Thread is locked.

What’s Next in Battlefield 4?

T0TALfps
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-02-19 17:06
A while back, we talked about the road ahead for Battlefield 4 [battlelog.battlefield.com]™ and how we will continue to support the game with more content. We were pretty vague. Now however, the time is right for shedding some more light on what you can expect going forward.

We plan to release new content in a slightly different way, always with our ear to the ground and enhancing the game based on your feedback. Expect game updates and tweaks, but also bigger content drops.

Create the Community Map with Us

Ok. This is something we’ve never done before. There’s a piece of content coming in 2015 that we’re really excited about. We will build a Battlefield 4 map together with you – the community. Together with our development team, you will get to shape a playable map based on your input and expertise on what makes a fun multiplayer level. This map will then be tested and tweaked in the CTE (Community Test Environment), available for Battlefield 4 Premium members.

View our youtube video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8i3DGUGwfo [youtube.com]

As part of this CTE testing you will be providing feedback* on the map, and creating the final thing together with us. During this process we’ll be sharing behind-the-scenes details of what the development process for making a multiplayer map looks like.

As a thank you to the Battlefield community for sticking to your Battlefield 4 guns and giving excellent feedback to improve the game, we want to show our appreciation by releasing the “Community Map” on all platforms.

Give Community Map feedback on the Battlefield 4 CTE forum [cte.battlelog.com]

Winter Patch Arriving in March

In March, we’ll deploy what we call the Winter Patch, polishing things like netcode and soldier collision. This update will also tweak one of our competitive game modes, Squad Obliteration. Fast-paced and hugely focused on team work, this will become the lead competitive game mode for Battlefield 4.

In case you haven’t had the chance to try it yourself yet, Squad Obliteration features two five-player teams fighting for possession of a bomb on the map. Your goal is to destroy two out of three enemy bases with these bombs to win. Our ambition with Squad Obliteration is to create something fast and challenging for the players and an entertaining experience for those who watch the matches.

More to Come

Stay tuned for more news on Battlefield 4 updates including the Community Map and more. It should be a fun ride since you’ll be helping perfect the experience together with us.

Thomas Andersson
Creative Director, Battlefield 4 | DICE LA

* Respect the rights of others. Provide only content (1) that is not defamatory, obscene, offensive or indecent, (2) that is not confidential or proprietary and (3) that does not violate or infringe any third party rights. By providing, you grant EA all licenses needed to enable EA’s use of the content for any purpose. EA’s Terms of Service apply. [ea.com]
*Some of my posts may not represent the opinions of EA or DICE. ^TFPS.
MuRD3RSk1LLz-OG
IE Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2015-02-19 17:22
Lockable Doors would be nice
Bad Company 2 Attack Pilot
Naththe1
Enlisted: 2015-01-30
2015-02-19 17:25
Can you fix the lag and stuttering, keep trying to play but losing patience as it's unplayable most times, WiFi connection is 1 st class and have no issues with any other have I own, shame really as the game in principle looks great.
SmoothieKingLive
US Enlisted: 2014-10-29
2015-02-19 17:31
Naththe1 said:
Can you fix the lag and stuttering, keep trying to play but losing patience as it's unplayable most times, WiFi connection is 1 st class and have no issues with any other have I own, shame really as the game in principle looks great.

