Balancing vehicles

CentauriOne
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-11-27 20:28 , edited 2013-11-27 21:54 by CentauriOne
Where does the problem lie?
One word. Concord.

Vehicles aren't tuned to each other. One does better than the other at everything, while one has pro's and con's.
Like tuning every string except one. "Oh, one string, what does it matter?". When in reality, this one string is going to screw up your song/track.

What is the problem?

Let's look at this:

Attack Chopper<Scout Chopper
Stealth Jet<Attack Jet

If we propose the fact that everything DOES have pro's and con's, then the above statement should not be true.
But it is. Then something is wrong.

The Attack Jet has the same speed and maneuverability that the Stealth Jet has, yet the Attack Jet has better chain guns for starters than the Stealth Jet.
This is giving something that is equally powerful as the opposing jet a better advantage, unbalancing the game.
Something I see a lot, are Stealth Jets, lying at the base, not being operated.
To be honest, i would choose the Attack Jet over the Stealth Jet, simply because i feel the Stealth Jet is not powerful enough to destroy anything.

How can we solve this?

Slow down the Attack Jet, or possibly make it suitable for destroying ground-targets only.

Assuming the Attack Jet is kept the same way it is now, it can destroy ground-targets and air targets easily.

One of these air targets are the AC130. The AC130 has no AA gun to defend itself, as well as the very weak guns, except the main cannon.
If the AC130's weapons are made stronger, it can at least do something in comparison to not being able to dish out a lot of damage.
But then, should you lessen the strength of the A Jet, or should you strengthen the AC130?


We can see that the Attack Jet is the center of many problems, so weaken it's guns, or lessen its maneuverability.

By performing this change, Stealth Jets dominate the air, while the Attack Jets can take care of the ground, as well as skilled pilots defending themselves. The AC130 can now persist for a longer amount of time, and can dish out some damage. We should also slow the spawn-interval on it.


The same comes to the Attack Chopper and Scout Chopper.
Now, both rule at what they do, but the Scout Chopper can be repaired.
There are two decisions to fix this:
1) Slow the repair time
2) Weaken the Scout Chopper

I would propose keeping the Scout Chopper how it is, and slowing the repair time, or doing something about the repair.

Now each air-vehicle has a pro and a con.

Attack Jet, very good at destroying ground-targets, suffers in air.
Scout Jet, fast, good at destroying air targets, suffers at destroying ground-targets.
Attack Chopper, good at destroying ground-targets and infantry, suffers at repair.
Scout Chopper, good at repair, suffers at strength.

The AA is something that has been complained about a lot. It is most vulnerable from engineers, but can stay at spawn.
Let's not become to complicated and start adding borders for the AA, instead, give it two heat-seekers instead of four, and even decrease the range on them, so this could encourage them to move into the battlefield! We can now say this:

Mobile AA, very good at destroying air targets, suffers from defending itself from ground-targets.

Assuming this is all done, we can now safely say we are closer to matching and balancing vehicles, as well as giving them con's AND pro's.
Then again, that is all DICE who decides. I am just someone who wishes to make the game a better game.
And, I could be completely wrong, who knows, I am just a single human-being who isn't very smart :D

If you do agree, please support me!
If you disagree, you could argument constructively, or you can possibly ignore this if you feel like you have nothing to say.

Everyone is free to say something.

Thank you!
BA_Tango
US Enlisted: 2012-01-27
2013-11-27 20:33
Stealth Chopper? You mean Scout Chopper?
"God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless." ~Admiral Chester W. Nimitz
CentauriOne
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-11-27 20:35
BA_Tango said:
Stealth Chopper? You mean Scout Chopper?


My bad. Fixed.

Thank you for notifying me.
Nubskrub
US Enlisted: 2012-06-18
2013-11-27 20:35
+1 OP.
"Baddie Xbox can't even hold a lightning strike. Microsoft are you even trying?" - Batmon
The_Violator_NZ
NZ Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2013-11-27 20:35
Your solution to choppers is to make the one decent one useless as well?

