Thread is locked.

Best Audio Setting (Speaker Type)

iknowyounaut
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-01-13 01:36
I wanna read your guys opinion on this. Which audio setting do you think is the best in sound quality, fidelity, and positioning? I have yet to decide which I prefer or what I think is best. So whatcha think?
-War Tapes
-TV (highly doubt the best)
-Hi-Fi
-Home Cinema
-Headphones
"Not letting you win won't satisfy me, I'll teach you about loss." - Marilyn Manson
KingCapning
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-07
2015-01-13 01:41
I'd say, Headphones, War tapes.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Dmmzzz/videos I7 4790K, 2x ASUS STRIX 970, 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage, 27" ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q
Rev0verDrive
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-01-13 01:43
I have 7.1 surround set up with home cinema. sounds pretty damn good to me.
It looks like a Javelin, Locks and fires like a Javelin, but sadly it hits like a frog on a skip.
YoungNReckless95
CA Enlisted: 2014-01-07
2015-01-13 01:45
KingCapning said:
I'd say, Headphones, War tapes.


Headphones is only good if you're using headphones.. War tapes is terrible.

iknowyounot88 said:
I wanna read your guys opinion on this. Which audio setting do you think is the best in sound quality, fidelity, and positioning? I have yet to decide which I prefer or what I think is best. So whatcha think?
-War Tapes
-TV (highly doubt the best)
-Hi-Fi
-Home Cinema
-Headphones


Personal preference. Headphones, if you're using headphones. Hifi/Home Cinema if you have 2.1, etc.
Rig: Intel i7 5820k 4.7Ghz 1.292V| Corsair H100i | MSI X99S SLI Plus | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB x4 | Samsung 500GB EVO SSD | EVGA GTX 970 SC W/ ACX 2.0 | EVGA 1000 G2 PSU | Case 750D | Monitor: BenQ XL2720Z 120Hz BenQ Motion Blur W/ Blur Buster Strobe Utility @ 1.5ms | Audio: SVS Ultra Bookshelves | SVS SB13-Ultra | Marantz SR7008 | AKG K712 Pros | SB ZxR
KingCapning
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-07
2015-01-13 01:47
YoungNReckless95 said:
KingCapning said:
I'd say, Headphones, War tapes.
Headphones is only good if you're using headphones.. War tapes is terrible.

iknowyounot88 said:
I wanna read your guys opinion on this. Which audio setting do you think is the best in sound quality, fidelity, and positioning? I have yet to decide which I prefer or what I think is best. So whatcha think?
-War Tapes
-TV (highly doubt the best)
-Hi-Fi
-Home Cinema
-Headphones


Personal preference. Headphones, if you're using headphones. Hifi/Home Cinema if you have 2.1, etc.


Personal preference really, even with speakers headphones is still good, i don't know with war tapes it just sounds better for some reason? maybe i have terrible hearing or something.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Dmmzzz/videos I7 4790K, 2x ASUS STRIX 970, 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage, 27" ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q
YoungNReckless95
CA Enlisted: 2014-01-07
2015-01-13 01:58
KingCapning said:
YoungNReckless95 said:
KingCapning said:
I'd say, Headphones, War tapes.
Headphones is only good if you're using headphones.. War tapes is terrible.

iknowyounot88 said:
I wanna read your guys opinion on this. Which audio setting do you think is the best in sound quality, fidelity, and positioning? I have yet to decide which I prefer or what I think is best. So whatcha think?
-War Tapes
-TV (highly doubt the best)
-Hi-Fi
-Home Cinema
-Headphones


Personal preference. Headphones, if you're using headphones. Hifi/Home Cinema if you have 2.1, etc.
Personal preference really, even with speakers headphones is still good, i don't know with war tapes it just sounds better for some reason? maybe i have terrible hearing or something.


What speakers are you using lol
Rig: Intel i7 5820k 4.7Ghz 1.292V| Corsair H100i | MSI X99S SLI Plus | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB x4 | Samsung 500GB EVO SSD | EVGA GTX 970 SC W/ ACX 2.0 | EVGA 1000 G2 PSU | Case 750D | Monitor: BenQ XL2720Z 120Hz BenQ Motion Blur W/ Blur Buster Strobe Utility @ 1.5ms | Audio: SVS Ultra Bookshelves | SVS SB13-Ultra | Marantz SR7008 | AKG K712 Pros | SB ZxR
Mayusshi
Enlisted: 2011-11-26
2015-01-13 02:02 , edited 2015-01-13 02:03 by Mayusshi
I'd say "Headphones". Played with "War tapes" for a while but it sounded kinda uncomfortable. But it's easier to hear steps with it.

