Thread is locked.

206-1 Attack Helicopter Siege of Shanghai

Jhawkmarine
US Enlisted: 2015-02-04
2016-06-05 16:36
TonkTooStronk said:
Jhawkmarine said:
Jlinz20 said:
Because people think the chopper is unfair on this map. They go back to the same rooftop they got killed by the chopper and get killed another 10 times. They'd rather blame the chopper than their own stupidity.

I rarely get killed by the chopper more than a couple of times when im actually moving between the flags as infantry.
Tonk I'm doing that with IFVs right now just need a good score on operation mortar.
Yeah I was kinda doing that as well. There's that one snow map that's fantastic for the IFV. ( Didn't play much DLC lol )
You are probably talking about operation whiteout 2 LAVs for each side and no real counter except the tank that spawns on a flag
Im good at EOD bots and UCAVs
R0gueWarrior
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2016-06-06 10:37
Jihad_Jockey said:
R0gueWarrior said:
Wow...

Doritos, Soft-core and Console.......That's Cute!
Hiding your profile is cuter.
Do you need doritos when you are using thermal sights?
Do the enemies have more health on hardcore?

Ah, DEFAULT! Did you know all you need to do is click on my Soldiers on the lower right side of the Screen you can see it!
Did I mention my BF4 has worked Flawlessly since initial Release! When you pay for my game, then you can tell me what weapons to use!
Trokey66
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-20
2016-06-06 12:22
R0gueWarrior said:
Jihad_Jockey said:
R0gueWarrior said:
Wow...

Doritos, Soft-core and Console.......That's Cute!
Hiding your profile is cuter.
Do you need doritos when you are using thermal sights?
Do the enemies have more health on hardcore?
Ah, DEFAULT! Did you know all you need to do is click on my Soldiers on the lower right side of the Screen you can see it!
With that many MBT LAW kills, I find your comments quite ironic........
the_manny500 said:
didn't watch. all noobs can pull a score like that on shanghai with atack heli
Go on then.
HUZZAH! English, ever reliable and damned tasty - Bang On!
dalkill786
ZA Enlisted: 2013-01-30
2016-06-06 14:37
Jlinz20 said:
Because people think the chopper is unfair on this map. They go back to the same rooftop they got killed by the chopper and get killed another 10 times. They'd rather blame the chopper than their own stupidity.

I rarely get killed by the chopper more than a couple of times when im actually moving between the flags as infantry.

I have to agree with you somewhat. If you want the C flag so much, be prepared to die ALOT. not just heli... but campers with c4 as well.
take a tank and take down the building. Still does not stop the heli run, but it does expose him to a greater area to be attacked.

But with what? The tank / rpg. Yes i had a few LUCKY shots but jeesh, that like shooting thru the eye of the needle. studied many a vid of well known gamers like xfactor explaining how to lead etc, etc... even commented on another guy who made a montage of all his heli kills. Was much impressed. Then i checked his stats and saw it even worse than mine. And mine is terrible. Even the almighty Xfactor did a couple of battlefeels of him doing it. Make no mistake. That man is good with the skill canon - rpg and tow. But then on other unedited gameplay i do see him miss a couple of times

So that tells me taking down heli with non locking weapon takes serious skill or luck - you decide.
Then you turn to the "loved" igla's or stingers. I have no problem resorting to these nubetoobs. I remember back in the day of bf3, trying to push out of spawn camp on firestorm, lvl 100 going ham , i took him out with igla... i get message "really, lvl 100 using igla". Even if it means a ban from a server, i WILL whip it out to help the team, or just take down the annoying heli.

So why not use it on SoS. Well it completey useless on this map. 4 igla missiles against unlimited counter measures? Yes it takes time to come back, but enough time to run inbetween the many buildings... and all the while you have half the other team sitting on roof tops sniping at this noob sitting in the open trying to track a heli. And if you lucky enough to have C flag, you go to top to get away from snipers and get better visibility on heli giving more time to get second shot after counter measure wears off, but after first shot, and if he good pilot, he follows the missile trace and there you are noob... you try to run behind cover but he just spams the building and the splash damage is just to much.

So it sometimes easy to say team not doing anything to take down heli, but especially on SoS, you simply can't if he / she a very good pilot. Which sadly i'm not so i can't get in heli and do something about it. I don't even try. Even if i wanted to... noobs just love it. there is a queue. You wonder why the hell we have no flags, chances are half you team standing in line for the heli.

