Check your network connection port 3659 (UDP)

Higgoz
Enlisted: 2013-10-08
2014-02-20 21:25
well i can not join any game whatsoever
LegendaryStoner
US Enlisted: 2013-11-10
2014-02-20 22:29
The amount of bad networking information in this tread so far is amazing. my personal favorite so far is the forward it to 127.0.0.1 so it will forward to all the computers.

There was one guy who basically gave you good info. and everyone just looked past it. The bottom line here is this. If your router is not stateful then its time to throw it out and get one that is. You do not need an inbound open port to connect to the servers. when you connect to a server your router will allow connections you initiate and connections that are related because of your initiation. in other words if you dial out on port 3659 your router will be expecting something back from the address you connected to on that same port and allow it pass through.

utilizing software port forwarding applications is as stupid as leaving your windows firewall turned on which by the way turn off your windows firewall it will cause more problems then it creates. your router will be your firewall for you.
XxSC4RECR0WxX
KP Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2014-02-20 22:30
Same problem... Port is open, but I'm not trying to do anymore to get this to work. Didn't have this issue prior to the Second Assault patch, so it's definitely an issue with that update. Tried contacting EA support, but we all know that's a joke. They just wind up saying it's a problem with my router, etc. I knew coming into this game that it would be a nightmare, so I'll bite the bullet and deal with a broken game. :/
il_biagio
IT Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-02-20 22:47
no words, every patch is a new bugfixehm, bugmake
AntiFox08
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2014-02-20 23:09
They are working on a sound loop crash right now, so don't expect any help from them. I spoke to tech support earlier, and it was painfully obvious that he was copy/pasting. Here is a transcript of the live chat I had.

Shobhit: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Shobhit. How may I assist you today?
you: When I try to play Battlefield 4, the game never fully loads before closing and telling me I need to check my settings and have port 3659 forwarded. I do have 3659 and every other required port forwarded. Other people are having this same issue.
Shobhit: I apologize for the technical difficulties that you’ve been facing with the game. I'll do my best to figure out a solution for you.
you: Let me just repeat that all the ports EA and DICE have listed, I have forwarded to their correct setting on my router, so the problem shouldn't be with me or the other users having this same issue
Shobhit: Can you provide me the email address of the origin account?
you: **************************
Shobhit: Thanks
Shobhit: I am going to provide you some troubleshooting steps which may resolve your issue
you: I'll gladly follow them, but I just want to make sure you know once more that I have all the required ports forwarded to their udp or tcp settings, so that I am not asked to do those
Shobhit: Please now allow origin and game from firewalls as an exception.
Shobhit: : Microsoft has a walkthrough of the process for doing this on their support site here:
Shobhit: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Allow-a-program-to-communicate-through-Windows-Firewall [windows.microsoft.com]
you: I use Malwarebytes and never had an issue, but I could go ahead and add the game and Origin to the ignore list
Shobhit: Thanks
you: I should mention that for a while I had to use the program Smart Port Forwarding to forward 3659 because my router kept giving me an IP issue, but I eventually got it forwarded, by adding a new port, saving it, then editing it and changing it to 3659, making me no longer need the program.
Shobhit: Okay
Shobhit: Make sure Punkbuster is running properly

1. Press and hold the Windows key + R on your keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and click OK.

3. Verify that PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB appear.

o If these services appear but do not say 'Started' next to them, right-click on the first one and select Properties.

o Under the Startup pull down menu, select Automatic.

o Press the Start button just below the pull down.

o Repeat this for the other service if necessary
you: But I started having this issue a month or two ago randomly, and yesterday when Second Assault launched, I spectated one server, left to go do something, came back, and couldn't join any server.
Shobhit: Confirm the result if PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB appears as started and automatic
you: I don't see B, but that could be because the game isn't running, right?
Shobhit: Yes
Shobhit: Manually update it from Even Balance now
you: I just ran pbsetup and it's updating
Shobhit: http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1 [websec.evenbalance.com]
Shobhit: Once downloaded, open PBSetup and select Add a Game and add Battlefield 3 from the available list.
After adding Battlefield 3, click Check for Updates until you receive a message stating No New Updates Needed.
This may take several updates depending on the game and version of PunkBuster.
you: I know evenbalance had a new pb client that wasn't just an update and had to be downloaded from the site, so I got it when it came out
you: I did refresh Windows 8 a few weeks ago and despite it saying my files would be unaffected, it removed a ton of my programs and moved them to a Windows.Old folder and I had to copy everything except old registry files over, then I still had to reinstall programs, but I might not have updated pb when I did that.
Shobhit: Could you please try to update it once again
you: I'm on PBSetup v3.7 and it just said there are no more updates, so I guess I'm up to date on that now.
Shobhit: Confirm the result if PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB appears as started and automatic
you: Still not seeing B, though A is running and automatic
Shobhit: If updating did not help, have them run the Punkbuster Services executable program which can be located in the program Files folder
Tell them to open C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3
Once they are there, look for pbsvc.exe or just pbsvc and open the exe
Then select Install/Re-install Punkbuster Service and complete the three steps.

