Thread is locked.

RPK-74M or RPK-47?

xXTrooperXx89
FR Enlisted: 2011-11-29
2015-07-18 07:45
After the Spring Patch, a bunch of weapons got changed like the RPK-74M. it got a damage and base accuracy changes but there are some slight errors with the description.

-Noticeably the caliber is incorrect. It should say "7.62 x 39 mm" instead of "7.62 x 54 mm" otherwise the damage drop-off would be the same as the M240B, M60E4 or the PKP.

-Also, if the caliber was changed then the weapon's name is also wrong. If was doing the old damage model using the 5.45 x 39 mm then it would be the RPK-74M but since it was changed to a higher damage model (to the higher 7.62 caliber or Russian .30 caliber also known as the 7.62 x 39 mm) then it should be the RPK-47

Hopefully someone that can get this to DICE notices this.
Let's end the console war....
VEXPERlMENT
AU Enlisted: 2012-10-18
2015-07-18 07:53
Didn't know people used those guns
KaaDaver
GB Enlisted: 2012-02-14
2015-07-18 08:09
People don't
xXTrooperXx89
FR Enlisted: 2011-11-29
2015-07-18 08:38
Just started using it yesterday after finishing the RPK-12. It's pretty good and has good accuracy.
Let's end the console war....
TOWtoTOW
US Enlisted: 2012-08-18
2015-07-18 09:07
The rpk74 is probably one on my favorite guns in game right now so lethal. The rpk12 is a blast too, defiantly not as good though.
I grow stronger with every stinger users soul I eat
xXTrooperXx89
FR Enlisted: 2011-11-29
2015-07-18 09:24
Michaelk3214 said:
The rpk74 is probably one on my favorite guns in game right now so lethal. The rpk12 is a blast too, defiantly not as good though.
Try it on burst and at long range. It's pretty accurate.
Let's end the console war....
Finlandiaperkele
FI Enlisted: 2012-07-18
2015-07-18 10:24 , edited 2015-07-18 10:30 by Finlandiaperkele
xXTrooperXx89 said:
-Noticeably the caliber is incorrect. It should say "7.62 x 39 mm" instead of "7.62 x 54 mm" otherwise the damage drop-off would be the same as the M240B, M60E4 or the PKP.
Yes, the caliber is incorrect, they propably change it eventually.

xXTrooperXx89 said:
-Also, if the caliber was changed then the weapon's name is also wrong. If was doing the old damage model using the 5.45 x 39 mm then it would be the RPK-74M but since it was changed to a higher damage model (to the higher 7.62 caliber or Russian .30 caliber also known as the 7.62 x 39 mm) then it should be the RPK-47
Actually, it should be just RPK.
There's no weapon called "RPK-47" (sidenote; there's no weapon called "AK-47" either, it was officially called AK, AK-47 meant it was 47 year's model).

The weapon was originally meant to shoot M43 Soviet, as the model is exactly like RPK. But for some reason devs changed it.
Vee_Snowtail
GB Enlisted: 2013-04-29
2015-07-18 11:11 , edited 2015-07-18 11:15 by Vee_Snowtail
Finlandiaperkele said:
xXTrooperXx89 said:
-Noticeably the caliber is incorrect. It should say "7.62 x 39 mm" instead of "7.62 x 54 mm" otherwise the damage drop-off would be the same as the M240B, M60E4 or the PKP.
Yes, the caliber is incorrect, they propably change it eventually.

xXTrooperXx89 said:
-Also, if the caliber was changed then the weapon's name is also wrong. If was doing the old damage model using the 5.45 x 39 mm then it would be the RPK-74M but since it was changed to a higher damage model (to the higher 7.62 caliber or Russian .30 caliber also known as the 7.62 x 39 mm) then it should be the RPK-47
Actually, it should be just RPK.
There's no weapon called "RPK-47" (sidenote; there's no weapon called "AK-47" either, it was officially called AK, AK-47 meant it was 47 year's model).

The weapon was originally meant to shoot M43 Soviet, as the model is exactly like RPK. But for some reason devs changed it.

This is also a bit inaccurate. The name AK-47 refers specifically to the prototyped version of the rifle and the pre-production field models with milled recievers that were made before the AKM(which includes the prodcution year of 1947, however the AKM hadn't been perfected until 1956 making all prior examples "47"s). An actual "AK-47" would be worth a small fortune today on the collectors market were automatic weapons not wrapped up in enough red tape to look like the minimap on a game of 64 player Metro.

The only official fielded infantry rifle model of the AK platform in 7.62x39 is the AKM. The AK 103 and AK 104 models saw limited field use. So when people say "AK-47" they normally mean AKM.

You are however entirely correct on the designation of the "RPK-74M" simply being "RPK".
"You've been kicked: DMRs not allowed"
Finlandiaperkele
FI Enlisted: 2012-07-18
2015-07-18 12:17
VeeEightV8 said:
The only official fielded infantry rifle model of the AK platform in 7.62x39 is the AKM. The AK 103 and AK 104 models saw limited field use. So when people say "AK-47" they normally mean AKM.
No.
AK was used, but due to the manufacturing problems (which forced to use milled receivers, not stamped as it was designed to), they weren't widely issued (1st line troops used AK's and 2nd line troops used SKS's) until they managed to improve the manufacturing capabilities (rifle factories were equipped and experienced in making milled receivers, so moving to stamped receiver with welded rails caused high rejection rates).

These manufacturing issues were ironed out when the AKM was designed, enabling the use of stamped receiver.

The AKM wasn't manufactured until late 50's. By then, 47 (all iterations of it) had been in production for 10 years.
komonoso
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2015-07-18 12:17
KaaDaver said:
People don't

What you talking about
0101100101101111011101010010000001110010011001010110000101101100011011000111100100100000011011000110111101101111011010110110010101100100001000000111010001101000011010010111001100100000011101010111000000111111001000000100100001101111011101110010000001100010011011110111001001100101011001000010000001100001011100100110010100100000011110010110111101110101
Motok0_Kusanagi
NR Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2015-07-18 13:04 , edited 2015-07-18 13:17 by Motok0_Kusanagi
Finlandiaperkele said:
VeeEightV8 said:
The only official fielded infantry rifle model of the AK platform in 7.62x39 is the AKM. The AK 103 and AK 104 models saw limited field use. So when people say "AK-47" they normally mean AKM.
No.
AK was used, but due to the manufacturing problems (which forced to use milled receivers, not stamped as it was designed to), they weren't widely issued (1st line troops used AK's and 2nd line troops used SKS's) until they managed to improve the manufacturing capabilities (rifle factories were equipped and experienced in making milled receivers, so moving to stamped receiver with welded rails caused high rejection rates).

These manufacturing issues were ironed out when the AKM was designed, enabling the use of stamped receiver.

The AKM wasn't manufactured until late 50's. By then, 47 (all iterations of it) had been in production for 10 years.

Correct. AK. Then AKM. Then AK-74 (new ammo). AK-47 was just a prototype. This is common mistake to name it like this. Probably due to Hollywood and shit.


RPK would be correct.

http://world.guns.ru/machine/rus/kalashnikov-rpk-e.html [world.guns.ru]
 
Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.