Thread is locked.

Stinger/IGLA Lock-On Time

Magic_Pepee
BR Enlisted: 2013-03-25
2016-06-16 09:47
Frackyou said:
said vehicles are easy mode. And you know they are. My linked BR was to prove a point that even someone with less than 20 hours in a vehicle can achieve a fairly high KDR and score

it's not a high k/d,i don't know why i have to tell you that again.
high k/d, imo is atleast 50. atleast. i would say a very high one would be over 100

you can easily do similar scores as infantry. hey, i jumped on to play bf3 yesterday. only played for 4 rounds, so this is nowhere the best i could do, especially considering i was playing alone. sfm, i'm not even good at infantry

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/88850932/367480185/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

as i said before, you were playing rush. none of the respected vehicle players play rush. we all play conquest
UFOGoldorak
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2016-06-16 13:58
KorpusDraige said:
UFOGoldorak said:
KorpusDraige said:
UFOGoldorak said:
KorpusDraige said:
UFOGoldorak said:
KorpusDraige said:
UFOGoldorak said:
I don't even know what you are trying to say anymore. Thats a JDAM on my attack jet never laser guided, NOT an option, ever. Laser guided is on my stealth because thats the ONLY option. Heat seekers, Laser guided are useless in jets. You brought it up, its not an argument. I use neither. The "hand held" kills i have using laser guided pales in comparison to anything else. Probably a ratio of 50:1.

Its not about this game anymore its about where games keep heading. Its pandering to the masses. AUTOMATION has to stop. Hand holding has to stop.
Both of your Xbox One and Xbox 360 accounts have Laser Guided on your Attack Jet equipped, It's not hard to see.
Haha what?? I haven't had a X1/360 in ages! I don't even remember who was playing what on those systems.. Thats your sticking point?? Im pretty sure Ive shot off an igla and Im pretty sure Ive been in the MAA before as well wtf are you on about..

Try sticking to the point I know its hard for some folks.
Point is, some "pilots" rather have an easy route and have nothing to fight against. I don't like locks as much as the next guy, but I never wished all of them to be gone and understand the importance of infantry having a slightly fighting chance. If you can't handle a few locks, then I suggest you go to a new playstyle in this game.
This has nothing to do with the point of this thread. Point is reducing lock time for the sake of balancing the game. Point is that complete BS. Point is they are trying to make it so a single infantry unit == jet/chopper/tank when it shouldn't be that way. Do NOT, --> NOT <--, try to follow, do NOT take away locks, just make them a group effort. BC's dart, or soflam, or anything that uses up more than 1 infantry unit to offset 1 vehicle unit. The only 1:1 equal to a jet should be a jet. You said a few locks :) cute. You must cherry pick your servers bud.
Coming fromt he guy who earlier said only heli/jets should take out heli/jets.

I don't cherry pick my servers buddy, try harder next time. I've probably heard more lock tones during my playtime in a week than you have during your entire playtime on this game.
Nope, obviously this is going way past your head, try re-reading. The only thing that should be able to take out a -->GOOD<-- pilot is another good pilot. Otherwise there should be more of an EFFORT from infantry to take the jet down. Something other than stick your thumb up your bum and look up.

Well then I would suggest you go outside and do something better with your life bud. That's not something to be proud of kid.
The forum kid telling the other forum guy to go outside. Classic. If you're a "GOOD" pilot, then you should be able to handle yourself around such stuff, right? Right.

You're correct, I can handle all of it just fine. Maybe you're just too dense to get whats being said. Fresh air would do you good. Game panders to the lowest common nub. Try wrapping that around your tiny little mind. I can play around it and do all the time but it doesnt mean its OK. It waters down the gameplay. You think its fun wining games +400 tickets because the other team has an army of nubs looking up? Or a MAA in the spawn the whole game? What risks do you keep talking about? There is no real risk just annoyances.. oh no I have to deploy counter measures and leave the area and come back 8 seconds later.. How is that risk? Why not turn it into a group effort of someone with soflam, and 2 others firing off and make it a 1 hit kill. That would be a risk to the pilot. That would be balancing the game without making everyone dumber.
EDBTZ
KorpusDraige
US Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2016-06-16 15:35
UFOGoldorak said:
You think its fun wining games +400 tickets because the other team has an army of nubs looking up? Or a MAA in the spawn the whole game? What risks do you keep talking about? There is no real risk just annoyances.. oh no I have to deploy counter measures and leave the area and come back 8 seconds later.. How is that risk? Why not turn it into a group effort of someone with soflam, and 2 others firing off and make it a 1 hit kill. That would be a risk to the pilot. That would be balancing the game without making everyone dumber.

You're obviously not that good to make the enemy mad, if you're thinking I'm only talking about lock ons, as "risks". I'm talking about being chased down by the Scout, while dogfighting in a 2v1 situation and maybe throw an Attack Boat in there as well. That sort of thing, as an example.

