Thread is locked.

Dragon's Teeth - BF4 Top Issues Communication

t1gge
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2014-07-17 17:50 , edited 2014-07-25 19:29 by t1gge
Hi everyone!

UPDATE: If you have issuses on PC:
1. Do not use Origin Beta (use regular origin)
2. Do not use beta drivers (use latest normal ones)
3. try disabling the origin overlay as it causes issues (Origin in-game overlay he meant. Go to Origin(on top left)------>Application Settings------->Origin in game then un-click on "Enable Origin in game".)
4. look for bad packetloss icon / run the systems performance test if you experience bad networking, if you have constant packetloss, please post your ISP and contact them about it too (I'll pull strings here too)

UPDATE 2: We've looked at the routes to our servers (console servers) - and it seems there was some congestion (even though this is prohibited - make sure you vote for net neutrality americans...). It has now been fixed. Please let me know if PS4/Xbone is playing better!

Low PC performance and stuttering
Our team is working on reproducing situations that may cause low PC performance and stuttering while playing Dragon’s Teeth. If you have a solid case on your machine, please reach out to us on the Battlelog forums over at http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forums. [battlelog.battlefield.com]

We know this is happening more for players with Mantle enabled, and with more than one graphics card (including Nvidia SLI). For some players lowering the texture quality to low (or lower than they currently are using) also temporarily fixes this.

Some users experience less of the stuttering to be coming from the use of the Battlescreen, especially in Chrome. Try using another web browser and closing the battlescreen to see if this is indeed the case.

We are hard at work looking for the root-causes for these performance issues and this thread will be updated once we know more.

Trouble downloading and installing Dragon’s Teeth on PlayStation 3
Short after release we heard that some of you had problems downloading and installing Dragon’s Teeth on PlayStation 3. We moved swiftly on this one and have now resolved the issue. Thanks for letting us know about this one.

Dragon’s Teeth incorrectly priced on Xbox One
A few players brought to our attention that Dragon’s Teeth was incorrectly priced on Xbox One. This issue has been resolved, and no one has to worry that they’ve been charged an incorrect sum.

Servers missing from the “My Servers” tab and problems connecting to rented servers
We’re looking at these two issues, and as soon as we have more information we’ll start working on a solution and provide you updates in this matter as well.

Feel free to ask follow-up questions in this thread and I'll try and answer them as soon as possible!

Thank you,
Mikksies
RU Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2014-07-17 17:56
Yeah!
DJ_Dhanyal12331
Enlisted: 2013-05-22
2014-07-17 18:01
What about the CTE update?
dzia
ivanfabric
PL Enlisted: 2012-02-21
2014-07-17 18:14
Thank you. Why can't we connect to the EA servers?
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/2PCtQ5rb/ivanfabric.png
MCJOKER88
Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2014-07-17 18:16
I've got a ps4 I've bought premium downloaded ALL the maps and have them installed but when ever I try to play on any dlc map it says that I have to buy it and if I try too it says it's no longer available not that it matters as I've bought it and installed it it also says error could not retrieve battle packs it never allows me to view batle log unless I sign on with my phone first now it all it ever comes up with is you have lost connection to eat sever. Online features will be unavailable. I've bought this game on xbox 360 as well as dlc for the 360 and on ps4 and premium for ps4 this has been the most expensive game I've ever played and now I can't play it is there anything you can do to help
t1gge
2014-07-17 18:19
DJ_Dhanyal12331 said:
What about the CTE update?

Hi!

What do you mean?
johno1968
GB Enlisted: 2012-06-11
2014-07-17 18:21
I cannot connect to the ea servers as well, there's been a lot of crashes today especially when the game finishes before you get your score which is a big piss off skills dropped from 350 to 216 in a mater of 3 crashes and 3 games
t1gge
2014-07-17 18:22
ivanfabric said:
Thank you. Why can't we connect to the EA servers?

Hi!

Can you provide more info? Which specific servers? What platform etc?
zElementzx-
US Enlisted: 2012-02-03
2014-07-17 18:22
MikhailDiS said:
Yeah!
t1gge
2014-07-17 18:23
MCJOKER88 said:
I've got a ps4 I've bought premium downloaded ALL the maps and have them installed but when ever I try to play on any dlc map it says that I have to buy it and if I try too it says it's no longer available not that it matters as I've bought it and installed it it also says error could not retrieve battle packs it never allows me to view batle log unless I sign on with my phone first now it all it ever comes up with is you have lost connection to eat sever. Online features will be unavailable. I've bought this game on xbox 360 as well as dlc for the 360 and on ps4 and premium for ps4 this has been the most expensive game I've ever played and now I can't play it is there anything you can do to help

Hi!

I think the issue you are experiencing on PS4 was to do with a faulty installation. The best solution I've seen is to delete all the content and re-install it/re-download it as it seems your content has gone bad.

Sorry I don't have a better solution - this is what I've heard works for this issue.
XGO_SILENT_PETE
US Enlisted: 2011-12-11
2014-07-17 18:23
Thanks for the continued work and effort DICE, you guys rock! There's a lot of hate going around, but don't ever forget how many of us still love you guys, and won't give up on ya.

