We're currently experiencing infrastructure issues affecting game launch and statistics access. Networking teams are hard at work to help restore service to us all!

Fps boost

IcarusFTB
Enlisted: 2013-09-21
2014-01-17 23:33
After doing some research, I decided to use user.cfg to modify graphics settings to give me an fps boost, and some other things to give me an fps boost. I do not take credit for any of these fixes, as I said "research".

First, you want to head over to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist\ (Where you keep Bf4) and run DXSETUP. This will install the additional DX Components made for Bf4 onto your Dx11 or 10 installation.

Second, you would want to create a file called "user,cfg" without the quotes where your Bf4 launcher is located.

Third, put these settings into the file.

PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
Render.DrawFps 0 // If set to 1 shows FPS meter on screen
RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 0
RenderDevice.VSyncEnable 0
WorldRender.DxDeferredCsPathEnable 1 // Don’t defer operations relating to Frostbite csPath() calls.
WorldRender.FxaaEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmap­Resolution 256 // Fixes some issues with corrupted/sawtooth shadows.
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0 // Fixes the common causes of mouse jittering issues.
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0

Additional processes you could take, are disabling CPU parking, disabling CPU Hyperthreading (Unsure about this), and updating your .NET Framework to the latest version. (wth? I found this online xD)
lI-Chris-Il
AU Enlisted: 2012-02-17
2014-01-17 23:34 , edited 2014-01-17 23:35 by lI-Chris-Il
Disable windows aero , will free up some vram .
JasonKruys
GB Enlisted: 2013-11-03
2014-01-17 23:51 , edited 2014-01-17 23:52 by JasonKruys
"RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1" is incorrect. Should be:

"RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1" (or 0)

Research better! :o)
IcarusFTB
Enlisted: 2013-09-21
2014-01-18 15:09
A fault on my part, good job! xD
Ma5taDil4
JM Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2014-01-18 16:03 , edited 2014-01-18 16:04 by Ma5taDil4
this is mine to turn off blur at all :

WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0

and u have to be carefull witch all values cuz theyre thinks what u have to know like "WorldRender.DxDeferredCsPathEnable" - This is an easy one, when set to 0 this setting disables Frostbite's 2 compute shader lightning path, which will result in significantly improved framerate in wide outdoor spaces (some claiming around ~10-15 FPS gains), but it comes with a downside, this will most definitely reduce performance in heavily lit scenes, so it's more of a pick your poison kinda deal. Just as with the "ForceRenderAheadLimit" CVAR, play around with this. 0 to disable, 1 to enable.

all u have to know is here http://www.overclock.net/t/1335774/battlefield-3-guide-further-improving-gaming-performance-experience [overclock.net]

and like somebody saids it should be RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0
hmm.... ^¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı pᴚɐoqʎǝʞ ʎɯ ʍoN