2/10 better luck next time.
www.newzealandplatoon.enjin.com
CentauriOne
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-11-27 20:37
The_Violator_NZ said:
Your solution to choppers is to make the one decent one useless as well?

2/10 better luck next time.


The Scout Chopper has no con.
That is why i proposed to make it weaker, not useless.

Hey, atleast it's not 1/10.
The_Violator_NZ
NZ Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2013-11-27 20:38
CentauriGaming said:
The_Violator_NZ said:
Your solution to choppers is to make the one decent one useless as well?

2/10 better luck next time.
The Scout Chopper has no con.
That is why i proposed to make it weaker, not useless.

Hey, atleast it's not 1/10.


But on the other hand, the attack chopper has no pro

I propose making it stronger.

A small nerf on repair time for the scout chopper would be okay, just change it to be the same as bf3 repair times...
www.newzealandplatoon.enjin.com
Nubskrub
US Enlisted: 2012-06-18
2013-11-27 20:38
The_Violator_NZ said:
Your solution to choppers is to make the one decent one useless as well?

2/10 better luck next time.

Scout's - Good for taking out infantry and the ability to be repaired
Attack heli's - Good for taking out ground vehicles and other heli's

Balance!
"Baddie Xbox can't even hold a lightning strike. Microsoft are you even trying?" - Batmon
CentauriOne
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-11-27 20:38
The_Violator_NZ said:
CentauriGaming said:
The_Violator_NZ said:
Your solution to choppers is to make the one decent one useless as well?

2/10 better luck next time.
The Scout Chopper has no con.
That is why i proposed to make it weaker, not useless.

Hey, atleast it's not 1/10.
But on the other hand, the attack chopper has no pro

I propose making it stronger.

A small nerf on repair time for the scout chopper would be okay, just change it to be the same as bf3 repair times...


That is exactly what I proposed.
If i wrote something else, do please notify me.
The_Violator_NZ
NZ Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2013-11-27 20:41
BrinkSan said:
The_Violator_NZ said:
Your solution to choppers is to make the one decent one useless as well?

2/10 better luck next time.
Scout's - Good for taking out infantry and the ability to be repaired
Attack heli's - Good for taking out ground vehicles and other heli's

Balance!


Scout helis, chance to survive more than 15 seconds

attack helis - NO chance to survive more than 10 seconds

balance - I don't think that word means what you think it means...
www.newzealandplatoon.enjin.com
Nubskrub
US Enlisted: 2012-06-18
2013-11-27 20:42
The_Violator_NZ said:
BrinkSan said:
The_Violator_NZ said:
Your solution to choppers is to make the one decent one useless as well?

2/10 better luck next time.
Scout's - Good for taking out infantry and the ability to be repaired
Attack heli's - Good for taking out ground vehicles and other heli's

Balance!
Scout helis, chance to survive more than 15 seconds

attack helis - NO chance to survive more than 10 seconds

balance - I don't think that word means what you think it means...

The only thing heli's need is a countermeasure buff, well, actually ALL vehicles need a countermeasure buff and a slight armor buff on attack choppers.
"Baddie Xbox can't even hold a lightning strike. Microsoft are you even trying?" - Batmon
CentauriOne
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-11-27 20:44
I think they just need to slow the repair time on the Scout Helicopters. That's about it.
The_Violator_NZ
NZ Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2013-11-27 20:44
BrinkSan said:
The_Violator_NZ said:
BrinkSan said:
The_Violator_NZ said:
Your solution to choppers is to make the one decent one useless as well?

2/10 better luck next time.
Scout's - Good for taking out infantry and the ability to be repaired
Attack heli's - Good for taking out ground vehicles and other heli's

Balance!
Scout helis, chance to survive more than 15 seconds

attack helis - NO chance to survive more than 10 seconds

balance - I don't think that word means what you think it means...
The only thing heli's need is a countermeasure buff, well, actually ALL vehicles need a countermeasure buff and a slight armor buff on attack choppers.


