Thread is locked.

About server mods and plugins

Towe174
DE Enlisted: 2012-06-06
2016-05-26 19:41
Why is DICE so willingly letting clans and other server admins ruin their game?
Why are servers with sniper, shotgun, weapon, equipment limits even a thing?
Why are "watchdogs" so prevalent in a game marketed for 18+ people anyway?

Why the hell is BF4 being even worse than some F2P games when it comes to actually being able to enjoy the game the way it was intended and balanced to be played?
Please DICE, set an end to ridiculous server plugins. If people wish to exclude 80% of the game, force them to do so on unranked servers.
If not for BF4, then please, for BF1.
Rev0verDrive
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2016-05-26 19:54
There's a "rumor" that for BF1 servers that limit weapons/vehicles/gadgets/explosives will be set as unranked. It makes sense And I'm for it.

As far as the "watchdog" aspect is concerned it's the server owner's prerogative to monitor and limit abusive language and disruptive gameplay. Being a racist bigot and spam flooding the chat with derogatory content is disruptive. Give it a whirl on a DICE event server and see what happens.
It looks like a Javelin, Locks and fires like a Javelin, but sadly it hits like a frog on a skip.
Towe174
2016-05-26 20:08
Now that's something I look forward to seeing.

My gripe with the "watchdogs" isn't the unnecessary swearing which they do filter quite well, but how ridiculously sensitive some of them are set up - just because some part of a random English word is a swearword in Italian etc., I get killed. Another random word, banned.
Incredibly prevalent on European multi-cultural servers - who would honestly consider something like that to be good?
Rev0verDrive
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2016-05-26 20:30
Towe174 said:
Now that's something I look forward to seeing.

My gripe with the "watchdogs" isn't the unnecessary swearing which they do filter quite well, but how ridiculously sensitive some of them are set up - just because some part of a random English word is a swearword in Italian etc., I get killed. Another random word, banned.
Incredibly prevalent on European multi-cultural servers - who would honestly consider something like that to be good?

Understandable, but also I can understand the admins filtering. The fact that the admins take into consideration the many cultures/languages of their playerbase is actually a good thing. It can be a pain at times, but it's part of the world we live in. There are slews of derogatory words in the American English language that aren't considered that way in other cultures. And Vice Versa.
It looks like a Javelin, Locks and fires like a Javelin, but sadly it hits like a frog on a skip.
Frogtooth
US Enlisted: 2013-05-04
2016-05-26 22:30
Rev0verDrive said:
There's a "rumor" that for BF1 servers that limit weapons/vehicles/gadgets/explosives will be set as unranked. It makes sense And I'm for it.

As far as the "watchdog" aspect is concerned it's the server owner's prerogative to monitor and limit abusive language and disruptive gameplay. Being a racist bigot and spam flooding the chat with derogatory content is disruptive. Give it a whirl on a DICE event server and see what happens.

I don't get all the complaints about weapon-limited servers. Nobody makes you play them. Why do you care what other people play? "I don't like it, so nobody else should be allowed to do it" is not a convincing argument.

There are a lot of these weapon limited servers. And they are popular. So DICE's response to that is "block it"?

Maybe they should listen to the message being sent. "Oh look, this is really popular, a few hundred servers do this and thousands of people play it every day, so we should ban it". Not a way to sell games.
S1ngular1ty
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2016-05-27 02:34 , edited 2016-05-27 02:38 by S1ngular1ty
Frogtooth said:
Rev0verDrive said:

I don't get all the complaints about weapon-limited servers. Nobody makes you play them. Why do you care what other people play? "I don't like it, so nobody else should be allowed to do it" is not a convincing argument.

There are a lot of these weapon limited servers. And they are popular. So DICE's response to that is "block it"?

Maybe they should listen to the message being sent. "Oh look, this is really popular, a few hundred servers do this and thousands of people play it every day, so we should ban it". Not a way to sell games.

Yep these noobs are runing Battlefield with their crying. If you don't like the server don't play on it. It is simple. Why should everyone do what you want them to? Some people might like playing on servers with custom rules.

