BATTLELOG WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FOR APPROXIMATELY AN HOUR ON OCT 1, 8AM UTC / 1 AM PDT DUE TO AN UPDATE.
Thread is locked.

Flanking Is a Cheap Tactic and Unfair

Amgtree
US Enlisted: 2012-05-15
2014-01-06 05:52
Flanking is a cheap way on getting a kill because you spent 10 minutes of walking. It takes little to no skill at all and players only do it because they can't win face to face fights with anyone. Players with high back shots should be get reduced skill level.

I mean come on, Its so easy to kill people by shooting them in the back. They get no chance at all and most of the time if it was face to face the person flanking would lose. Flankers resort to this cheap tactic for that lack of skill. There is no other reason for doing so.

Its ludicrous how people exploit game mechanics of not being able to see behind you. Fps developers for years have been trying to counter this with footsteps, mini maps, etc. but people still abuse it. It is just sick how people with such low skill level get free kills for this cheap tactic.

I'm hoping some type of system comes in to balance it. Such as banning players who do so or extra armor for the back of soldiers.
Green_Eyed_Recon
CA Enlisted: 2013-01-07
2014-01-06 05:54
10/10
illAdvised_Adict
US Enlisted: 2013-09-19
2014-01-06 05:55
amgtree said:
Flanking is a cheap way on getting a kill because you spent 10 minutes of walking. It takes little to no skill at all and players only do it because they can't win face to face fights with anyone. Players with high back shots should be get reduced skill level.

I mean come on, Its so easy to kill people by shooting them in the back. They get no chance at all and most of the time if it was face to face the person flanking would lose. Flankers resort to this cheap tactic for that lack of skill. There is no other reason for doing so.

Its ludicrous how people exploit game mechanics of not being able to see behind you. Fps developers for years have been trying to counter this with footsteps, mini maps, etc. but people still abuse it. It is just sick how people with such low skill level get free kills for this cheap tactic.

I'm hoping some type of system comes in to balance it. Such as banning players who do so or extra armor for the back of soldiers.

Dafaq did I just read?
Theres war in the middle east, Malaysian airlines have planes that are disappearing and getting shot down... god knows what Russia and North Korea are up to, Ebloa outbreak in West Africa the world is falling apart. Has for me, I play video games all day :D
avengealist
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
Fail Troll!!! Now GTFO!!
MadJackal77
CA Enlisted: 2012-03-11
Not sure if troll, or absolutely full of the cod mentality.
[quote iDisplace said:]Why are pilots expected to have skill when a blind retard could use a stinger effectively?[/quote]
Amgtree
2014-01-06 05:57
illAdvised_Adict said:
amgtree said:

Dafaq did I just read?

A forum thread discussing the problems with the current fps formula
illAdvised_Adict
2014-01-06 05:58
amgtree said:
illAdvised_Adict said:
amgtree said:

Dafaq did I just read?
A forum thread discussing the problems with the current fps formula

the stupidity of this thread just made 0 sense tho, is he claiming that flanking is OP? really?
Theres war in the middle east, Malaysian airlines have planes that are disappearing and getting shot down... god knows what Russia and North Korea are up to, Ebloa outbreak in West Africa the world is falling apart. Has for me, I play video games all day :D
Drift_Eyed_Recon
JP Enlisted: 2012-06-25
2014-01-06 06:00
Be wary mates, might be troll in yonder post.
I've resupplied more scrubs than most hospitals. #TurkandJD
Lycan5679
US Enlisted: 2013-08-27
2014-01-06 06:01
I don't think I can take this thread seriously. But, if you insist.

There is no problem. If you got flanked, that's your fault. It's a viable and fair tactic.

You haven't listed any reasons how it's unfair. What? Because someone took time to run around, it's unfair?

Please, elaborate.
Amgtree
2014-01-06 06:01 , edited 2014-01-06 06:02 by Amgtree
Its not stupid! Its unfair to spend 10 minutes walking around a guy then shooting him in the back. Does that sound like the guy getting flanked had a chance? No its a cheap tactic and should be countered.
Zen55x
US Enlisted: 2011-11-06
2014-01-06 06:03
LMAO that's why flanking is not only a virtual warfare tactic but a real life warfare tactic. Go back to COD NOOB
Give them nothing, and take from them everything!!
sgt-alex321
US Enlisted: 2012-06-04
2014-01-06 06:04
Green_Eyed_Recon said:
10/10
Retired Forumfielder Hunter
TheGreatestFear
2014-01-06 06:06
amgtree said:
Its not stupid! Its unfair to spend 10 minutes walking around a guy then shooting him in the back. Does that sound like the guy getting flanked had a chance? No its a cheap tactic and should be countered.

A successful counter would be to flank the flanker. OR flank him 1st! OR watch him flank and shoot his arse.
Amgtree
2014-01-06 06:07
Zen55x said:
LMAO that's why flanking is not only a virtual warfare tactic but a real life warfare tactic. Go back to COD NOOB

You post is ridiculous. You first say internet slang abbreviations and then tell me to go play another first person shooter. You have no reason to be in this thread please leave!
TheGreatestFear
2014-01-06 06:08
He's gone.
Lycan5679
US Enlisted: 2013-08-27
2014-01-06 06:09
amgtree said:
Its not stupid! Its unfair to spend 10 minutes walking around a guy shooting him in the back. Does that sound like the guy getting flanked had a chance? No its a cheap tactic and should be countered.

Lol, yes, let's put off fixing this game so we can counter flanking.

You have to be kidding. Pay attention to your surroundings. You can hear footsteps. Please tell me you're trolling.
mikebayer79
CA Enlisted: 2013-11-04
2014-01-06 06:09
I really like the idea of a "Counter-Flank" mechanic, just like the "Counter-Knife" mechanic. With each bullet, a prompt will appear that will instead deflect that bullet back on it's attacker, just like elite soldiers do in real-life.

0_o
TheGreatestFear
2014-01-06 06:10
Hey everyone, we've got ourselvers a fixer!
Amgtree
2014-01-06 06:11
Lycan5679 said:
amgtree said:
Its not stupid! Its unfair to spend 10 minutes walking around a guy shooting him in the back. Does that sound like the guy getting flanked had a chance? No its a cheap tactic and should be countered.
Lol, yes, let's put off fixing this game so we can counter flanking.

You have to be kidding. Pay attention to your surroundings. You can hear footsteps. Please tell me you're trolling.

Footsteps in this game a way too quiet. Its also hard to find a flanker in the surroundings when he is behind you.
illAdvised_Adict
2014-01-06 06:12
what map takes 10mins to walk? the most MAX is 30 secs. I will not be spawn killed over and over till the game is over.. flanking is the smartest and your only option at that point, your fault for not setting claymores behind you to prevent a flank

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.