Edit: For speakers use "Home cinema"
iknowyounaut
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-01-13 02:57
So what's the differences between "Hi-Fi and Headphones
Ikaros-MeIan said:
I'd say "Headphones". Played with "War tapes" for a while but it sounded kinda uncomfortable. But it's easier to hear steps with it.

Edit: For speakers use "Home cinema"
"Not letting you win won't satisfy me, I'll teach you about loss." - Marilyn Manson
YoungNReckless95
CA Enlisted: 2014-01-07
2015-01-13 03:16 , edited 2015-01-13 03:17 by YoungNReckless95
iknowyounot88 said:
So what's the differences between "Hi-Fi and Headphones
Ikaros-MeIan said:
I'd say "Headphones". Played with "War tapes" for a while but it sounded kinda uncomfortable. But it's easier to hear steps with it.

Edit: For speakers use "Home cinema"


Headphones was made for headphones. Hi-Fi was probably made for speakers IMO. Yes you could say HI-FI could be used for headphone but what are you running right now? What speakers, or headphones?

From Wikipedia, "High fidelity—or hi-fi or hifi—reproduction is a term used by home stereo listeners and home audio enthusiasts (audiophiles) to refer to high-quality reproduction of sound to distinguish it from the poorer quality sound produced by inexpensive audio equipment, or the inferior quality of sound reproduction characteristic"
Rig: Intel i7 5820k 4.7Ghz 1.292V| Corsair H100i | MSI X99S SLI Plus | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB x4 | Samsung 500GB EVO SSD | EVGA GTX 970 SC W/ ACX 2.0 | EVGA 1000 G2 PSU | Case 750D | Monitor: BenQ XL2720Z 120Hz BenQ Motion Blur W/ Blur Buster Strobe Utility @ 1.5ms | Audio: SVS Ultra Bookshelves | SVS SB13-Ultra | Marantz SR7008 | AKG K712 Pros | SB ZxR
iknowyounaut
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-01-13 03:35
Turtle beach headset with the Dolby digital surround sound processer. Quite nice quality for a great price
YoungNReckless95 said:
iknowyounot88 said:
So what's the differences between "Hi-Fi and Headphones
Ikaros-MeIan said:
I'd say "Headphones". Played with "War tapes" for a while but it sounded kinda uncomfortable. But it's easier to hear steps with it.

Edit: For speakers use "Home cinema"
Headphones was made for headphones. Hi-Fi was probably made for speakers IMO. Yes you could say HI-FI could be used for headphone but what are you running right now? What speakers, or headphones?

From Wikipedia, "High fidelity—or hi-fi or hifi—reproduction is a term used by home stereo listeners and home audio enthusiasts (audiophiles) to refer to high-quality reproduction of sound to distinguish it from the poorer quality sound produced by inexpensive audio equipment, or the inferior quality of sound reproduction characteristic"
"Not letting you win won't satisfy me, I'll teach you about loss." - Marilyn Manson
YoungNReckless95
CA Enlisted: 2014-01-07
2015-01-13 04:17
iknowyounot88 said:
Turtle beach headset with the Dolby digital surround sound processer. Quite nice quality for a great price
YoungNReckless95 said:
iknowyounot88 said:
So what's the differences between "Hi-Fi and Headphones
Ikaros-MeIan said:
I'd say "Headphones". Played with "War tapes" for a while but it sounded kinda uncomfortable. But it's easier to hear steps with it.

Edit: For speakers use "Home cinema"
Headphones was made for headphones. Hi-Fi was probably made for speakers IMO. Yes you could say HI-FI could be used for headphone but what are you running right now? What speakers, or headphones?

From Wikipedia, "High fidelity—or hi-fi or hifi—reproduction is a term used by home stereo listeners and home audio enthusiasts (audiophiles) to refer to high-quality reproduction of sound to distinguish it from the poorer quality sound produced by inexpensive audio equipment, or the inferior quality of sound reproduction characteristic"


If you say so...

I would run surround headphones then.
Rig: Intel i7 5820k 4.7Ghz 1.292V| Corsair H100i | MSI X99S SLI Plus | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB x4 | Samsung 500GB EVO SSD | EVGA GTX 970 SC W/ ACX 2.0 | EVGA 1000 G2 PSU | Case 750D | Monitor: BenQ XL2720Z 120Hz BenQ Motion Blur W/ Blur Buster Strobe Utility @ 1.5ms | Audio: SVS Ultra Bookshelves | SVS SB13-Ultra | Marantz SR7008 | AKG K712 Pros | SB ZxR
NightHawk_XVI
US Enlisted: 2013-02-27
2015-01-13 05:26
A good set of surround headphones is best imo, I like hearing footsteps behind me and knowing where people are.
4790k@ 4.8, 16g Gskill TridentX, Asus Formula VII, EVGA 970's SLI, m.2 boot drive, raid SSD's game drives,4tb storage hdd. EVGA 1300 G2, AlphaCool Monsta Radiators, custom hard acrylic water loop, Twin d5 AlphaCool pumps, AlphaCool waterblocks, Triple 27" Asus Monitors, Logitech g930,g19s,g600,z5500,g13.
YoungNReckless95
CA Enlisted: 2014-01-07
2015-01-13 05:48
NightHawk_XVI said:
A good set of surround headphones is best imo, I like hearing footsteps behind me and knowing where people are.