Now DICE is going to nerf server administration in BF1 because of crying children. I bet the BF1 servers are going to be very locked down. It is a sad day for Battlefield.

Oh BTW, I wrote one of those weapon limiter plugins. :D

https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php?14472-Simple-Weapon-Limiter-v1-0-0-0 [forum.myrcon.com]

If you want a simple way to setup a custom server, like a knife and pistol only server you can use my plugin. 22 admins using it already and usage continues to grow.

I'll be modifying this to work in BF1 just to annoy you cry babies if DICE allows it.
Army_0f_0ne
Enlisted: 2014-05-30
2016-05-27 03:21 , edited 2016-05-27 03:22 by Army_0f_0ne
Since when did variety become a bad thing in video games that players feel the need to cry about it?

If a server isn't set up to a way that YOU enjoy then LEAVE and find another. Don't force me and others to play a particular way just because it suits YOU.

I for one love the idea of limits on certain weapons. For example:

People come here and complain ALL the time on the forums about how unbalanced gameplay is. You either crush the losing team or your team gets crushed.

The majority of the causes for this is because one team is usually swamped with kids sniping and don't care about PTFO. Putting a limit on it may make people actually help their team PTFO and have closer games.

And guess what? If they don't like the limits a server has they can always leave and find somewhere else to play.

I don't understand this "robotic" mentality that some people have thinking we should all enjoy the same cookie cutter gameplay.
Kotonoha_Days
GL Enlisted: 2013-02-13
2016-05-27 03:44
Rev0verDrive said:

lololololol
that won't happen
like i always played metro 'n locker
Gold Nova I rank
Towe174
2016-05-29 17:49
My gripe isn't with the average "Pistol only" or "TDM Locker no explosives" servers.
My issues is with ridiculous sniper limits that just murder you instantly without prior notice, and there's at least one pistol only server that instantly kills you if you just have some lethal grenade equipped. And then once because you use an gadget they dislike. And then once because you've also got an attachment on your primary (which you're not going to use anyway) that they don't like. That's just bs.

@RevOverDrive: I get the fact that servers try to appeal to all players, but everyone should be expected to converse in English. And English only. I also get when some localized servers add their own slurs to the filter list, but I will not accept being killed because some English word has a weird meining in Italian, French or some other third world language.
S1ngular1ty
2016-05-29 18:07
There is a plugin that enforces loadout on spawn. It is pretty annoying. I prefer enforcing on use of a weapon. People don't want to have to configure all their kits every time they join a server just so they can spawn without dying.

So yeah, on that I can agree.
N1trix31
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2016-05-29 19:34
How hard is it to find another server?

Weapon limits are actually really good and in most cases helps to improve the game. For example there could be a team with 90% snipers camping around the map not bothering playing the objective. I totaly understand the weapon limit plugin and I hope they'll be there in BF1 aswell.
S1ngular1ty
2016-05-29 21:04 , edited 2016-05-29 21:08 by S1ngular1ty
N1trix31 said:
How hard is it to find another server?

Weapon limits are actually really good and in most cases helps to improve the game. For example there could be a team with 90% snipers camping around the map not bothering playing the objective. I totaly understand the weapon limit plugin and I hope they'll be there in BF1 aswell.

They will be if DICE allows it. I'll update the one I wrote for BF4 to work with BF1. It is super simple to use.
GUNNY1966
2016-05-29 21:07
Frogtooth said:
Rev0verDrive said:

