now I'm going to see if it still runs steady on BF4's high setting (with my PC it should be able to). If it continues going great then now we know the cause. Bad software to game and game to software connection.

PREVIOUS POST: I've tried several "fixes" and workarounds. Nothing. Browsed forums and videos for literally hours. I refuse to underclock my card. It's a GTX660 and it is NOT factory overclocked. My computer was working a few months ago with this game. Then I went from a uATX size motherboard and AMD Phenom II x4 945 CPU and a Corsair CX600 bronze rated power supply to the specs I have listed now. After I put my PC back together I noticed this error. BUT I realized it wasn't because of the hardware switch, it's because during that switch the June 3rd update occurred. No other graphically intense game has a problem running on my PC including benchmark software that I've also ran. The error is BF4/Origin and DirectX related; the error states this in its pop-up. People with all kinds of setups have this issue. Whether they are running Windows 8 or Windows 7. Whether they are using AMD, NVIDIA, or Intel graphics. It spares no one. So it's up to these guys to fix the problem. Please EA/DICE spend the resources and time necessary to fix this instead of brushing it off and moving on to the next project.

Asus Z97-A motherboard
Intel i5 4690 3.5GHz central processing unit
PNY NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 graphics processing unit
8GB 1333MHz random-access memory
TEAM L3 240GB solid state drive
Corsair HX650 power supply unit
Windows 8.1 operating system
SYP_HITMAN_V
US Enlisted: 2011-11-16
2014-08-21 18:04
This problem occurs when "Ambient Occlusion" is disabled in the Nvidia Control Panel. If you disabled it within the NCP the Graphics Engine will report an error due to missing command sets. Just disable it in Battlefield 3 (Video Settings - Ambient Occlusion Off) or set it to "Performance" or "Quality" settings in the NPC.
Siriusnator
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2014-08-25 00:21
I changed Ambient Occlusion to Performance and V Sync to Adaptive, played 3 matchs and no crash at all! I hope the error is gone for now.
Shurdaman
SE Enlisted: 2012-11-28
2014-08-25 16:24
TRIZOultro said:
EDIT: I believe I fixed it. For now. Played 10 matches in a row with no crash. Before it would occur every 1-3 matches lasting longer or shorter depending on how low or high I set the graphics. Then, I decided to try something -- disable the GPU's included software from managing the game's graphics. For me the software is NVIDIA GeForce Experience. So from now on I manage graphics for the game from within the game only. It has been working without a single DirectX error "GetDeviceRemovedReason" or any other crashes. If that doesn't fix it for you, then there is something else I did that you might have to do as well which is this -- for NVIDIA cards, I went into the NVIDIA Control Panel ( then go under Manage 3D Settings) and turned Vertical Sync on as "Adaptive" and Ambient Occlusion on as "Performance" although I heard the "Quality" setting would work too. I've been playing so far on the BF4's medium setting, now I'm going to see if it still runs steady on BF4's high setting (with my PC it should be able to). If it continues going great then now we know the cause. Bad software to game and game to software connection.

PREVIOUS POST: I've tried several "fixes" and workarounds. Nothing. Browsed forums and videos for literally hours. I refuse to underclock my card. It's a GTX660 and it is NOT factory overclocked. My computer was working a few months ago with this game. Then I went from a uATX size motherboard and AMD Phenom II x4 945 CPU and a Corsair CX600 bronze rated power supply to the specs I have listed now. After I put my PC back together I noticed this error. BUT I realized it wasn't because of the hardware switch, it's because during that switch the June 3rd update occurred. No other graphically intense game has a problem running on my PC including benchmark software that I've also ran. The error is BF4/Origin and DirectX related; the error states this in its pop-up. People with all kinds of setups have this issue. Whether they are running Windows 8 or Windows 7. Whether they are using AMD, NVIDIA, or Intel graphics. It spares no one. So it's up to these guys to fix the problem. Please EA/DICE spend the resources and time necessary to fix this instead of brushing it off and moving on to the next project.

Asus Z97-A motherboard

I changed the settings as you said, will try it now! I'll come back and say if it worked
TRIZOultro
US Enlisted: 2014-01-31
2014-09-01 02:34
Shurdaman said:
TRIZOultro said:

Asus Z97-A motherboard
I changed the settings as you said, will try it now! I'll come back and say if it worked

UPDATE: It crashed once for me after changing the in-game settings to High. Sigh. So it's not necessarily a fix like I thought it was. Went back to Medium on the in-game settings and I can play to my heart's content though. Hours upon hours. Still not a single crash.
JPESQ
MX Enlisted: 2014-01-05
2014-10-02 03:18
i think i have finally SOLVED the problem for my case, I have just played 2 complete conquest games (1 hour more or less) without a single crash. Before this fix I wasn't able to play for more than 10 minutes...

I have the newest driver from Nvidia (344.11) and what I think solved the problem is to let Nvidia's software "Geforce Experience" to optimize Battlefield 4. The software basically customizes your video settings for your GPU in order for the game to be "optimal".

I don't know if this makes any difference, but I also have the user.cfg file in my program files and I also set the program settings in nvidia control panel to prefer maximum performance. I had tried this fixes before the Geforce Experience thing and they didn't worked, but I don't know, I just want to leave things how they are.

I play in a laptop with GT755m in SLI (x2), 8gb ram, i5 4200M and Windows 8.1 (64bits). I don't overclock or underclock anything, I have enough problems with heat as it is by default.

Hope this helps.
Dirtysocks87
Enlisted: 2014-09-24
2014-11-13 19:16
Enable Vsync guys :)
When i turned off Vsync i was getting the same error.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.