No arguments there. I'd go so far as to say that all vehicles need a countermeasure buff, and most vehicles a slight armour buff
www.newzealandplatoon.enjin.com
CentauriOne
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-11-27 20:45 , edited 2013-11-27 20:59 by CentauriOne
The_Violator_NZ said:
BrinkSan said:
The_Violator_NZ said:
BrinkSan said:
The_Violator_NZ said:
Your solution to choppers is to make the one decent one useless as well?

2/10 better luck next time.
Scout's - Good for taking out infantry and the ability to be repaired
Attack heli's - Good for taking out ground vehicles and other heli's

Balance!
Scout helis, chance to survive more than 15 seconds

attack helis - NO chance to survive more than 10 seconds

balance - I don't think that word means what you think it means...
The only thing heli's need is a countermeasure buff, well, actually ALL vehicles need a countermeasure buff and a slight armor buff on attack choppers.
No arguments there. I'd go so far as to say that all vehicles need a countermeasure buff, and most vehicles a slight armor buff


Agree...
ViciousTwistt
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-11-28 01:34
CentauriGaming,

Hooah!
The Underachievers
CentauriOne
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-11-28 14:20
ViciousTwistt said:
CentauriGaming,

Hooah!



Thank you!
H_Lecter
AT Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-11-28 14:31
Countermeasure buff for air vehicles - great idea! Maybe allow two sets of flares and start reload after first set has been used? Each set would be replenished after 20 seconds from the time it has been used. It would keep air defense useful but buy the air vehicles at least a little bit of time before they have to retreat. Completely denying air space destroys the fun for the pilots.

An armor buff for ground vehicles is also not a bad idea, but really small and make sure the 3 sticks of C4 still take out any ground vehicle!
Nerf teamwork, it's totally overpowered!
EvilTigerAce
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-11-28 14:32
The stealth jet is worthless imo.

I have 111 attack jet kills and 8 stealth jet kills, just because I DON'T LIKE THE STEALTH JET.

The attack jet is better at air target AND better at ground targets. You won't need heatseekers vs air. The cannon does everything for ya :D
CampingRecon
FI Enlisted: 2011-12-09
2013-11-28 14:32
I agree.

The stealth jet's first cannon is useless, the jet goes too fast to benefit the Passive Radar missiles (which isn't a that bad thing), the third cannon is from World War 2 and the middle one is half decent. To add to that, SU-50 turns at 20G.
AcesTwo (2011-2014) has been banned for spreading the message of glorious fish sticks. The legacy of glorious fish sticks will be passed on.
CentauriOne
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-11-28 14:46
H_Lecter said:
Countermeasure buff for air vehicles - great idea! Maybe allow two sets of flares and start reload after first set has been used? Each set would be replenished after 20 seconds from the time it has been used. It would keep air defense useful but buy the air vehicles at least a little bit of time before they have to retreat. Completely denying air space destroys the fun for the pilots.

An armor buff for ground vehicles is also not a bad idea, but really small and make sure the 3 sticks of C4 still take out any ground vehicle!

VintovkaModel-98 said:
The stealth jet is worthless imo.

I have 111 attack jet kills and 8 stealth jet kills, just because I DON'T LIKE THE STEALTH JET.

The attack jet is better at air target AND better at ground targets. You won't need heatseekers vs air. The cannon does everything for ya :D

CampingRecon said:
I agree.

The stealth jet's first cannon is useless, the jet goes too fast to benefit the Passive Radar missiles (which isn't a that bad thing), the third cannon is from World War 2 and the middle one is half decent. To add to that, SU-50 turns at 20G.


Countermeasure buff, yes.
The Stealth Jet is useless, agreed.