Hey guys, you don't need to disable real time protection, (18 years of corporate IT experience here). This is what you need to do. At least this will work for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 with IE 10 or IE 11. I'm not sure about Win 7 as I didn't bother to test it however I'm sure it will work for you Win7 people too. 32 and 64 bit doesn't matter here.
The reason why Windows Defenderr real time protection seems to be the issue is how it works in tandem with IE and it's protections. I'm also not running anything in Admin mode or any other BS like that. So I'm running Origin in regular mode with no tweaks, installed both in the default area on one computer and a custom area in another so for all you SSD guys out there that say, what if I have it installed in X, it doesn't matter.
All you really need to do is to:
1. Launch Origin or BF4
2. Go to the gear at the upper right section of your IE, you are looking to get into "Internet Options"
3. Go to the security tab
4. Click on Trusted Sites, drop the Security Level slider down to Medium-Low.
5. Click on the sites button below it
6. If it doesn't already put this in there for you, type / copy this into your "Add this website..."
7. Uncheck the box "Require server verification" as battle log doesn't run in HTTPS
8. Click on the "Add" button and it will appear in the lower box of "Websites:"
10. The next thing I do is take IE out of "Protected Mode" Protected mode is a joke and basically makes your internet browser useless on many sites. You will not really be opening yourself up to more than normal however this alone is not enough to make BF4 run.
11. Once I do that, OK yourself out of IE options
You will want to close ALL IE browser windows. You need a complete restart of IE, not your computer but all IE browsers need to be closed and re-opened.
Launch Origin or BF4 how you normally would and check it out. All good.
Simple as that.