If they cannot find the pbsvc.exe in the BF3 folder, have them install it from the link below
Shobhit: http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php [evenbalance.com]
you: Now I see B
Shobhit: Great!
you: It is not running but is on automatic. Should I right click start?
Shobhit: Please restart origin and then try the game and see if it works
you: Should I right click B and start it or no?
Shobhit: Yes
you: Game still didn't work. ERROR Game disconnected: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open.
Shobhit: Okay please uninstall and reinstall origin
you: Will I lose my games?
Shobhit: No
you: Uninstalled. I will now run the installer I have from February 1st.
you: I also logged out and back into Battlelog and still got the same error
Shobhit: 1. Hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys at the same time and select task manager.
2. Click the "Processes" tab.
3. Click on the gray bar in the middle column that says User Name to sort by user name.
4. Do NOT select anything for SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE.
5. Click on anything besides EXPLORER and TASKMGR for this User Name or other user names.
6. Click on END PROCESS
7. Repeat these steps until only explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe are open for this user profile.
you: Done.
Shobhit: I would suggest that you try running your system using the Windows clean boot option. That way you would be able to locate any program that might be interfering with the game.
The instructions for clean booting your operating system can be found at the below link: -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 [support.microsoft.com]
Shobhit: It seems that you are away from the Keyboard, please let me know if we are still connected.
you: I'm here
Shobhit: Okay please try the steps provided and then try the game again, if the issue still persists contact us back again.
Shobhit: I know you have been trying very diligently to get this issue sorted out. I really appreciate your co-operation. As a token of gratitude, please allow me to offer you a 15% Discount code that can be used to purchase EA Games online on Origin. The code can be redeemed at: http://origin.com [origin.com]
Shobhit: Here is the code - *****************************
you: Thank you. I am checking some things right now.
Shobhit: Try the game after the steps completed and reboot the PC to make changes on the game
Shobhit: It seems that you are away from the Keyboard, please let me know if we are still connected.
you: I am here
Shobhit: Thanks for contacting EA, is there anything else may I assist you with today?
you: No, that is all.
RocKy_KiLLeR_87
NO Enlisted: 2011-12-07
2014-02-21 03:13
i did make this video for you guys try out this fix :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riN1QHzG4bw [youtube.com]

Thx!
Rocky
StarFishHunter9
NZ Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2014-02-21 08:59
Damn why can't I connect. Stupid patch broke my game...
pkD-jaNsen
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2014-02-21 13:08
LegendaryStoner said:
The amount of bad networking information in this tread so far is amazing. my personal favorite so far is the forward it to 127.0.0.1 so it will forward to all the computers.

There was one guy who basically gave you good info. and everyone just looked past it. The bottom line here is this. If your router is not stateful then its time to throw it out and get one that is. You do not need an inbound open port to connect to the servers. when you connect to a server your router will allow connections you initiate and connections that are related because of your initiation. in other words if you dial out on port 3659 your router will be expecting something back from the address you connected to on that same port and allow it pass through.

utilizing software port forwarding applications is as stupid as leaving your windows firewall turned on which by the way turn off your windows firewall it will cause more problems then it creates. your router will be your firewall for you.

yes and because it is so stupid it has worked for multiple people including me.
DarkvonBaron
Enlisted: 2014-02-08
2014-02-21 14:44
Well there goes $140 bucks, only bought this "Premium" pack a week ago and now it is broken..........where do I take it for warranty or a refund?

To the manufacturer, this is the first time I have bought a game on line, can't say it has been inspiring.
-Yrr-
DE Enlisted: 2012-11-02
2014-02-21 15:12 , edited 2014-02-21 15:13 by -Yrr-
Strange, it seems this happens when I leave a server and try to come back 10min later.

Does this mean bf4 blocks itself?
ChicoSy
PH Enlisted: 2012-03-27
2014-02-21 18:20
I'm having the exact same issue at the moment... never had an issue before and then when the expansion went live... this error message has plagued me.

I do hope they fix this issue soon. I haven't had a decent game for a few days now. I always disconnect and get less than 5 minutes of game time.
wasim990
Enlisted: 2013-12-30
2014-02-21 20:29 , edited 2014-02-21 20:30 by wasim990
I paid for premuim to have this new issue. First the sound in TDM . Now I can't play a single match
I spent hours opening the damn 3659 port. hate it.

DICE if you read this. you have made very good job designing the game. but you screw it up
T-WRECKED
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2014-02-21 20:38
Even with the correct ports forwarded on my router, I still get the stupid error. Just one patch, I'd like DICE to NOT break anything.
Lysy76
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2014-02-21 21:19
I had the same problem but look like it's solved.
What i did ?
Just restarted my router and it looks like connection problem gone.
I hope it might help.
Stefan27-GER-
DE Enlisted: 2011-12-25
2014-02-21 23:21
Game disconnected: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open.
Premium Spieler
Xyos2121
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2014-02-22 00:32
I get this problem too and its bullshit! Not a single connection issue until this new DLC. NO I WILL NOT PORT FORWARD 10+ PORTS FOR BF4! BF4 connected fine prior to the patch, and every game I play has NO ISSUES connecting online.

FUCK THIS GAME! Im done with it, I kept trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I cant do it anymore. Too many fucking bugs, balance issues, and stupid decisions. As soon as Titanfall comes out IM FUCKING DONE WITH SHITTERFIELD 4: THE SHITTENING!
Kozlowaski
BR Enlisted: 2012-07-15
2014-02-22 00:39
Bought the game 2 days ago, and I can't play even one match on multiplayer. Tried everything to fix that, nothing works.
G-Gnu
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2014-02-22 00:46 , edited 2014-02-22 00:48 by G-Gnu
Buy a new router if you got this problem ...the game should be able to open those ports for it self (BF4 will open and speak with the servers through needed ports ONLY when you play the game and Origin when it´s running on your computer) if you got a functional router.

Btw why the #¤%¤#¤% should anyone open port 80 ???? its a incoming port for a web server .... is Origin a web server in disguise ???
Ignorance is a bliss for the ignorant ,but ignorance is a plague for everyone else.
meatfish
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2014-02-22 00:50
Same problem here with SKY as my ISP -think it might be on their end. A combination of waiting a bit and also manually updating punkbuster seems to have done the trick.
DarkvonBaron
Enlisted: 2014-02-08
2014-02-22 00:53
Thank you for putting the message up above in blue DICE.......good to know you are working on it.