Sorry if this type of thing isn't allowed, not being a question and all. If you gotta delete it, I will understand :D
EVERYBODY has something they can bring to the table for the good of the rest. This is a team game. #1 Squad Score, #1 Assault, #1 MBT, & #1 PT Boat in Idaho, In top 15 Squad Score and Accuracy in USA "Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam"
zElementzx-
US Enlisted: 2012-02-03
2014-07-17 18:26
Glitches and bugs
• Server ping performance
• Twigs and pebbles stopping soldier in his tracks
• Soldier collision
• Friendly vehicle collision
• Soldier deciding to stumble and fall down stairs for no reason
• Soldier ascends some stairs like a cripple - staircase at Flag B on Dawn breaker for example.
• Soldier looks like a stroke victim when spawning on a jet ski
• C4 not detonating immediately after pulling trigger
• Sound issues
• Graphic issues - (eg: Soldier is half sunk into the ground for 20 seconds or so when starting a new round on many maps)
• Graffiti still floating in the air after wall is destroyed just upstairs from C Flag on Flood zone
• Random killed in action
• Getting killed by a bullet but hear an explosion
• Projectiles disappearing after dying
• Knee surfing
• Seeing other soldiers stutter and rubber band
• Annoying soldier voice overs
• Soldier voice overs being said in the wrong tense (eg: "yeah, I'm taking him out now"... after he's killed his enemy?!)
• Retarded grenade throws - should be able to charge grenades for greater throwing distance
• Knife animation anomalies
• Black loading screen (still happens!)
• CE Error
• Irregularities in end of round screen or when joining a server
• Scope glare
• Shots hitting cover that you are CLEARLY not behind anymore
• Opening doors of containers or closing them will automatically reload your gun which results in dying if confronted with an enemy player.
• Spotted enemy equipment and vehicles can be seen through all walls and terrain at all distances.
• The hip fire/shaking after revived is because you're still suffering from suppression after being revived.
• Battlelog on PS4 is much hit and miss, sometimes works and sometimes does not, makes it hard to join on friends/clan mates.
• Sometimes the battlescreen will not show up when a player plays a certain round. There is no option to enable it otherwise u have to restart battlelog with battlefield 4.
• The pick-up weapons constantly drop on the floor when you’re trying to pick them up.
• Loadouts and camos do not save on the Xbox One.
• Twigs and pebbles stopping soldier in his tracks
• Soldier collision
• Laser guided on jets are still able to hit through vehicles which have active protection perk enabled.
• Flags that are being contested on conquest large public matches do not show up for a short period of time on the battlescreen. Afterwards they do.
johno1968
2014-07-17 18:27
ps 4 platform on all new dragons teeth maps its been doing this, I don't think one map and game ive played has been completed due it crashing
DICEFIXTHISGAME
IL Enlisted: 2013-03-25
2014-07-17 18:32
Are we looking forward to netcode tweaks in the upcoming patch? and how much time (evaluated) until the next update is released?

also - the old bugs of having imaginary walls, in Siege of Shanghai behind the main statue on Domination (it happens in all modes) - you shoot a guy and it won't arrive to him, it hits an imaginary wall.

What about opening CTE for public usage and not only premium? I think people who preordered the games are supposed to be on the CTE/Game's Delayed Beta instead of new people who buy Premium.

what about patch notes for the upcoming update - I'm not speaking about Dragon's Teeth but about the older bugs of the older maps.
t1gge
2014-07-17 18:36
johno1968 said:
ps 4 platform on all new dragons teeth maps its been doing this, I don't think one map and game ive played has been completed due it crashing

Yes, this applies to _any_ map really, not only dragons teeth. Usage of the shield in certain ways cause crashes for others on the server.
t1gge
2014-07-17 18:41
DICEFIXTHISGAME said:
Are we looking forward to netcode tweaks in the upcoming patch? and how much time (evaluated) until the next update is released?

also - the old bugs of having imaginary walls, in Siege of Shanghai behind the main statue on Domination (it happens in all modes) - you shoot a guy and it won't arrive to him, it hits an imaginary wall.

What about opening CTE for public usage and not only premium? I think people who preordered the games are supposed to be on the CTE/Game's Delayed Beta instead of new people who buy Premium.

what about patch notes for the upcoming update - I'm not speaking about Dragon's Teeth but about the older bugs of the older maps.

Yes, there is more netcode updates in next patch (possibly even for PS3 and Xbox360!). The patch scope is being setup now - and we do want a large patch over several small ones. I'll get back to you once I know more. Everything we publish on the CTE will be part of this patch.

I don't see the CTE as a delayed beta - we are not only fixing bugs, we are improving and adding features as well. I'd label it a Battlefield Labs of sorts - but I get what you mean. The opening of the CTE to all players is being discussed.

Patch notes get collected and created very late - as this means we get more stuff in the patch (this is the reason we normally release them late). This time however - the news-section of the CTE will tell you the story early, all items in the news patchnotes since Initiative #2 started will be part of the release (nothing hidden there).
johno1968
2014-07-17 18:44
I haven't experienced it on the other maps as trying to get used to the new maps lol well at the moment on the ps4 I cannot connect to ea what so ever to try
DJ_Dhanyal12331
Enlisted: 2013-05-22
2014-07-17 18:58
I mean is the CTE update neally finished?
dzia
Aotearas
Enlisted: 2012-09-04
2014-07-17 19:01
How about making the game playable? I am still getting the same Port 3659 UDP error message and no matter what I do (and I have tried EVERYTHING!), the problem persists until for some reason the problem just disappears as randomly as it popped up.

I can give you guys a neat list of potential improvements/bugs/issues, if only I could play the game when I wanted to and not when the game decides to not give me the damn finger.
Tigerbalboa
Enlisted: 2014-01-01
2014-07-17 19:04
Is ea updating?

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.