Love the "other team is nubs" comment. Want me to link you to videos where I've went flawless in scrims (team vs team)? I've done the same in pubs when there were a bunch of high ranked players, it does not matter.
Jet Help: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064784088148876/
Magic_Pepee
2016-06-16 15:38
KorpusDraige said:
it does not matter.

it does matter. but sure, it's definetely possible to do flawless on a competetive match, just like it is possible on public. i've done scores like 41-2, 41-3, 24-1 ec on 8v8 more then times then i care for
KorpusDraige
2016-06-16 15:42 , edited 2016-06-16 15:43 by KorpusDraige
Pepe8D said:
KorpusDraige said:
it does not matter.
it does matter. but sure, it's definetely possible to do flawless on a competetive match, just like it is possible on public. i've done scores like 41-2, 41-3, 24-1 ec on 8v8 more then times then i care for

The "doesn't matter" part is referring to mostly "high ranks" in a public game. It's not a scrim so they're not really coming together to try and stop you, it's just random stuff. Scrims, obviously is harder and you have to play your cards a lot better, just need to be smart about it. I can't help who is in the pub server or not though. I'm not going to get my quit percentage up by quitting and quitting, until I see a server populated by a bunch of high ranks who will just do the same thing the low ranks do.
Jet Help: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064784088148876/
UFOGoldorak
2016-06-16 16:15
KorpusDraige said:
UFOGoldorak said:
You think its fun wining games +400 tickets because the other team has an army of nubs looking up? Or a MAA in the spawn the whole game? What risks do you keep talking about? There is no real risk just annoyances.. oh no I have to deploy counter measures and leave the area and come back 8 seconds later.. How is that risk? Why not turn it into a group effort of someone with soflam, and 2 others firing off and make it a 1 hit kill. That would be a risk to the pilot. That would be balancing the game without making everyone dumber.
You're obviously not that good to make the enemy mad, if you're thinking I'm only talking about lock ons, as "risks". I'm talking about being chased down by the Scout, while dogfighting in a 2v1 situation and maybe throw an Attack Boat in there as well. That sort of thing, as an example.

Love the "other team is nubs" comment. Want me to link you to videos where I've went flawless in scrims (team vs team)? I've done the same in pubs when there were a bunch of high ranked players, it does not matter.

Again you go off on some stupid tangent... What are you talking about???? Who's talking about other air units and boats? Are you only able to read at a 6th grade level? Make the enemy mad? WHAT??! I couldn't care less what you do in your games. This has nothing to do with you. This has nothing to do with me. It's about how this game caters to nubs. THAT IS ALL. They want 1 SINGLE infantry unit to match up 1:1 with a pilot so they include automated lock on weapons. Then they buff said weapons because a GOOD pilot can still wreak havoc. So instead of getting in a jet, getting better and doing something about it, this thread wants to reduce lock times so it takes even less effort.. THAT IS NOT BALANCING. That's watering down the game just to make is fair.
EDBTZ
Jlinz20
US Enlisted: 2012-03-16
2016-06-16 16:32
UFOGoldorak said:
KorpusDraige said:
UFOGoldorak said:

Again you go off on some stupid tangent... What are you talking about???? Who's talking about other air units and boats? Are you only able to read at a 6th grade level? Make the enemy mad? WHAT??! I couldn't care less what you do in your games. This has nothing to do with you. This has nothing to do with me. It's about how this game caters to nubs. THAT IS ALL. They want 1 SINGLE infantry unit to match up 1:1 with a pilot so they include automated lock on weapons. Then they buff said weapons because a GOOD pilot can still wreak havoc. So instead of getting in a jet, getting better and doing something about it, this thread wants to reduce lock times so it takes even less effort.. THAT IS NOT BALANCING. That's watering down the game just to make is fair.

1. Development of this game is over, stop getting upset, the lock times aren't changing

2. Infantry AA doesn't go toe to toe with air vehicles, they are high damage but easily avoidable by anyone who knows what they are doing. They are good deterrent weapons, as they should be seeing how easy they are to use. The only time I get a kill with a stinger or igla is if the pilot is an idiot or of i catch them preoccupied.

3. People like to quote the damage increase stingers and iglas got but conveniently leave out the nerfs they simultaneously received (slower travel speed, slower acceleration, larger turning radius, nerfed resupply times for engineer launchers) along with the fixes and improvements seen to countermeasures. Complaining that the damage on them got upped just makes you look uninformed.
BF4 2016 Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx4JS8TJjD4
KorpusDraige
2016-06-16 16:48
UFOGoldorak said:
KorpusDraige said:
UFOGoldorak said:

You asked for "other risks" and I replied with what other risks I was talking about. You act as though things are going to change. Nothing more is going to be buffed or nerfed, making this thread useless anyway.