This is why i only play locker. If i do accidentally venture outside this "safe" environment, and find myself against this type of ownage, my best defence is the quit button.
TOWtoTOW
US Enlisted: 2012-08-18
2016-06-06 18:20
Kill a pilot around 5 times and theyll probably leave kill him 10 times hes 100% gone
I grow stronger with every stinger users soul I eat
ReNeGaDe1337
US Enlisted: 2013-03-29
2016-06-06 19:21
Better slam that heli into the section of the road that doesnt make u take dmg! Ohhh just another glitch of SoS!
The OOR Starter Kit, Support Class LMG / Assault AEK to Wall Bang Watch how often it Holds true.
R0gueWarrior
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2016-06-06 23:23
Trokey66 said:

How so?
Did I mention my BF4 has worked Flawlessly since initial Release! When you pay for my game, then you can tell me what weapons to use!
ReNeGaDe1337
US Enlisted: 2013-03-29
2016-06-07 02:27 , edited 2016-06-07 02:28 by ReNeGaDe1337
I think the general consensus is that Normal mode is harder than Hardcore, You have more factors working against you.
The OOR Starter Kit, Support Class LMG / Assault AEK to Wall Bang Watch how often it Holds true.
WHISPonPCin240P
US Enlisted: 2013-12-26
2016-06-07 03:26 , edited 2016-06-07 03:29 by WHISPonPCin240P
dalkill786 said:
Jlinz20 said:

I have to agree with you somewhat. If you want the C flag so much, be prepared to die ALOT. not just heli... but campers with c4 as well.
take a tank and take down the building. Still does not stop the heli run, but it does expose him to a greater area to be attacked.

But with what? The tank / rpg. Yes i had a few LUCKY shots but jeesh, that like shooting thru the eye of the needle. studied many a vid of well known gamers like xfactor explaining how to lead etc, etc... even commented on another guy who made a montage of all his heli kills. Was much impressed. Then i checked his stats and saw it even worse than mine. And mine is terrible. Even the almighty Xfactor did a couple of battlefeels of him doing it. Make no mistake. That man is good with the skill canon - rpg and tow. But then on other unedited gameplay i do see him miss a couple of times

So that tells me taking down heli with non locking weapon takes serious skill or luck - you decide.
Then you turn to the "loved" igla's or stingers. I have no problem resorting to these nubetoobs. I remember back in the day of bf3, trying to push out of spawn camp on firestorm, lvl 100 going ham , i took him out with igla... i get message "really, lvl 100 using igla". Even if it means a ban from a server, i WILL whip it out to help the team, or just take down the annoying heli.

So why not use it on SoS. Well it completey useless on this map. 4 igla missiles against unlimited counter measures? Yes it takes time to come back, but enough time to run inbetween the many buildings... and all the while you have half the other team sitting on roof tops sniping at this noob sitting in the open trying to track a heli. And if you lucky enough to have C flag, you go to top to get away from snipers and get better visibility on heli giving more time to get second shot after counter measure wears off, but after first shot, and if he good pilot, he follows the missile trace and there you are noob... you try to run behind cover but he just spams the building and the splash damage is just to much.

So it sometimes easy to say team not doing anything to take down heli, but especially on SoS, you simply can't if he / she a very good pilot. Which sadly i'm not so i can't get in heli and do something about it. I don't even try. Even if i wanted to... noobs just love it. there is a queue. You wonder why the hell we have no flags, chances are half you team standing in line for the heli.

This is why i only play locker. If i do accidentally venture outside this "safe" environment, and find myself against this type of ownage, my best defence is the quit button.

You make it seem like every IGLA user must stand in the same spot.

Have an IGLA user on C, then depending on their spawn have a friend with an IGLA strategically placed where the heli will run to (not hard to figure out). Since the IGLA now goes through CMs, there's a good chance you'll hit your shot, then when the pilot seeks cover, your friend can finish him off (since he won't have CMs).

Boom. 2 people with lock-ons able to take out even the best of pilots on Shanghai. My friends and I have been trolling around doing this and it's extremely successful.

Now if you can't coordinate with your team, why should you single handedly be able to take out an attack chopper on the best heli map with a lock-on rocket?
BF4_CRASHS_AGAIN
AU Enlisted: 2014-02-03
2016-06-07 04:32
coldberserk said:
Always said that Shanghai could use at least one RHIB for each team. One neutral FAC just isn't enough to keep the AH in check

Seems like a good idea. I like a balanced game.
TheyHaveScissors
Enlisted: 2011-11-09
2016-06-07 15:52
BF4_CRASHS_AGAIN said:
coldberserk said:
Always said that Shanghai could use at least one RHIB for each team. One neutral FAC just isn't enough to keep the AH in check
Seems like a good idea. I like a balanced game.