You don't need surround. You only need Virtual Surround.
Rig: Intel i7 5820k 4.7Ghz 1.292V| Corsair H100i | MSI X99S SLI Plus | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB x4 | Samsung 500GB EVO SSD | EVGA GTX 970 SC W/ ACX 2.0 | EVGA 1000 G2 PSU | Case 750D | Monitor: BenQ XL2720Z 120Hz BenQ Motion Blur W/ Blur Buster Strobe Utility @ 1.5ms | Audio: SVS Ultra Bookshelves | SVS SB13-Ultra | Marantz SR7008 | AKG K712 Pros | SB ZxR
KingCapning
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-07
2015-01-13 06:44
YoungNReckless95 said:
KingCapning said:
YoungNReckless95 said:
KingCapning said:
I'd say, Headphones, War tapes.
Headphones is only good if you're using headphones.. War tapes is terrible.

iknowyounot88 said:
I wanna read your guys opinion on this. Which audio setting do you think is the best in sound quality, fidelity, and positioning? I have yet to decide which I prefer or what I think is best. So whatcha think?
-War Tapes
-TV (highly doubt the best)
-Hi-Fi
-Home Cinema
-Headphones


Personal preference. Headphones, if you're using headphones. Hifi/Home Cinema if you have 2.1, etc.
Personal preference really, even with speakers headphones is still good, i don't know with war tapes it just sounds better for some reason? maybe i have terrible hearing or something.
What speakers are you using lol


Some creative 5.1s from 2010 lol
https://www.youtube.com/user/Dmmzzz/videos I7 4790K, 2x ASUS STRIX 970, 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage, 27" ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q
ATX-Raug
CA Enlisted: 2012-06-21
2015-01-13 07:16
Ikaros-MeIan said:
I'd say "Headphones". Played with "War tapes" for a while but it sounded kinda uncomfortable. But it's easier to hear steps with it.

Edit: For speakers use "Home cinema"


war tapes IS uncomfortable in a lot of ways yes... however its the best for hearing your enemies

its very assaulting on your ears though ... turn your volume down a bit if you wanna use it ... there are certain rewards with war tapes
globefish23
AT Enlisted: 2011-11-14
2015-01-13 08:30
I use a 5.1 surround speaker setup, which works perfectly for positional audio and messing with your enemies when running around corners.

I play with War Tapes, because that one increases the volume of footsteps to a realistic level, like you would hear an enemy with 40 kg gear around a corner.
Unfortunately, it also boosts all other sounds from further away, which makes me jump every so often, because I think a helicopter is around the corner too.
The next best setting would be Home Cinema, but everything is much more silent, and if there's some gun fire or explosion near you, close by footsteps get drowned out.

I would really like an additional setting for some distance based volume boost for War Tapes.
Something that would allow to boost sounds near you (≤30m) and tone down far away sounds (≥150m)
MHbluey
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2015-01-13 09:39
I have 5.1 surround but for this game I use this setting :- headphones / stereo

war tapes is bad in bf4 imo
iknowyounaut
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-01-16 04:45 , edited 2015-01-16 04:46 by iknowyounaut
From my testing I found hiding to be the higher frequencies are focused on, and is a generally balanced, and home cinema obviously bass and up close sounds are the focus. Headphones is what I consider the most dynamic and provides a lot of head room, best positioning, and you can hear information best with this setting. With significance I tested this using surround sound headphones, while high af.
I still wanna hear your guys input! On things ij may have missed or anything!
"Not letting you win won't satisfy me, I'll teach you about loss." - Marilyn Manson
Raru_DJC
US Enlisted: 2014-06-02
2015-01-16 04:56
honestly i have an amazing 2.0 channel speaker set up and its all i need. i can tell where people are coming from how close they are and it great. And if you havent heard a ka 7100 amp play music out of some vintage 890c boleros then you really have never heard music. not being a snob this is just a fact.
Desturr
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2015-01-16 05:11
I found War Tapes to be the best. Sounds like players spawning and soldier chatter (ammo drop, medpack, spotting) seem to be increased. Gives a pretty big advantage when you can tell people are nearby. Also seem to be able to hear vehicles and tell their direction from a longer distance, although sometimes it doesn't work so well when going inside buildings.
 
Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.