Thread is locked.

Shooting exercises/drills

Bearsfan5499
US Enlisted: 2012-11-17
2016-06-08 09:14
I'm looking to improve my accuracy when shooting, I recently been trying to take target practice before playing matches which has seem to help me a little, although my stats do not show reflect recent play. I pretty much suck at this game but really enjoy playing.

So my question is does anyone have any exercises/drills/games they perform in the test range that might help me improve my shooting? Thanks for any ideas.
EstCoy3
EE Enlisted: 2014-01-21
2016-06-08 10:56
Seeing your stats I can tell you're a sniper. I actually learned a lot from playing Op Metro. There is close-mid range where you learn how to dragscope and doing those fast flicks. Some times there is even very close range where you learn how to quick/noscope. I would recommend playing a lot 400% Metro servers, it helped me and I can't see why it can not help you.
Loose_Noodles
CG Enlisted: 2012-11-26
2016-06-08 12:35
OP, if you like playing recon & want to get better, put down the sniper rifle & pick up a carbine. you will learn the maps quicker & figure out ways of getting around faster. Most of the recon gadgets are designed to be used on or around the flags & the 'shadow' field upgrade is ridiculously OP if you are using a silencer (which you should) Your aim will massively improve, as will all your other stats SPM, KD, KPM ect ect.
If you enjoy sniping, then you can always go back to it, but I would say to get the best out of Battlefield4 you need to push objectives with the rest of us :)
Many new players are drawn to sniping because it gives them a bit of distance & gives them the chance to pop a few heads before they are killed. Don't worry about your stats, at first you will be owned but with time you will get better & probably get a lot more out of the recon class.
Playing this way will allow an easy transition into the other 3 classes too.
Even if you hate the idea, leave that bolt action alone for a whole evening & see how you go, I'm sure you will have a blast.

One day you will thank me ;)
Um Bongo, Um Bongo, We drink it in the Congo.
mpls_big_daddy
US Enlisted: 2013-12-11
2016-06-08 14:31
Test range.

Don't forget the barrels.

Hit the targets with primary and secondary, as you advance through it.

Go into the building. Learn how to clear a floor. I ADS around corners.

GET HEADPHONES.
Ban rock but paper fine. - Scissors
Bearsfan5499
2016-06-09 02:29 , edited 2016-06-09 02:36 by Bearsfan5499
mpls_big_daddy said:
Test range.

Don't forget the barrels.

Hit the targets with primary and secondary, as you advance through it.

Go into the building. Learn how to clear a floor. I ADS around corners.

GET HEADPHONES.

Thanks, I didn't even think about clearing the building.

And for the guy who posted first I had to look up drag scoping. Lol I been doing something similar but from all angles I go slow, trying really hard to get better at shooting. Not for k/d ratios but to be able to help the team I'm on.

The guy who posted second, I tried the carbine on recon class used mav to help team locate enemies but I need to get more Efficient with switching from each weapon/gadget. I don't really like camping I try to play aggressive and that's why I was asking for shooting tips because when in the moment I seem to just miss the enemy by a hair while they mow me down.

All useful information so far thanks a lot to everyone who has posted.
J0hnC0nstantine
LK Enlisted: 2013-02-18
2016-06-09 09:01
Adjust your sensitivity to your playstyle,find the sweet spot.Maybe reduce ADS sensitivity for more presicion.

I don't recommend going test range but if it helps you go for it,equip magnum and try to headshot 6 near target as fast as you can.This help a lot for switching between targets in real game
Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?
Bearsfan5499
2016-06-09 17:15
J0hnC0nstantine said:
Adjust your sensitivity to your playstyle,find the sweet spot.Maybe reduce ADS sensitivity for more presicion.

I don't recommend going test range but if it helps you go for it,equip magnum and try to headshot 6 near target as fast as you can.This help a lot for switching between targets in real game

Didn't realize I could adjust ADS sensitivity, I will definitely be playing around with that setting. I will also add the magnum exercise to my list at the range. Great idea thank you for the tips/ideas.
ztnahc
Enlisted: 2014-03-25
2016-06-15 18:09
Change sensitivity and start with a rof weapon that is slower sar21 is nice just get an idea of what to expect then work your way up till you are able to use that famas after that go back down the assault class based off rof durning that I'd say muzzel or com brakes can help you learn them faster but after you got it take them off and learn it again after this you know which weapons you like now if you favor various ones look at each map you play on what engagement range will you be at. controll where you need engagements< that sounds difficult but after awhile you will find yourself in better positions against an enemy and always know your way out of an engagement rooftops get off anything to separate a possibly of a lose fight another time relocate hope this helped
Shady_Moses101
Enlisted: 2014-11-20
2016-06-17 05:09
You can adjust the color of your cross hairs as well. Even in vehicles

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.