RHIB for both teams, no flagspawned rhib or it will be spawncamped again by the AH crew farming the map. Just like they can do with the attack boat spawn.
Trokey66
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-20
2016-06-07 18:00
R0gueWarrior said:
Trokey66 said:
How so?
If you need me to explain.......
HUZZAH! English, ever reliable and damned tasty - Bang On!
OcL-JW99-NL
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2016-06-07 19:41
well says enough about the very op chopper.
dalkill786
ZA Enlisted: 2013-01-30
2016-06-09 05:36
WHISPonPCin240P said:
Now if you can't coordinate with your team, why should you single handedly be able to take out an attack chopper on the best heli map with a lock-on rocket?

Spot on there. This is a team game, and you need to play part of the team.
I use to be THAT guy, that turns around when gimme flashes - see my rant here - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064799892102180/ [battlelog.battlefield.com] .
Now i push as part of the sheep, and you know what ,my KD are sometime 4+ which is like ownage to me LOL. So now i don't play for the win any longer. Baaaaa - sheeplefield.

You are correct - It would be unfair to take out heli alone. Next time i will try that missile hit thru CM. Thanks for the tip
WHISPonPCin240P
US Enlisted: 2013-12-26
2016-06-09 06:09
dalkill786 said:
WHISPonPCin240P said:
Spot on there. This is a team game, and you need to play part of the team.
I use to be THAT guy, that turns around when gimme flashes - see my rant here - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064799892102180/ [battlelog.battlefield.com] .
Now i push as part of the sheep, and you know what ,my KD are sometime 4+ which is like ownage to me LOL. So now i don't play for the win any longer. Baaaaa - sheeplefield.

You are correct - It would be unfair to take out heli alone. Next time i will try that missile hit thru CM. Thanks for the tip

Awesome :D

I think if a pilot makes a mistake (push far w/out CMs, etc), a lone stigla user could and should take advantage, however on maps like Shanghai, it really does take outsmarting a good heli crew with tactics and teamwork.

Depending on which side the heli crew is on Shanghai, you'll see good pilots always have safe zones they fly back to after popping ECM (I know because I do it all the time in the scout and have gunned for great attack heli pilots). For example, if they are on CN, they'll always fly to E, behind the tallest circular building. Situating another IGLA near E would do the job.

And no problem! I'm just trying to educate some people here in hopes they'll stop complaining about choppers while continuing a lone-wolf style of gameplay.
TheyHaveScissors
2016-06-09 09:22
To get back on the RHIB's, on second thought, they wont work against AH crews that farm Shanghai servers.
RHIB guns got their range drastically reduced, and many AH crews take large distance and use cover now and then of the highest buildings while farming infantry on Shanghai. So it wont work.
Turban_Legend80
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2016-06-09 18:15
Sirlin_Handout said:
To get back on the RHIB's, on second thought, they wont work against AH crews that farm Shanghai servers.
RHIB guns got their range drastically reduced, and many AH crews take large distance and use cover now and then of the highest buildings while farming infantry on Shanghai. So it wont work.
Is the rhib mini gun the same as the passenger mini guns on the FAC?
The wagon rests in winter, the sleigh in summer, the horse never.
twonkydo0
GB Enlisted: 2014-02-12
2016-06-09 19:02
ChickNFoot said:
Amd people wonder why I never play Shanghi.
No.. No they dont.
sgadda
ES Enlisted: 2013-01-30
2016-06-09 21:08
Accuracy is on point tho! yeah ive been one of those ants before.. At that point of the game I make it my sole duty to do everything I can to take down that heli... Pull out the stingers boys! lots of coverage for helis in SOS tho
TheyHaveScissors
2016-06-14 09:13
sgadda said:
Accuracy is on point tho! yeah ive been one of those ants before.. At that point of the game I make it my sole duty to do everything I can to take down that heli... Pull out the stingers boys! lots of coverage for helis in SOS tho

Slow AA missile travelspeed + ECM cloud + lots of vertical out of bounds cover + hud indicator + decent gunner + no-aim splashdamage of 30mm shells = you die, heli never dies.

Using SRAW? GL hitting that, and its not even a disable anymore.

No, Shanghai is pretty broken and something is wrong with air-ground balance in BF4.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.