Again, not everyone is interested in investing their time into learning how to fly. That is something you have to keep at and keep practicing to stay ahead. Not everyone is interested in that. Obviously there will be other means for them to take out air. The way I see it is, if you're a legit pilot, then the only problem you should have is with active radar, not stingers or iglas which are easily avoidable.
Magic_Pepee
2016-06-16 16:50
KorpusDraige said:
The way I see it is, if you're a legit pilot, then the only problem you should have is with active radar, not stingers or iglas which are easily avoidable.

not always in helicopters. especially when you keep in mind that some maps (cough lancang cough golmud) have no cover, and ecm fails are still a thing
KorpusDraige
2016-06-16 16:51 , edited 2016-06-16 17:00 by KorpusDraige
Pepe8D said:
KorpusDraige said:
The way I see it is, if you're a legit pilot, then the only problem you should have is with active radar, not stingers or iglas which are easily avoidable.
not always in helicopters. especially when you keep in mind that some maps (cough lancang cough golmud) have no cover, and ecm fails are still a thing

I'm talking about jets :). But yes, I think choppers get locked worse.
UFOGoldorak
2016-06-16 17:18
KorpusDraige said:
UFOGoldorak said:
KorpusDraige said:
UFOGoldorak said:

You asked for "other risks" and I replied with what other risks I was talking about. You act as though things are going to change. Nothing more is going to be buffed or nerfed, making this thread useless anyway.

Again, not everyone is interested in investing their time into learning how to fly. That is something you have to keep at and keep practicing to stay ahead. Not everyone is interested in that. Obviously there will be other means for them to take out air. The way I see it is, if you're a legit pilot, then the only problem you should have is with active radar, not stingers or iglas which are easily avoidable.

That's all fine and great. You don't want to spend the time in a jet that's fine but the counter to that is not an automated launcher. Something that mindless should not be a part of ANY game no matter how easy it is to avoid because its just going to get spammed. A "balanced" counter is a group effort akin to something I stated before. If your pilots fail and you chopper fails and your AA fails and your boats fail then coordinate an attack and take out the jet. Automation in games needs to go away, be it in the next iteration BF or in other tittles. Enough pandering. If you don't put enough time be prepared to be rolled over be it a jet, a tank a chopper.. That's how it should be.
EDBTZ
Agrieas
US Enlisted: 2015-07-11
2016-06-16 17:29 , edited 2016-06-16 19:44 by Agrieas
I see these all the time and I shake my head, maybe I'm a hypocrite but, I've been on both sides of just about every argument. Again maybe this is just me but it really all comes down to your point of view. People complain about snipers, Stinger/Igla, jeephad, bad medics, taxiing, and all other kinds of BS. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion but just so you know, only you care about your opinion. I use stinger, I snipe, I do alot of these things. I try to be a team player and be efficient but I have done and still do some of these things as I'm sure some of you have.

Now I am well aware this is my opinion and as I said only I care, but seriously it's just a game. Each individual bought these games to play and are entitled to play as they choose whether you like it or not. Also whining about someone playing a game in a manner you dislike, and saying something like 'use an RPG like a man' doesn't really make you a a great example of a man or a gentlemen. As for realism, I am sure this game is supposed to be somewhat realistic otherwise I don't think they would make the physics and dynamics as they did. Now no one may like what I said and I don't care, but can you read this and honestly say that I am wrong?
Magic_Pepee
2016-06-16 18:17
KorpusDraige said:

ecm failing still applies then, and it's an absolute disgrace they still haven't fixed it
Frackyou
US Enlisted: 2012-03-31
2016-06-16 18:24
Pepe8D said:
it's not a high k/d,i don't know why i have to tell you that again.
high k/d, imo is atleast 50. atleast. i would say a very high one would be over 100

And if I had had more than 5 minutes, (you keep ignoring that) it might've been higher, then again it may not have been, I did have a close call around 3 minutes in with about 4 AT infantry and the enemy BTR. I only had one person supporting me at the time.

Looks like you do average around 100kills in 23-24 minutes or so, judging solely by your posted armor BR's. Which is roughly 4.2(impressive) kills a minute, multiply 4.2 kpm by 5 minutes is...21, oh dear.
So in the 5 minutes I was in that round, I performed comparably to you, statistically speaking. I know you'd beat me in a match, but I am talking statistics, since that is what we use on the forums to judge players. I also can't say I could have maintained that, while they are easy to do well with, they do take more than 5 minutes here and there with decent support to perfect. I've never disputed that.

as i said before, you were playing rush. none of the respected vehicle players play rush. we all play conquest

And while I acknowledge you are a competitive player and are quite good. I have no respect for you, either. You farm noob servers to inflate stats that would still be impressive if you fought in your weight class, albeit lower. But, It looks like you bail on matches if you go 9-4. Making it appear like you had some competition and didn't care for it.