I'm with Frog on this one! Maybe if you took the time to read the server description before joining a server you wouldn't come onto the forums crying like a little sidewalk sissy! MAN-UP cowgirl & learn to read!
CoolerMaster HAFX 942 Red, CUSTOMIZED, ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME 1155-Z77, Intel i7-3770K, Windows 10, Browser - Google Chrome, GSkill 32GB 4-240 pin DDR3 2400 XMP, ( X 3 SLI ) - EVGA GTX670 4GB Super Clocked, Driver Version 364.51, Swiftech H20-320 ELITE, ( X2 ) - OCZ Vertex 4-256GB SSD - Set in RAID0, WD 500GB VelociRaptor, WD 1TB -7200RPM Black For back-up & storage, 1300W EVGA SuperNova G2, HT Omega Fenix 7.1, Aerocool Touch 2100 Fan Controller, ASTRO A40 Gaming Headset, Kasperski Internet Security, Kasperski Antivirus, [BUILD LOG/GUIDE] - UPDATED 11/17/13 http://www.overclock.net/t/1333831/build-log-guide-asus-maximus-v-extreme-z77-1155-by-gunny1966 , I can ALWAYS be found on TeamSpeak3 @ LABEL: KILLEM & CHILLEM -Take NO Prisoners / ADDRESS: 104.156.254.207:9144 * * * * * PUSH TO TALK IS PREFERRED * * * * * BF4 Tips/Tricks/Suggestions - * * * Updated 9 / 8 / 17 * * * https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/2511/bf4-help-tips-tricks-sugge
Axlerod1
2016-05-29 21:54
Towe174 said:
Why is DICE so willingly letting clans and other server admins ruin their game?
Why are servers with sniper, shotgun, weapon, equipment limits even a thing?
Why are "watchdogs" so prevalent in a game marketed for 18+ people anyway?

Why the hell is BF4 being even worse than some F2P games when it comes to actually being able to enjoy the game the way it was intended and balanced to be played?
Please DICE, set an end to ridiculous server plugins. If people wish to exclude 80% of the game, force them to do so on unranked servers.
If not for BF4, then please, for BF1.

Why the hell are you playing on admin ran servers when you can be playing on official servers.
Go play with all the hackers and cheaters there and then come back and complain.
Better yet just go play Call of Duty.
Towe174
2016-06-16 21:33
Axlerod1 said:
Why the hell are you playing on admin ran servers when you can be playing on official servers.
Go play with all the hackers and cheaters there and then come back and complain.

Awesome, yet another one of you imbeciles.
I want my experience on admin ran servers to at least resemble what it's like on the few official servers, and crazy mods like watchdogs just ruin that.

I really hope DICE provides a frontend for admins to modify BF1 when it comes around to adjust weapon limits etc., but forbids all other modifications and enforces a no-stacking system...
xTek4x
US Enlisted: 2013-10-02
2016-06-16 22:47 , edited 2016-06-16 22:48 by xTek4x
Towe174 said:
Axlerod1 said:
I want my experience on admin ran servers to at least resemble what it's like on the few official servers, and crazy mods like watchdogs just ruin that.

I really hope DICE provides a frontend for admins to modify BF1 when it comes around to adjust weapon limits etc., but forbids all other modifications and enforces a no-stacking system...

Well, then why don't you go pay for your own server and run it how you see fit. Don't want watchdog enforcers for what is said? Don't have it. Don't want weapon restrictions, don't enable it. Problem solved. Your server your rules. Go have fun.

But until people learn to actually respect each other outside of rules and enforcers, kicking/killing/banning people that can't follow SIMPLE rules, they can go find another server to play on because we don't want them on our server.

Oh, and as other people said, IF YOU don't like the rules of a server, then YOU go find another server. Don't make your problem everyone's problem because YOU don't like weapon restrictions, or whatever it is you want to cry about that day.
BigF33t_13
2016-06-16 23:15
Towe174 said:
Axlerod1 said:

Here's a novel idea. Stick to candy crush son.
Towe174
2016-06-17 12:24
And another American child. What exactly is your issue?

Holy crap the American BF community seems to be one huge lump of halfwitted 12 year olds...
140BeforePhogue
NL Enlisted: 2016-05-23
2016-06-17 12:41
Towe174 said:
And another American child. What exactly is your issue?

Holy crap the American BF community seems to be one huge lump of halfwitted 12 year olds...

The mature people have a different opinion than you.... so they must be halfwitted 12 year olds. What you show is the behaviour of a kiddo keyboard warrior.
You probably got kicked many times because of your behaviour in the ingame chat? How about some respect for the admins that pay for these servers, or some respect to your fellow gamers?

You could learn something about debating a topic and try to understand some else's opinion. Your 'truth' is usually not the only 'truth'.

And indeed it's simple: don't like how a server is setup. Don't play there. Find another server. Or even better: rent your own.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.