Try playing on servers close to your area.....yes a do have lag....but its maybe once every 15 games. Then its comes and goes....Playable enough for me
Los
deadshadowkiller
US Enlisted: 2013-02-02
2015-02-19 17:31
I would love to have a map with submarines
eXcDrake
US Enlisted: 2013-10-03
2015-02-19 17:33
I would love for lag compensation to be addressed so US servers weren't full of high ping bullet sponges.
If you're thinking about buying Battlefront, watch this first: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/eXc%20Drake/video/12909329
DBT_77
US Enlisted: 2013-10-31
2015-02-19 17:34
until you fix the OOR players flooding the U S servers the game is broke and unplayable ,,, until then i could careless about anything else that is the first and only thing to care about and focus on. I want to be able to enjoy what we have first. to even be able to play the game without high ping exploiting cheats in every and i mean EVERY dam server i join in my own region . FIX THAT then get back to us
Ki77yZa
ZA Enlisted: 2015-02-04
2015-02-19 17:36
I think a map where the teams are on multiple planes... then about 3 minutes into the round the plane blows and you crash in an ocean etc. with islands and wreckage around you. (Note it would be nice if the plane was levolution based, f.e. Someone could blow a hole in the side with C4 and the plane would crash...)
But if you guys feel the island idea is getting old... maby something that hasn't been done before... like... a type of post-nuclear explosion in a city or something, that's up to the Premium members to decide... but anyway... I would love it if you look at this message and maby take some of my ideas. Sorry if I've given negative feedback up untill this point, I was extremely frustrated with all the DLC's and Instant unlocks going on like a F2P game. Used to stay away from the big names, but BF4 has brought me closer again (After I got the ACW-R of course!) I also love the idea of BF Hardline, going to buy it as soon as I can! Thnx for a great game and all your hard work sofar!
BACKYARDBULLY38
US Enlisted: 2014-08-24
2015-02-19 17:37
We need a down out right in your face a$$ kicking map.....make it kinda small so it becomes a bigger fire fight an the option to have 64 players. No upstairs no roof camping just a strait up front line fire fight. Somthing like storming the beach an the other team has to dig in fast an stop us from pushing them back .
,!,,
xborn
US Enlisted: 2012-03-18
2015-02-19 17:37
What would be great in the map is either the map being a jungle map or part jungle. It would be awesome to fight through jungle terrain and foliage. I really hope to see some jungle in the map!
Xborn
ghestheria
US Enlisted: 2013-03-11
2015-02-19 17:39
bigger maps,more guns,more tech,and alot more CQC and more urban/rural areas with sniper cover and choke points for quick trigger large scale fire fights
SmoothieKingLive
US Enlisted: 2014-10-29
2015-02-19 17:39
BACKYARDBULLY38 said:
We need a down out right in your face a$$ kicking map.....make it kinda small so it becomes a bigger fire fight an the option to have 64 players. No upstairs no roof camping just a strait up front line fire fight. Somthing like storming the beach an the other team has to dig in fast an stop us from pushing them back .

That sounds like Operation Locker & Metro buddy !! haha
Los
TheBest_1420
BR Enlisted: 2013-12-25
2015-02-19 17:41
I think BF4 should have a mix map like Half jungle Half urban fight...
The Phantom Is Coming !
madkingdom
CO Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-02-19 17:45
I would love to see hacking devices with real Puzzles...and not blowing Mcoms,

i mean : Defender team create some Code in the Mcom, so attackers need to disable it in order to achieve the infiltration. This mcom unlocks some weapons for the attacker team or maybe a vehicle... or visceversa!
latroskapoll
CmdrNoel
DE Enlisted: 2012-10-26
2015-02-19 17:46
an Urban map like a jungle or rainforest would be nice
KingsGaming
US Enlisted: 2013-01-14
2015-02-19 17:46
Im thinking more of a city map like seige of shanghai, but match it with the rain theme of the game, the setting will be night time, city, lights coming off buildings, raining, every 5-6 minutes lightning strikes; Showing parts of the map lit up, i think that type of setting would be amazing
MegaDove-VX9-
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2015-02-19 17:49
tourist map like "port of roses" in Slovenia with trenches anybody? I Google it...and it looks promising.
ESF-Fr0zEnBe4r
GR Enlisted: 2014-04-19
2015-02-19 17:50
first try to fix the bugs and then come tell us this
TheGrimDreamer
NL Enlisted: 2014-12-23
2015-02-19 17:51
JuniorWar1409 said:
I think BF4 should have a mix map like Half jungle Half urban fight...

That would be an awesome fight in an ancient Inca/Maya city :p
And the levolution would be some kind of judgment day prophecy xD
general-x-jeff
Enlisted: 2013-12-25
2015-02-19 17:56
A cardboard box would be nice. Shove 64 players into a 4x4 hole and watch and the one guy places down C4 and instantly becomes 32-1.
epix gameo

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.