"Blah blah blah, I feel insulted because someone called my favorite way to play 'easy mode."
Ok, so this isn't an actual quote. But this is what I hear from you. Don't know why you keep whining about a fact.

I'm starting to think you are as mentally deficient as that console scrub that thinks he's good. At least you are an exceptional mentally deficient player, inflated stats or no.
KorpusDraige
2016-06-16 18:24
Pepe8D said:
KorpusDraige said:
ecm failing still applies then, and it's an absolute disgrace they still haven't fixed it

Honestly, it works better for me now then it did a while back. Before it felt like a 80% chance ecm would fail and I would receive a hit. Now it feels like a 30-40% chance I will get hit. However, yes it's still a broken countermeasure, thankfully we won't be dealing with that in BF1, and therefore will be dealing with new stuff.
Magic_Pepee
2016-06-16 19:28
Frackyou said:
And if I had had more than 5 minutes, (you keep ignoring that) it might've been higher, then again it may not have been, I did have a close call around 3 minutes in with about 4 AT infantry and the enemy BTR. I only had one person supporting me at the time.

Looks like you do average around 100kills in 23-24 minutes or so, judging solely by your posted armor BR's. Which is roughly 4.2(impressive) kills a minute, multiply 4.2 kpm by 5 minutes is...21, oh dear.
So in the 5 minutes I was in that round, I performed comparably to you, statistically speaking. I know you'd beat me in a match, but I am talking statistics, since that is what we use on the forums to judge players. I also can't say I could have maintained that, while they are easy to do well with, they do take more than 5 minutes here and there with decent support to perfect. I've never disputed that.

did you literally compare what i did in 23-24 minutes (ON AVERAGE) on conquest, to what you did in a nitpicked 5 minute rush report?

dude, stop it. you are pushing your agenda far too much now

Frackyou said:
I'm starting to think you are as mentally deficient as that console scrub that thinks he's good.

oh god, you are a pc elitist too. fyi, there are terrible players on pc, just like on console. you happen to be one of them
x_Undaunted_x
CH Enlisted: 2013-03-17
2016-06-16 20:46 , edited 2016-06-17 00:56 by x_Undaunted_x
Pepe8D said:
KorpusDraige said:

Choppers are definitely going to get it worse since, by nature, they're much slower.

And yes... ECM failing not being fixed is absolutely disgraceful. I hear people say all the time how DICE "catered to the flyboys/rotorheads." Funny that their catering was essentially fixing several issues that were in the game since launch that shouldn't have been there. Funny how they want certain broken aspects of their game fixed but we shouldn't have ours fixed. Hypocrisy at its finest.
The_Violator_NZ
NZ Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2016-06-16 21:16
These kids are seriously trying to argue with Korpus? No respect. No idea. No clue. Stop posting Frack you and Trokey, you are pathetic.
I'm bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher, in other words sucker, there is no other. I'm the one and only Violator.
parkingbrake
Enlisted: 2011-12-11
2016-06-16 21:37
They want 1 SINGLE infantry unit to match up 1:1 with a pilot so they include automated lock on weapons.

That's nonsense, one guy with a Stinger or whatever is going to take down only very bad pilots with rare exceptions. Lock-ons are effective (at least at getting kills) only when used by organized squads. Most of the time all they accomplish is keeping aircraft at a distance so they can't farm kills. However annoying that might be to pilots, it is hardly game-breaking.

There is nothing in the terms of service which says you are entitled to a certain level of success, or that only players of your skill level are allowed to kill you, or that an injustice has been committed if you are are killed with a weapon you disapprove of. And anyone who thinks that BF5/1 will be free of weapons or features that allow those filthy casuals to kill more skilled players is dreaming--brace yourselves folks, the new game is bound to have stuff that will annoy you at least as much as lock-on weapons do now.
Trokey66
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-20
2016-06-16 22:28
The_Violator_NZ said:
These kids are seriously trying to argue with Korpus? No respect. No idea. No clue. Stop posting Frack you and Trokey, you are pathetic.
I think the Antipodean sun has fried your brain mad Aussie. If you had bothered to read, you would see that I responded to Korpus once......

To agree with him!

We both understand that given the nature of a modern shooter with modern vehicles, Lock Ons are an integral part of the game. We may disagree on specifics but we are not a million miles apart either.

But then your mate ZERO made the same mistake. Hang on, is he your alt?

I find it strange that some in here demand that players must use teamwork to down air then complain about Stigla spam. In their rage, it would appear that they fail to realise that that 'Stigla spam' could be players working together!

Bizarre!

Still, no Lock Ons in BF1 but as air is made of wood and fabric, all small arms should do damage. Time will tell.
HUZZAH! English, ever reliable and damned tasty - Bang On!

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.