Thread is locked.

Origin slow download fix (R&D mode)

H1N1_CRO
HR Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2014-01-30 10:18
If you have issue with slow patch download in Origin do this

1.Make a file on DESKTOP called EACore.ini

2. Edit file in notepad and put lines :

EnvironmentName=production
CdnOverride=akamai

3. Save

4. Open origin and accept changes

You are now in R&D mode and your download speed should be fast again

If you want to remove R&D mode every time you open Origin go to your Origin folder , mine is
D:\Games\Origin\

and delete EACore.ini

Now just restart Origin
Kingshaun2k
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-01-30 10:20 , edited 2014-01-30 10:20 by Kingshaun2k
This will be removed soon but yea this is what i do.
H1N1_CRO
HR Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2014-01-30 10:22
why would it be removed this posts where posted on every patch release . Don't try to be smart when you are obviously struggling
Kingshaun2k
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-01-30 10:27
H1N1_CRO said:
why would it be removed this posts where posted on every patch release . Don't try to be smart when you are obviously struggling


Ive downloaded the patch fine but im just saying Moderators keep removing these threads and i dont know why.
Xant0r
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-01-30 10:29
I tried this with the previous client update. Didn't work for me then, i tried it now again and its still on the <100KB/s download. Sigh.

At least servers still down.
Kingshaun2k
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-01-30 10:30
Xant0r said:
I tried this with the previous client update. Didn't work for me then, i tried it now again and its still on the &lt;100KB/s download. Sigh.

At least servers still down.


Multiplayer servers are back up now.
Xant0r
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-01-30 10:31
Kingshaun2k said:
Xant0r said:
I tried this with the previous client update. Didn't work for me then, i tried it now again and its still on the &amp;lt;100KB/s download. Sigh.

At least servers still down.
Multiplayer servers are back up now.



I see, thanks for the heads up.
I--HitmaN89--I
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-01-30 10:39
cant update at all.
Rrottweiler
BR Enlisted: 2012-09-15
2014-01-30 11:06
TY, instead 20kt/s.... got 5-6mt/s.
8meterkuk
SE Enlisted: 2014-05-29
2014-05-29 21:47 , edited 2014-05-29 21:48 by 8meterkuk
If i wasnt the man i would kiss ya!
HisokaMurakami
IT Enlisted: 2013-11-20
2014-10-03 13:34
H1N1_CRO said:
If you have issue with slow patch download in Origin do this

1.Make a file on DESKTOP called EACore.ini

2. Edit file in notepad and put lines :

EnvironmentName=production
CdnOverride=akamai

3. Save

4. Open origin and accept changes

You are now in R&D mode and your download speed should be fast again

If you want to remove R&D mode every time you open Origin go to your Origin folder , mine is
D:\Games\Origin\

and delete EACore.ini

Now just restart Origin


I tried your method but without much luck
Fortunately i solved the problem DISABLING : ORIGIN HELPER from the OPTIONS

Hope this help
OShadowOFX
EG Enlisted: 2013-03-13
2014-10-05 12:40
not work for me
TormDK
DK Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2014-10-05 12:47
Origin always give me at least 12mb/sec when I download, prehaps your ISP is just really shitty?
He who stands with me, shall be my brother.
 
Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.