One hit kill is still not fixed on ps4

MUPOUTIT
IE Enlisted: 2011-11-18
2013-12-12 14:10
So last night i played a few rounds of rush and a lot of the same players stayed for a good few matches from each team, there was on guy on the other team who i wont name but he killed me about 8/9 times over the course of about 5 matches using a m240b, the first kill he got took a split second and i said to myself that was a good shot, i will always give props to good skill when i see it, then a bit later in the same round it happened again and by the fourth time i knew there was something up when he got a one hit kill from a mile away with no bipod and what would have to be the max range of the weapon with the set up he had on it.

So if an admin reads this please tell dice that there is still an issue with one hit kills on ps4 at least also since the patch on dec 5th there are texture pop in on a few maps which were not there before, if anyone has had any of these issues since the last two patches or any new ones please post and cheers
watofit2
US Enlisted: 2013-11-15
2013-12-12 14:13
I still notice it quite a bit with the SCAR.
kenpokillz
US Enlisted: 2011-12-21
2013-12-12 14:20 , edited 2013-12-12 14:20 by kenpokillz
true. still happens. not sure its the bug or some other issue though. game still got a lot of issues. could be lag...could be the hits arent registering until your dead already. i've noticed its very difficult to determine where you are getting hit from in this game...way more difficult than bf3. sometimes someone right behind shooting away with no suppressor wont show up on the screen...tanks blasting away...nope. i think the radius is about 2 feet i swear. my favorite is getting one shotted from across the map by a sniper who is hiding behind a mountain...while your hiding behind 4 buildings and a mountain.
Ratinen
FI Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2013-12-12 14:21
I noticed the same thing... and i actually didn't notice it before the patch. But last night i died alot because of OHK..im sure.. and also with the m240b.
James-G-Spot
US Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2013-12-12 14:38
It doesn't matter what gun, an it doesn't seem to matter what range, sometimes when you get hit, the bullet damages you until you die. I have had it happen countless times. When you think about how long this game has been out, an the only thing has actually been fixed was the emp blur, yesterday, this game is a fookin joke. I have yet to be able to play two games in a row without a crash since the new patch, which is worse than before. I'm glad i didn't premium this time around. If i could, i would get my money back for the game, then buy it again used when it was fixed. I can say for a fact though, this is my last DICE/EA game that im buying at launch, an im sure alot of other people are in the same boat. Next time im waiting a minimum of 4 months.
teamxfinity.org
MUPOUTIT
2013-12-12 14:45
I kind of expected more people would have it as well and i also got killed behind a wall too but that only happened one time but it was obvious, and all of this would have been avoided if ea left the game off till dice said that they were ready rather than try to take on cod, at the rate things are going the dlc for this game will be weeks away from there original dates
casen_
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-12-12 14:47
ummm.... Headshot?

240's put ALOT of bullets downrange ya know..
James-G-Spot
US Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2013-12-12 14:47
MUPOUTIT said:
I kind of expected more people would have it as well and i also got killed behind a wall too but that only happened one time but it was obvious, and all of this would have been avoided if ea left the game off till dice said that they were ready rather than try to take on cod, at the rate things are going the dlc for this game will be weeks away from there original dates

At the rate this is going you won't have space on your hard drive for dlc. 3 607mb patches that ended fixing 1 thing. Think about it.
teamxfinity.org
nrltari
US Enlisted: 2013-10-29
2013-12-12 14:49
well, then equip with a m240 also and blast his ass back!
Dead-Sync
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-12-12 14:49
While the OHK has primarily been fixed, DICE still said theres an issue with interpolation (which I honestly don't know much about - something regarding net code and latency) that still makes it feel like you're getting killed in one hit. They still are looking for a fix for this.

However, the actual OHK bug where you'd actually receive like double damage because the damage was issued in 2 frames, was fixed.

So yes and no, it's still there, but at least the game's issue is resolved. Now its a matter of net code.
They call me the "Professor of Battlefield" | BF4 Platinum Trophy
X_TheHuntsman_X
US Enlisted: 2013-12-10
2013-12-12 14:50
I get one hit killed a lot, but I've only one hit killed two people. No, I'm not just horrible. I have a 2 K/D. The point is I still think it is a problem too. This game is amazing when it works right though.
MUPOUTIT
2013-12-12 14:54
Dead-Sync said:
While the OHK has primarily been fixed, DICE still said theres an issue with interpolation (which I honestly don't know much about - something regarding net code and latency) that still makes it feel like you're getting killed in one hit. They still are looking for a fix for this.

However, the actual OHK bug where you'd actually receive like double damage because the damage was issued in 2 frames, was fixed.

So yes and no, it's still there, but at least the game's issue is resolved. Now its a matter of net code.

As far as i know interpolation has to do with when you get notice of getting a kill or being killed yourself via the kill screen, there seems to be a miss match between the data getting to either player after a death
00Ramrod00
US Enlisted: 2011-12-20
2013-12-12 14:55
The fact that it's now a net code issue isn't good. Net code was never improved on bf3.
LBillionze
Enlisted: 2013-11-15
2013-12-12 16:12 , edited 2013-12-12 16:13 by LBillionze
One and Two Shot Kills. This is happening to me more times than not. I'm playing on PS4 It seems my kills take 5-10 shots to register enough damage to kill someone. With the SCAR-H and ACE 52 taking 5-6 shots and up to 8-10 shots with the Type95 and AK5C (Mind you I've been killed by those same guns with a One or Two shot kill from and enemy after I shot them several times with a gun that does more damage). Sometimes it seems I get shot twice and I die. It peeves me to shoot a guy 4-5 times and he just turns around and get a 1-2 shot kill. I never get a chance to recover after being shot once from someone I didn't see or is across the board and happen to hit me while I'm running. Also I've noticed that I've had an enemy in my sights dead to rights and shoot a few bursts of automatic fire and no bullets hit them. I've been playing Battlefield for a while and I know how to aim and shoot so it just seems strange that I would miss someone that bad. Another thing is recoil seems to be somewhat sketchy With guys just holding down the trigger and most of their shots hitting directly on target even with me taking defensive maneuvers such as sidestepping, strafing, running or laying down to decrease my attack surface profile. These were very effective tactics that I use in BF3 and COD but it seems some people have that advantage of no recoil.
kenpokillz
US Enlisted: 2011-12-21
2013-12-12 19:22 , edited 2013-12-12 19:25 by kenpokillz
interpolation is knowing 2 points and assuming whats between them is a straight line. ie you and your opponent are the points and everything in between is an assumption based on the coding. at least thats what i remember from high school back when dirt was the next 'big thing'

ramrod (yeah i wrote it) is righ). i remember DICE giving us the ol FU when they were asked if the netcode could be changed back the bf3 days. it wasnt a "we wont do it"... it was more like a "we cant do it"